1. ICN's rating of the film Flanders

To me it felt like a film made by someone with severe autism. Not very enjoyable.

2. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Flanders

Bruno Dumont is quickly becoming a favorite of mine... here's a good reason why!

3. santiago alzate botero's rating of the film Flanders

barbe's scenes were all i really cared about

4. shakranik's rating of the film Flanders

5. janh24's rating of the film Flanders

An interesting, minor film.

6. raggiodisole's rating of the film Flanders

a restrained look at how you can arrive at love

7. Miggy Angel's rating of the film Flanders

this is an exploitation movie am i right

8. dmol's rating of the film Flanders

I enjoyed the silences and the polar extremities of social surroundings and scenery. The raucous war in the heated desert doesn't spare Flanders a certain passivity, though. For one, the "hero" rapes a girl and, both aesthetically and emotionally, it is seen from a distance - later zooming on...love??

9. Xavier Briche's rating of the film Flanders

10. yen's rating of the film Flanders

So all this vivid depiction of wars, the killings of children, rape, racism in military, and the dehumanization of Middle Eastern people, etc. were all meant to color the story of this dude who has troubles expressing his feelings to his girlfriend? Great job with the plot.

11. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Flanders

Dumont recrea retratos de personajes con una personalidad voluble. Hay un aura benefactora por momentos, pero en otros son perversos y autodestructivos. Existe además un aire de mutismo, un estado de relajación que los detona más impredescibles. Esto promueve el lado provocativo, por ejemplo, en "Flanders". El amor y la guerra se manifiestan de forma intempestiva y agresiva.

12. vicentmara@gmail.com's rating of the film Flanders

I could''t stop thinking "he has made this film already" ...

13. Patrick's rating of the film Flanders

I suppose I'm missing something with this one, as much as I searched and searched, I couldn't find enough depth or humanity in the characters to actually care about them. There are many long scenes in empty fields that reflected my feelings about this film, something meaningful and beautiful could have grown there, but all I found was mud.

14. MarcelVonPure's rating of the film Flanders

15. Frank ViSo's rating of the film Flanders

Dalle fredde campagne delle fiandre (Hors Satan) al polveroso deserto del medio oriente (Hadewijch). Dumont traccia il terreno per le opere successive! From the cold plains of Flanders (Hors Satan) to dusty desert of Middle East (Hadewijch). Dumont track the ground for the following works!

16. Lights in the Dusk's rating of the film Flanders

Here and elsewhere. The conflict at home, personal and domestic, as a precursor to the conflict(s) of war; creating echoes of events, moments and interactions that haunt the audience as profoundly as they haunt the film's central characters. These reminders - or scars, emotional and physical - are all around us, in everything we do.

17. Redundant Cinema's rating of the film Flanders

This failed to reach me the way Dumonts other films have. it felt as though he was wading into unfamiliar waters - the film just didn't connect. As always, beautiful cinematography though.

18. vordven's rating of the film Flanders

19. chanandre's rating of the film Flanders

Drove 85 miles (some 137 [!!!] Km) back and forth to see a working print of Flanders, on a film festival (has not premiered theatrically ever since) in Évora. Was totally worth it though...

20. Fidel Antonio Medel's rating of the film Flanders

Winner of the Grand Jury Prize during the 2006 Cannes Film Festival, Bruno Dumont’s “Flandres” is a dark cross-examination of the simplicity of rural life and the horrors of war. The film banks on shock value and implants unpleasant images of abuse into our minds. http://pixelatedpopcorn.blogspot.com/

21. seva's rating of the film Flanders

Man is an animal Man is an animal. Man is an animal. Man is an animal. You think you get it? No no no! You still don't get it. Man is an animal. Man is an animal. Man is an animal. Man is an animal. Credits.

22. Edwin N's rating of the film Flanders

A minimalist approach at outrage,dementia,jaelousy and the horrors of war. Brilliant, absolutely brilliant.