1. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Fiddler on the Roof

2. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Fiddler on the Roof

Yet another musical where I have all the songs memorized. In the whole Mostel vs. Topol debate, I definitely am on Team Topol. That rich voice! It's in my blood.

3. sigit pre's rating of the film Fiddler on the Roof

4. ExperimentoFilm's rating of the film Fiddler on the Roof

If I were an epic musical with only one memorable song…

5. Bill McLaughlin's rating of the film Fiddler on the Roof

From the opening scenes, i was thinking i'd be giving this a 9 out of 10! I was loving it! It looks beautiful, the music is great, and i love the introduction of the fiddler on the roof as a metaphor for life's daily struggles, but the final act of the film isn't hopeful enough for me. And i guess that's the point. But the contrast with the humour and joy of the rest of the film is striking, and sad. So, it's an 8.

6. Rachel Tyler's rating of the film Fiddler on the Roof

A must see, even if you're not a fan of musicals.

7. Scorpio Velvet's rating of the film Fiddler on the Roof

Always loved the music, it's so timeless & wonderful to listen to.

8. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Fiddler on the Roof

2-3. It has some really good edits, form cuts, and overlays, but I can see why someone would say it doesn't have a lot of visual sexiness for a musical. The material, itself, kind of lacks an internal engine for conflict. Religious austerity gives way to liberalism in increasingly more radical shades; usually with very little resistance. Though I did appreciate the dry, earthy sense of humor.

9. peli-sopher's rating of the film Fiddler on the Roof

a traditional drinking game.

10. wolf's rating of the film Fiddler on the Roof

Among the best Stage-to-Film adaptations, ever. Thanks again, Norman Jewison!

11. maudiniz's rating of the film Fiddler on the Roof

12. Burcu's rating of the film Fiddler on the Roof

" A fiddler on the roof. Sounds crazy, no? But here, in our little village of Anatevka, you might say every one of us is a fiddler on the roof trying to scratch out a pleasant, simple tune without breaking his neck. It isn't easy. You may ask 'Why do we stay up there if it's so dangerous?' Well, we stay because Anatevka is our home. And how do we keep our balance? That I can tell you in one word: tradition! "

13. McSmith's rating of the film Fiddler on the Roof

Funny how Motl, the least-developed of the husbands in the Tevye stories, became my favorite character in this adaptation. Funny, too, how love is only ever implied in those stories, and yet becomes the thematic heart of Fiddler on the Roof.

14. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Fiddler on the Roof

my review is here: http://mubi.com/reviews/24035 a modest 6/10

15. Arcanus's rating of the film Fiddler on the Roof

Not too bad. If you can't find a decent stage production of this musical to see, I suppose this will do in the meantime. I'd advise buying a CD of the stage show so you don't have to suffer Topol's inability to act.

16. carmen's rating of the film Fiddler on the Roof

The first time I saw this movie, I loved it but I thought it was too long and the pacing was off, so I avoided rewatching it. I saw it again finally and I didn't find it to be nearly as bad as I remembered. Maybe I was in just the right mood though. Great stage-to-theatre adaptation in my opinion.

17. Roscoe's rating of the film Fiddler on the Roof

The songs are well done, but the film is rather lifeless. Jewison has sense enough to get out of the way of Jerome Robbins' choreography, but the rest of the film is paced like an elephant.

18. Pierluigi Puccini's rating of the film Fiddler on the Roof

Great direction, songs and performances. painfully slow at times but overall a joyful celebration of life. L'chaim!