1. pebblesinuniverse's rating of the film Flame & Citron

2. Ashley Spendlove's rating of the film Flame & Citron

A solid and atmospheric historical thriller. Although a bit long, it holds the attention well and the period setting looks great. Madsen effectively conjures up an uneasy underground world where any attempts to find moral clarity in taking action against occupation are thwarted by ambiguity, politics, treachery and greed. In such a world the protagonists, hitmen with a noble cause, become the innocents.

3. UnbrandedFilms's rating of the film Flame & Citron

The attempt to create a context for the main plot and theme results in subplots and characters that are redundant. Despite this and the excessive narration, the narrative would hold if only better supported by cinematography and editing. Overall a good watch.

4. raggiodisole's rating of the film Flame & Citron

Its the facts behind this story that make it so stirring, but a good job was done in terms of acting and storyline

5. Luke Andrews's rating of the film Flame & Citron

A refreshing take on an overpopulated genre. I detect a lack of purpose in regards to the narrative, but chose to see that as a deliberate artistic masterstroke that reflects the protagonist's alienation, both within their nazi controlled country, and within the left wing rebellion fighting against it. From somebody who has grown a bit tired of WW2 films - Good Job.

6. Chriiistiana's rating of the film Flame & Citron

Had higher expectations but had to be too mainstream..

7. Penelope q's rating of the film Flame & Citron

Very intense and intimate. Feels as if you are there, taking part of their story.

8. Al Green's rating of the film Flame & Citron

A good bit of drama. A few too many holes in the plot to make it truly believable, but Mads Mikkelsen makes a very compelling lead as usual.

9. Snehal's rating of the film Flame & Citron

way to much sentimentality, pretend hard, pretend gritty

10. Superfrog's rating of the film Flame & Citron

A waste of time, Watch The army of Shadow (l'armee des ombres, Melville) instead.

11. Paul Relf's rating of the film Flame & Citron

Superb suspenful and thrilling true war story. Loved every minute. Fantastic, especially he acting. I was engrossed. Still am.

12. SiIencio's rating of the film Flame & Citron

A WWII Danish drama that feels lost and over-long at times trying to find its identity and purpose meandering through too many confused patches. Other than that the execution is neat enough however not packing enough punch to wet your pants. Thure Lindhardt outshines an anodyne M "lips" Mikkelsen (almost in a supporting role despite his character making 50% of the film title).

13. nickolia's rating of the film Flame & Citron

some stories, some films, leave a big impression and make you want to find out more. this is one of them. in itself, that's a tribute to the real life Flame and Citron.

14. Imelda Says's rating of the film Flame & Citron

I was daunted when I saw the length of this, but I found myself gripped from the first shot. Great sustained tension, elegant aesthetics, clean and controlled.

15. Jake Davis's rating of the film Flame & Citron

Good story and great acts from Mads however I couldn't help but feel it didn't feel authentic enough for the 40's

16. Andre Rehal's rating of the film Flame & Citron

Watched this again last night, certain aspects reminded me of Army of Shadows. As always Mads Mikkelsen gives as great performance.

17. Tess_in_the_sky's rating of the film Flame & Citron

Pretty good movie, ambitious and gripping story… the actors are amazing… the whole setting and the atmosphere are powerful… sometimes it’s a bit melodramatically and there are no pictures or dialogues that will last forever… though I can recommend it...

18. Mehdi Arfaoui's rating of the film Flame & Citron

I think that Madsen did a very good work. It's to me a beautiful anti-manichean and realistic representation of this period, in an unusual context. I give it a 4 cause i think that the movie was sometimes too politically correct. .

19. Dave's rating of the film Flame & Citron

Noir meets war film, in a vein similar to the work that Jean-Pierre Melville did. While not quite to the level of the great Melville, it's a strong attempt to recreate that same atmosphere and tension. One of my favorites of the last decade.

20. Olivia Reneé Saldívar's rating of the film Flame & Citron

Continuing my Mads Mikkelsen love. Haberdashery art direction~~ holla!!

21. Kaifu's rating of the film Flame & Citron

A very polished Danish WWII neo-noir, with the dude from After the Wedding. Nearing end of WWII sure makes a fascinating backdrop for a movie.