1. M Madalena Alves's rating of the film Finding Vivian Maier

curiosa história de vida de uma grande fotografa, talvez merecesse um documentário diferente.

2. eleventries's rating of the film Finding Vivian Maier

3. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Finding Vivian Maier

There are some surprising moral questions asked by this one. Questions regarding the appropriation of an artist’s work after they are deceased, the matter of a person’s genius versus their actual personality, especially if that personality ended up damaging others. Vivian Maier was a great photographer and a fascinating person, but she could also be accused to child abuse in sometimes horrific measures.

4. Lorraine-Rodriguez's rating of the film Finding Vivian Maier

I'm bewitched by Vivian Maier's work and story. I just want to punch this John Maloof guy in the face for making this terrible documentary. And I truly hate his voice. And he is boring.

5. Ruth Gilbert's rating of the film Finding Vivian Maier

This felt rushed. A let-down considering the rich subject matter. Shallow investigation down too many avenues, or poor editing? Worth the watch it, though.

6. tintinmugshot's rating of the film Finding Vivian Maier

Much more focused into the character then her work, really. The persona is fantastic, but the knowledge of her work could have had a deeper insight because in the end, that's what matters. But even said that, it worth a watch.

7. Ayinde Anderson's rating of the film Finding Vivian Maier

Vivian Maier lived the purest form of artistry. This definitely painted an intriguing perspective on her life as the memories and recounts of moments develop.

8. cinegeek.de's rating of the film Finding Vivian Maier

John Maloof kaufte vor einigen Jahre einige Negative und stiess per Zufall auf eine grossartige, bis dahin unveröffentlichte Künstlerin: Vivian Maier. Nun hat er einen Film über sie gemacht... Die ganze Rezension sowie weitere Filme über Fotografen gibts in unserer Film List auf cinegeek.de

9. jukulka's rating of the film Finding Vivian Maier

Vivian deserves a more fleshed out documentary - this was choppy and messy, although the sentiment - lovely

10. Mark Tallo's rating of the film Finding Vivian Maier

Excellent and thoughtful. I sat down planning to watch only the first twenty minutes and I had to watch it to the end.

11. NicoIlGermanico's rating of the film Finding Vivian Maier

Fascinating photographer, terrible documentary.

12. jooley's rating of the film Finding Vivian Maier

I'm surprised it got an oscar nod - not best doc filmmaking I've seen, though it has its moments, at times with euforic effect. BUT the story! Man, I love this story. It's like in Amelie, when she finds the memories box, and begins to piece together the story of the owner. Only here, the owner of the box is another Amelie-like character, who may or may not have put the box there for this exact purpose.

13. letters never sent's rating of the film Finding Vivian Maier

I love photography. The discovery of Vivian Maier and her immense skill and eye for observation is an excellent subject to unravel.

14. Louisa Savignon's rating of the film Finding Vivian Maier

3.5 // vivian is amazing! and maloof did a good job on her. good, but there are sometimes questionable suppositions. give us more!

15. biancamotta's rating of the film Finding Vivian Maier

not very interesting documentary

16. cmuela's rating of the film Finding Vivian Maier

i LOVE Vivian <3 .. al though this was just meh,

17. dialupmodem's rating of the film Finding Vivian Maier

serial hoarder, street photographer, child traumatiser, eccentric reclusive former nanny, with a penchant for making up new identities... absolute gold standard subject for a documentary and it was done well!

18. dumpsterbaby's rating of the film Finding Vivian Maier

I find Vivian herself extremely intriguing and love her photography. But this documentary just left me wanting for more. It was like an Introduction to Vivian Maier course just touching the surface of her life. I understand that it's hard to find information on her, but I believe a better study could have been made with the information in hand

19. Mihai Cristea's rating of the film Finding Vivian Maier

20. mpho3's rating of the film Finding Vivian Maier

"This initially playful, ultimately haunting look at the once-secret career of street photographer Vivian Maier is an aptly obsessive study of obsession." - Rob Nelson, Variety

21. Perianu Lory's rating of the film Finding Vivian Maier

22. batarde's rating of the film Finding Vivian Maier

issues verbalized here https://ascavengersdaughter.wordpress.com/2014/05/25/hiding-vivian/

23. babycakesromero's rating of the film Finding Vivian Maier

real life zelig. the right box found the right person and the rest is almost history.

24. Jeff Kwok's rating of the film Finding Vivian Maier

Vivian Maier deserves a better documentary than this