1. Rennovatio's rating of the film Film Study

2. kamarg88@gmail.com's rating of the film Film Study

Lo único que me parece espantoso, es la música que lo acompaña. Para nada coincide con la temática ni ritmo del filme.

3. B o g d a n's rating of the film Film Study

4. Éryka's rating of the film Film Study

Short, interesting, mysterious. A timeless piece of art. You could watch it again and again.

5. Sin título.'s rating of the film Film Study

Interesante juego de ritmos y texturas que van desde lo mecánico hasta el pequeño vistazo etológico. Dramático y de vanguardia.

6. Aldo Diosdado's rating of the film Film Study

Efectos visuales de 1926. La mejor muestra del avance tecnológico de Alemania en la historia humana.

7. Klara's rating of the film Film Study

That's some sweet dadaism right there.

8. Thomas's rating of the film Film Study

Hypnotic, dramatic. The abstract transformations are like metamorphoses.

9. Sebastian C. Christensen's rating of the film Film Study

I found it neither great nor dull. It captured me with 30 seconds to go I was waiting for it to end. Interesting. It's 4 minutes, if you are just a little bit curious, watch it, 'till the end!

10. tsamaroden's rating of the film Film Study

I find the editing of early abstract short films fascinating and enthralling, but I never really know what directors are getting at: this fact is definitely the case for Hans Richter. Maybe I just don't understand Dadaism.

11. EdieEmm's rating of the film Film Study

Less the transubstantiation of a dream onto celluloid than a cross-section of dream under microscope, presented with the terse formality of a lecturing professor: "Watch as familiar objects undergo mutations along plausible lines of logic - eyes are heads are circles - till the dreamer's reasoning is lulled. Now pure abstraction has free reign! Temporarily. Till the process reverses itself..." Not bad for 4 minutes!

12. msmichel's rating of the film Film Study

'The face is the portrait of the mind; the eyes, its informers' latin proverb

13. lostlevel's rating of the film Film Study

I would be hard pushed to tell you why to watch this other than it being a bizarre but enjoyable curiosity.

14. Alysia Urrutia's rating of the film Film Study

15. Bram Vroonland's rating of the film Film Study

Fits into a time-slot where people where figuring out what this medium could do. Creative and meta stuff, perhaps a sign for things to come (Man with a movie camera etc.)?

16. Barış Akpınar's rating of the film Film Study

Perfect dimensions relating to the period of it.

17. Hockley Cinema's rating of the film Film Study

Worth a glimpse !! And what a glimpse..... put yourself into an anachronistic frame of mind and focus on the innards of imagination that this near-a-century-old film short unfurls.

18. weinbrandbabsi's rating of the film Film Study

As the title points out a study into film and as the label 'dada' points out a glimpse way farer into the relation between the work of art, meaning and the viewer. Besides that, on a technical level incredible, a dedication to the medium of film and an experiment into it, that looks for equals among what I've seen so far.

19. Kamran's rating of the film Film Study

A rhythmic abstraction of reception, of receptivity, of projection, and of the enveloping qualities of cinematic experience. 80/100 - Great.

20. Terry_Moby's rating of the film Film Study

There should be more films like this!

21. Andrei Tarkovsky's rating of the film Film Study

Gesichter und Augen, die sich verdrehen und einen Blick auf das Dunkel und die Nacht, auf die Arbeit und das Leben von Vögeln offenbaren. Filmisch ist dieses 4-minütige Werk für sein Jahr durchaus interessant, allerdings gibt es doch gerade im Bereich der großen Avantgarde-Künstler deutlich bessere und größenwahnsinnigere, aber auch die eigenen Nerven umso mehr belastende Werke.

22. Max Seqgar's rating of the film Film Study

Just love how Dadaists had this penchant for drama... it can be abstract, but it must be super loaded with drama!!

23. Helena's rating of the film Film Study

24. Marco Bevilacqua's rating of the film Film Study

A purely graphic short film. It's focused on shape and geometry, bringing all new ideas, techniques and approaches to cinema in that period. A film directed by an artist with a strong perception capacity. The only thing I don't like is the music, which doesn't match the images in power.