1. raquel_ag's rating of the film Fences

Enredo: ★★★ Cinematografia: ★★★★ Tom: ★★★★ Música e Som: ★★★ Representação: ★★★★

2. FCC 86's rating of the film Fences

"You got to take the crookeds with the straights"

3. teresa romã's rating of the film Fences

Viola Davis is outstanding. A beautiful film.

4. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film Fences

Incredibly powerful performances

5. Richard Tines's rating of the film Fences

A Pulitzer winning play and Denzel and the previously unknown to me Viola Davis blends up into a meat and potatoes, flash-free familial drama..."and that's the way that goes!"

6. Florencja Bandini's rating of the film Fences

7. Justin Senkbile's rating of the film Fences

8. Lance L O T's rating of the film Fences

I am giving it a four, because it is really good and everything is beautifully portrayed, with superb performances and amazing dialogues, but it is hard to think of it as a film. It is hard to get into the film, and I am quite used to going to the theatre, but the long fast paced dialogues/monologues are quite a handful at first. Wonderful acting . If it was more cinematic it would be 5 stars. Awesome film, still.

9. pintobean's rating of the film Fences

Black women are so strong, even, especially, when they don't want to be.

10. Malik Dowdy's rating of the film Fences

An amazing play, a so-so movie. Survived on the heels of amazing performances by its two leads.

11. Yumi Kaioh's rating of the film Fences

I thought that I was almost watching a play. Beautiful Denzel Washington.

12. Rodrigo's rating of the film Fences

I have enough of Denzel Washington's yapping for a lifetime after watching this one, thank you very much.

13. Ayinde Anderson's rating of the film Fences

It's a theater play onscreen - great play, not great cinema

14. Rebeca Magnus's rating of the film Fences

This movie has mindblowing performances everywhere. A painful reminder of how people hurt each other and how we can decide to deal with it. Blood doesn't make family and dealing with constant pain is one of the hardest things one can go through, specially from people you love and care about. I was very touched by this movie and how it shows different perspectives on when you live around someone who causes you pain.

15. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Fences

Felt like it probably worked better on the stage. I’d say Viola Davis deserved the Oscar though.

16. Caro_its's rating of the film Fences

Too much of talking, the dialogues are too often over dramatized (mostly by Denzel, Viola is really great). For all these reasons, I felt emotions who has been forced and unnatural.

17. Cielo Rojo's rating of the film Fences

18. AnnalieseVevo's rating of the film Fences

viola davis's snot bubble > ur fav's entire career

19. João Valadão's rating of the film Fences

Got me thinking about how families used to be. Or still are. And what's in the core of it, how we relate to each other.

20. Bob's rating of the film Fences

It's filled with small talk just as it is expected from the stage play, but none of this is coincident since there are a lot deeper subjects beneath casual talks and domestic arguments. And they touch basics of relationships seen through the lenses of husbands and wives or fathers and sons, confirming that whether it's 50s or contemporary age, some stories are told over and over again. Nothing new, but watch worthy.

21. wi.bi's rating of the film Fences

powerfull act & powerfull screenplay. i feel like watching a play!

22. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film Fences

**1/2 When the "filmed on Kodak" logo came up at the end, I was stunned; the misguided smoothed-sheen lighting and effects of this production make it look stiffly digitized to within an inch of its life. The performers are quite fine, as is the play, which has not been served well by its only desultory, literal (and very typical -- that score and those close-ups are automatic) translation into cinema-language.

23. Rita Roque's rating of the film Fences

24. Ilona Buffet's rating of the film Fences

So you say Washington's performance is on the same level as the sobfest at Goslings? Jesus they should've given this man an Oscar. The despicable yet understandable yet terrible yet from a harsh background. So many layers.

← Previous 1 3 4