1. NicoIlGermanico's rating of the film Film Socialisme

On coupe l'eau quand on fait la vaisselle, bordel !

2. cyrildruesne's rating of the film Film Socialisme

Principal intérêt : on voit le Costa Concordia encore à flot.

3. BUSTER TIERNEY's rating of the film Film Socialisme

3,8/5 Film un peu plus lointain de Godard. Il donne tout autant l'impression parfois d'enfoncer des portes ouvertes et d'être au plus près de grandes vérités idéologiques. Et puis, j'ai enfin trouvé un panda caméra au poing !

4. smndvdcl's rating of the film Film Socialisme

James Joyce, Thomas Pynchon and Jean-Luc Godard. What do they all have in common? They all make ridiculously inaccessible masterpieces that create beauty beyond all rational reason.

5. AdrianM.'s rating of the film Film Socialisme

6. Balthaz21's rating of the film Film Socialisme

7. petit astronaute's rating of the film Film Socialisme

3.4 (the first and last parts are very beautiful and acute; on the other hand, the middle section could be said to be expendable - tiresome, in fact)

8. Ethan's rating of the film Film Socialisme

A beautiful document of moving images.

9. mlstrx's rating of the film Film Socialisme

aesthetically perfect, but why does godard still refuse to have real people in his films? middle seconds draaagss too

10. Benjamin Bland's rating of the film Film Socialisme

Surprised to say that I thought this was absolutely sublime... *ducks for cover as Mark Kermode throws croissants in my general direction*

11. Intelectual Super Teen's rating of the film Film Socialisme

Godard makes great movies, because he is untouchable and divine.

12. Raymond Likes Subtitles's rating of the film Film Socialisme

13. Marc St-Cyr (Death cinéphilia)'s rating of the film Film Socialisme

A great examination about the end of Europe, his failure to connect with the « others », the dead of language, and the power of digital film and the paquebot to testify all that. Some of the most striking images of the century. Barely comprehensible (but relatively « accessible »), but essential for any late Godard's fan.

14. Superfrog's rating of the film Film Socialisme

Mysterious is not clever...

15. Max Seqgar's rating of the film Film Socialisme

3 only because it is Godard, but jeezuz... high-school level philosophical dilemmas exposed in a Lacanean structure...hmmm very much like his most recent 3D venture. Again, it's ok since it's from Godard. Watch it!

16. Chris_Parker's rating of the film Film Socialisme

Jean-Luc Godard has always, to an increasing degree, attempted to deconstruct what film and cinema can be but I think he's crossed the line here. Film Socialism is not a film. In fact I don't know what it is. But whatever it is, it seems to follow Godard's "throw everything at the wall and see whatever sticks" agenda, which has become terribly annoying of late.

17. Axel's rating of the film Film Socialisme

Quelle déception quand des films comme Le Mépris ou Pierrot le Fou font partie de vos favoris! On en est loin... C'est sans queue ni tête, certaines scènes frisent le ridicule, le son est douteux... bref, c'est d'un ennui mortel.

18. christophe.labarde@noos.fr's rating of the film Film Socialisme

Faible, prétentieux, pathétique à tous les sens du terme... Mal pensé, mal écrit, mal filmé, mal réalisé, mal sonorisé... Godard est une imposture. L'époque, hélas,adore les impostures...

19. Roberto Carlos's rating of the film Film Socialisme

The work of a free and youthful spirit. Could this be JLG's most radical film?

20. Michael Thomsen's rating of the film Film Socialisme

No, I didn't really "get" it, but kinda fascinating... if you're in the mood for watching paint dry.

21. John's rating of the film Film Socialisme

a master at serious play in his medium. that the cruise ship costa concordia actually sank in 2012 adds a nice coda, confirming godard's genius ;)

22. Nancy Stark's rating of the film Film Socialisme

How can I give this 5 stars when i didn't understand so much of it? Well, that's Godard. The camera is so sharp the beauty of the colors almost cuts you. Mysterious. Worth watching again.

23. El Biffo's rating of the film Film Socialisme

Honestly, I don't even try to understand all of Godard's political ramblings. Socialism, Communism, Maoism, ism, ism, ism. I just love the images, the color, the composition, the jagged flow that comes together so perfectly.We could praise or criticize Godard endlessly; I am just glad he's still around, making pictures.

24. PleasantGuitar's rating of the film Film Socialisme