1. pintobean's rating of the film Fences

Black women are so strong, even, especially, when they don't want to be.

2. Malik Dowdy's rating of the film Fences

An amazing play, a so-so movie. Survived on the heels of amazing performances by its two leads.

3. Yumi Kaioh's rating of the film Fences

I thought that I was almost watching a play. Beautiful Denzel Washington.

4. Rodrigo's rating of the film Fences

I have enough of Denzel Washington's yapping for a lifetime after watching this one, thank you very much.

5. Ayinde Anderson's rating of the film Fences

It's a theater play onscreen - great play, not great cinema

6. Rebeca Magnus's rating of the film Fences

This movie has mindblowing performances everywhere. A painful reminder of how people hurt each other and how we can decide to deal with it. Blood doesn't make family and dealing with constant pain is one of the hardest things one can go through, specially from people you love and care about. I was very touched by this movie and how it shows different perspectives on when you live around someone who causes you pain.

7. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Fences

Felt like it probably worked better on the stage. I’d say Viola Davis deserved the Oscar though.

8. Caro_its's rating of the film Fences

Too much of talking, the dialogues are too often over dramatized (mostly by Denzel, Viola is really great). For all these reasons, I felt emotions who has been forced and unnatural.

9. Cielo Rojo's rating of the film Fences

10. AnnalieseVevo's rating of the film Fences

viola davis's snot bubble > ur fav's entire career

11. João Valadão's rating of the film Fences

Got me thinking about how families used to be. Or still are. And what's in the core of it, how we relate to each other.

12. Bob's rating of the film Fences

It's filled with small talk just as it is expected from the stage play, but none of this is coincident since there are a lot deeper subjects beneath casual talks and domestic arguments. And they touch basics of relationships seen through the lenses of husbands and wives or fathers and sons, confirming that whether it's 50s or contemporary age, some stories are told over and over again. Nothing new, but watch worthy.

13. Justwibi's rating of the film Fences

powerfull act & powerfull screenplay. i feel like watching a play!

14. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film Fences

**1/2 When the "filmed on Kodak" logo came up at the end, I was stunned; the misguided smoothed-sheen lighting and effects of this production make it look stiffly digitized to within an inch of its life. The performers are quite fine, as is the play, which has not been served well by its only desultory, literal (and very typical -- that score and those close-ups are automatic) translation into cinema-language.

15. Rita Roque's rating of the film Fences

16. Ilona Tru's rating of the film Fences

So you say Washington's performance is on the same level as the sobfest at Goslings? Jesus they should've given this man an Oscar. The despicable yet understandable yet terrible yet from a harsh background. So many layers.

17. Rui Salgado's rating of the film Fences

18. ceknklsn's rating of the film Fences

52/100 (Sıradan bir ailenin çoğunlukla göndermesiz-derinliksiz ve bol bol boş diyaloguna sahne olmamız eşliğinde filmi izledim. Bu kuma olayı 1960'larda Şanlıurfa'da filan bile tuhaf karşılanırken Rose karakterinin hiçbir şey olmamış gibi hayatına devam etmesi ve insanların ona cefakar demesi de ayrı iğrençti. Keza Denzel'ın oynadığı karakter ve onun oyunculuğunu tüm kanının aksine hiiiç sevmedim.... Devamı yorumda.)

19. Catarina C Gomes's rating of the film Fences

"Sometimes when he had me in his arms he cut me". This movie really resonated with me and I believe it's due to the fact that you can identify with everyone. We are all fathers, sons and lovers.

20. Mr. Marston's rating of the film Fences

21. André Vieira's rating of the film Fences

Welcome to Denzel's show. I'm glad he left an empty space for Viola because she sure makes her presence felt. Sit back and enjoy this sad and powerful ride filled with memorable performances.

22. Gia de Almeida's rating of the film Fences

The performances on this are out of this world but this movie would have benefited immensely from giving us the opportunity to know these characters through other mediums (dunno, flashbacks or something) other than dialogue and monologue. It lends the idea that you're watching the play on the big screen. It's incredibly moving but mostly because of the performances and, above all, the source material.

23. Andreia's rating of the film Fences

It's all about the acting.

24. zohen lux's rating of the film Fences

i feel like i just took an acting class

← Previous 1 3 4