1. Anna Filodor's rating of the film Five Easy Pieces

2. MisterColo93's rating of the film Five Easy Pieces

3. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Five Easy Pieces

Jack Nicholson exiting his car in traffic for a musical sequence > La La Land. Also, Karen Black's Rayette is so heartbreakingly pure and good and deserving of more than this insecure child in a grown man's body. God. I loved this film.

4. Matthew Catanzano's rating of the film Five Easy Pieces

5. Aida's rating of the film Five Easy Pieces

i don't know anything about movies, but the sound mixing was off. things that should have been in the background were too much in the foreground... beautiful movie though! and great screenplay! although i feel the writer only made sense of who the characters were towards the very end.. it made for a pleasurable viewing experience nonetheless.

6. Balthaz21's rating of the film Five Easy Pieces

7. Clat's rating of the film Five Easy Pieces

8. Thomas Dods's rating of the film Five Easy Pieces

Jack Nicholson is a revelation and this is 70's film making of the highest order. A film about isolation and the failure of the American Dream,

9. alcools's rating of the film Five Easy Pieces

♪♫ Stand by your man ♪♫

10. Thomas's rating of the film Five Easy Pieces

A landmark in postmodern Hollywood cinema. A remarkably solid, well paced and excellently observed classic, adroitly capturing a slice of the full spectrum of a socially and culturally chaotic America in the 60's. Fascinatingly perceptive analysis of an array of different interwoven lives in all their unlikely interconnecting spheres. Nicholson is terrific in his most complex and layered performance.

11. Jenny Coldpussy's rating of the film Five Easy Pieces

The most humanizing and compassionate portrayal of a coward that I've ever seen. Jack Nicholoson is so good he almost tricked me into thinking of him as a rebel, kind of what many real life cowards do. I love this film.

12. Rui Oliveira's rating of the film Five Easy Pieces

A great american classic. The story of a man who feels he doesn't belong anywhere, a rebel in his late 30s, drifting. Beautifully shot, Rafelson's directing is also great and atmospherical. Jack Nicholson and Karen Black are amazing.

13. blyniukas's rating of the film Five Easy Pieces

lots to think about, lots to consider. a very pleasant challenge of a film, definitely for those who can employ and rejoice at critical thinking instead of being short-sightedly judgemental. it will roll in my mind for weeks to come:)

14. raggiodisole's rating of the film Five Easy Pieces

capturing a slice of the human condition, and a bang-on portrayal of a man sliding aimlessly between worlds

15. Ashleyp's rating of the film Five Easy Pieces

Forget plot or a cohesive story; this is, i think, about characters' demons unravelling. I love this film but don't necessarily like all the characters portrayed. Great use of music too.

16. alimcintyre's rating of the film Five Easy Pieces

Jack Nicholson and Karen Black on the road to nowhere, what's not to like?

17. Jonathan Smith's rating of the film Five Easy Pieces

Jack Nicholson at his absolute best - If only we could preserve him forever in those peak years! As Bobby Dupea he captures the futility of rebellion & impossibility of trying to escape the shadows of the past. The diner scene will always be iconic but it's a film filled with superb performances and moments - that piano playing on the highway is magical. Five Easy Pieces is a fine advert for the New Hollywood era.

18. Magic Lantern Alison's rating of the film Five Easy Pieces

Such a solidly brilliant piece of filmaking. The whole film is like Jack Nicholson's furrowed brow, so much going on under the surface. Can't fault it.

19. Ethan's rating of the film Five Easy Pieces

This was the first time we really saw Jack Nicholson as we know and love him today: angry, restless, crazy, and unpredictable.

20. tintinmugshot's rating of the film Five Easy Pieces

Man, what happened to Hollywood?

21. elif jazel's rating of the film Five Easy Pieces

amazing performance by Jack Nicholson! but no cohesive story

22. Ed S's rating of the film Five Easy Pieces

I'm shocked by all the reviews that depict Nicholson's character as some kind of counter-cultural rebel. If anything, this is a film about the emptiness of rebellion, and the worth of all the things that Nicholson rejects, however stifling and absurd they may sometimes be. Jack Nicholson's character is one of cinema's all-time biggest assholes, and his treatment of women is enough to turn anyone into a feminist.

23. j's rating of the film Five Easy Pieces

3.5. Nicholson is great as always. Plot lost it's way a little towards the end. Top ending though - think I would have done the same if she sang at me like that.

24. Sacred White Noise's rating of the film Five Easy Pieces

is it wrong that i don't see anything wrong in anything Nicholson's character does?

← Previous 1 3 4