1. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Fists in the Pocket

I think the first problem is that the character tells everyone what he's going to do. You just sit there and watch him. The second problem is that it's meant to be shocking, and therefore it becomes a bit of a bore.

2. Marco Tassinari's rating of the film Fists in the Pocket

3. The Macho King's rating of the film Fists in the Pocket

2 1/2 stars. It has it moments/intriguing aspects however I don't think it's great nor even that good of a film, especially going by all the outstanding things I've heard/read about over the years about it. Perhaps my expectations were too high going into it since I've finally got around to watching it (DVR'd it on TCM a couple weeks back). Some nice black & white cinematography though.

4. SpacePirate's rating of the film Fists in the Pocket

Stunning cinematography in crisp B&W, tight direction, and impeccable acting by Castel and co. Bizarre story and plot is likely to turn off some viewers, but this should be classified as what it deserves: essential world cinema. Bellocchio makes an instant classic with this debut, and while I can certainly see why it turned off moviegoers of the day, its must see for serious film fans. 5 easy stars, truly original.

5. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Fists in the Pocket

6. Aardsy's rating of the film Fists in the Pocket

Fact: later remade as THE PARTRIDGE FAMILY.

7. FISCHER's rating of the film Fists in the Pocket

Une oeuvre magnifique et difficile qui s'impose comme une évidence ! www.cinefiches.com

8. Balthaz21's rating of the film Fists in the Pocket

9. ant's rating of the film Fists in the Pocket

Bellocchio will never trump his own debut film. One of the best italian films ever.

10. Elia Canevascini's rating of the film Fists in the Pocket

11. Joel's rating of the film Fists in the Pocket

This films daring innocence and carefree style fill it with such confidence that you cannot help but feel sucked in. Every move is novel yet sure. A dark family fantasy with great strength. Another Italian Classic but in a new and strange style.

12. Stephane Tanaka's rating of the film Fists in the Pocket

Beautiful restauration, and seemed to be a good Antonioni-like 60s italian social movie, but not enough clear for me...

13. Dries's rating of the film Fists in the Pocket

Un buonissimo film ma non il capolavoro di cui tutti parlano. Castel sopra le righe ma nel finale la sua crisi mi è parsa troppo innaturale e forzata a livello recitativo

14. come-in-alone's rating of the film Fists in the Pocket

I can't remember when it's the last time I took so many screenshots while watching a film. The black & white is so crisp, stunning cinematography, characters feel so real. It's a sad story, but what a gorgeous film. Beyond me I didn't hear much about it before. Why is it so little known?!

15. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Fists in the Pocket

Bunuel was not a fan, but sometimes on the nose is the way to go.

16. Ebru Yörükoğlu's rating of the film Fists in the Pocket

"the family is the first cell of the fascist society." 3,7

17. Erik F.'s rating of the film Fists in the Pocket

18. Muraki's rating of the film Fists in the Pocket

19. Marta Donati's rating of the film Fists in the Pocket

Marco Bellocchio's first film: altogether brilliant and one of my personal favourites. Interesting condemnation of the family ideological apparatus. An anarchic examination of reality that shocked its generation. Great acting from Lou Castel and Paola Pitagora.

20. paxy's rating of the film Fists in the Pocket

21. sicagabri's rating of the film Fists in the Pocket

The movie starts and remains well with all the tensions between the brothers, and with the freakest plot against all the family. But, the movie turns aimless after the mother's death. What is good and curious is that any brother really cares about the other. The only one who doesn't make any harm is Leone, therefore, maybe, he is ignored by the others. Good scenes. "Sento aria, Ale. E' aperta la finestra?".

22. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Fists in the Pocket

Ópera prima turbulenta sobre una estirpe envenenada. La relación tensa y lapidaria entre unos hermanos es la prueba de un fracaso social; la señal de su próxima extinción. “Las manos en los bolsillos” es una alegoría a la autodestrucción, el resentimiento mutuo que ha calcinado toda brecha moral (parricidio, incesto) o espiritual (desmitifación de la iglesia) echada abajo por los hijos.

23. Pymo's rating of the film Fists in the Pocket

Rage against the machine.

24. Natalia La Terza's rating of the film Fists in the Pocket

L'incanto comincia quando Leone beve il tè dal piattino. Un giorno avrò anch'io un camino e ci berrò il caffè dentro.