1. Diogo Pires's rating of the film First Name: Carmen

my first Godard, some years ago. I surely have to rewatch it.

2. FISCHER's rating of the film First Name: Carmen

>>> Hélas, Godard manie de mieux en mieux le stylo et l'écriture au détriment de la caméra et du discours cinématographique. Certes novateur, il n'en est pas moins ennuyeux pendant les trois quarts de ces quatre-vingt cinq longues minutes... www.cinefiches.com

3. Balthaz21's rating of the film First Name: Carmen

4. Ethan's rating of the film First Name: Carmen

Godard was always at his best when he was tearing down other people's shit and making it entirely his own.

5. Muraki's rating of the film First Name: Carmen

6. Raymond Likes Subtitles's rating of the film First Name: Carmen

Godard can be fun. Funny,sexy and thoughtful. Godard is funny playing a warped version of him self.

7. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film First Name: Carmen

I love the story of Carmen and Godard does more then justify it by making an erotic and sexual film that analyzes the relationship of film, music, literature, and the artist- I absolutely loved it!

8. Ostermyers's rating of the film First Name: Carmen

9. João Eça's rating of the film First Name: Carmen

10. Susan Harris's rating of the film First Name: Carmen

this is my favorite godard film. so crazy almost letting carmen do the talking.

11. britney spears's rating of the film First Name: Carmen

The old fart is very derivative of himself: Another ritzy cartoon, all abruption and no empathy… Godard says without saying, “being in love is like being thrown in the can.” There’s lots of slaps, gunfights under chandeliers, quotes from Proverbs and arguments in the nude. Like always, Godard’s girl steals the heart of the hero only to later pull the rug out from under him.

12. wolfmansRazor's rating of the film First Name: Carmen

Godard deconstructs Bizet's opera and reconstructs as, at various points, a Bonnie-and-Clyde tale of lovers on the lam, a madcap comedy, a chamber piece, a modern urban romance, a courtroom drama and, finally, a tragedy. Godard plays a delightful parody of himself. Funny, sexy, and relatively accessible. Like much of Godard's later work, it's very much a film about its own construction.

13. Aurora's rating of the film First Name: Carmen

Se siente como si en vez de estar viendo una película, estuvieses viendo una obra de teatro. Lo que este señor hace con los sonidos es sinónimo de un Dios.

14. Nancarrow's rating of the film First Name: Carmen

Happening. Tides of emotion, thought, sensation. To be. Who needs an atomic bomb or plastic cups? No one. / Consummate ending: "In memoriam small movies" -brilliant!

15. Jose Sarmiento Hinojosa's rating of the film First Name: Carmen

Godard funniest film yet. An overlooked gem.

16. Kenrick Block's rating of the film First Name: Carmen

"I didn't go to college but , but I know the world doesn't belong to the innocent." Godard's best opening lines? I think so.