1. msmichel's rating of the film First They Killed My Father: A Daughter of Cambodia Remembers

After the successful 'Unbroken' and the under-rated 'By the Sea' Jolie makes her best film to date with this Cambodian drama concerning a young girls travails under the Khmer Rouge. Expertly edited and with top notch production values especially the rich, colourful cinematography by Anthony Dod Mantle. Young Sareum Srey Moch is extraordinary here in a captivating and affecting performance.

2. nadnab's rating of the film First They Killed My Father: A Daughter of Cambodia Remembers

3. wi.bi's rating of the film First They Killed My Father: A Daughter of Cambodia Remembers

Angelina Jolie is definitely had a great job on this feature!!

4. adina's rating of the film First They Killed My Father: A Daughter of Cambodia Remembers

if you want to learn more about the khmer rouge watch "don't think i've forgotten". way more engaging.

5. marcorenton's rating of the film First They Killed My Father: A Daughter of Cambodia Remembers

With Angelina Jolie directing war comes in warm colours and slow-motions.

6. Lthm2's rating of the film First They Killed My Father: A Daughter of Cambodia Remembers

Up close and personal for director Angelina Jolie, but with a straight head that will surprise you. A woman beat Nolan at his war movie this year and I totally see why she will win the best foreign movie in her own country (Angelina is a bi-national)

7. Jugu Abraham's rating of the film First They Killed My Father: A Daughter of Cambodia Remembers

Angela Jolie is impressive as a director. Very good performances. Excellent drone cinematography. Anthony Dod Mantle's best cinematography yet with incredible overhead still drone shots. But those who consider this to be a great or unique work should see Hana Makhmalbaf's 2007 film "Buddha collapsed from shame" which also looks at senseless killings and destruction in Afghanistan from a child's point of view.

8. Alex's rating of the film First They Killed My Father: A Daughter of Cambodia Remembers

9. †. Kennedy Pope's rating of the film First They Killed My Father: A Daughter of Cambodia Remembers

Since they're both Netflix original films, I couldn't help but compare this to Cary Fukunaga's "Beasts of No Nation." This is like a less-adeptly directed version of that. I found myself uninterested for the entire first half of the film due to the strictly passive nature of the characters. There's really no satisfying conflict because no one acts against the antagonists for nearly the whole film.

10. biancamotta's rating of the film First They Killed My Father: A Daughter of Cambodia Remembers

11. Liliana Cárdenas's rating of the film First They Killed My Father: A Daughter of Cambodia Remembers

12. vordven's rating of the film First They Killed My Father: A Daughter of Cambodia Remembers

13. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film First They Killed My Father: A Daughter of Cambodia Remembers

I'm more of a fan of arthouse Angelina Jolie, but her latest effort is pretty admirable, mostly for its commitment in telling its story through the eyes of a young Cambodian girl.