1. Richmond Hill's rating of the film Flash Gordon

A strange creature this: a campy pantomime that captures something of a cartoon strip in its strikingly bubblegum aesthetic, but wouldn't you better off reading the comic as there's precious little added here as yet another bastard son of Superman: The Movie lumbers forward for its attempted money shot. On that note it has an unusually kinky edge for such a mainstream caper which spices things up at the edges a bit.

2. bencor's rating of the film Flash Gordon

Where you go I follow. There is something finer in this Galaxy than Ming's law COMPANY FLOW-INFO KILL https://youtu.be/J9Toi-0BDjY https://www.google.com/amp/s/genius.com/amp/Company-flow-info-kill-ii-lyrics

3. captainfez's rating of the film Flash Gordon

In terms of jobbing actors, this is like a camp space version of THE BILL.

4. Nolan Barth's rating of the film Flash Gordon

This is a big, bold and incredibly dumb film! Flash Gordon is an absolute blast and incredibly fun. If you sit back and just enjoy this film for what it is then you will have one hell of a good time! On a small side note I wish we got to see more of the Lizard people, they were hilarious. In a perfect world we would've got a whole series of these films. Flash Gordon is just such a funny and charming movie.

5. el.'s rating of the film Flash Gordon

6. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film Flash Gordon

3.5 stars. I saw this movie in an empty Times Square theater the day after New Years decades ago. I had heard nothing about it. I just wanted to kill time. I loved it. Ornella Muti, Brian Blessed, Timothy Dalton and, especially, Max von Sydow as Ming the Merciless were beyond praise. The score by Queen was great.

7. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film Flash Gordon

8. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Flash Gordon

I didn't get this as a kid, but my eyes have been opened.

9. Richard Punch's rating of the film Flash Gordon

Fight for every one of us, stand for every one of us.

10. José Neves's rating of the film Flash Gordon

11. fardian's rating of the film Flash Gordon

FLASH! AAAAA! SAVIOR OF THE UNIVERSE!

12. JuanM's rating of the film Flash Gordon

My favourite superheroes film- with the fantastic music by Queen.

13. msmichel's rating of the film Flash Gordon

Sometimes the return to films of our childhood result in surprises. The surprise was this was nowhere as near as awful as I remember from first seeing in 80 or 81. Jones really is less animated than a movie still with rest of cast not much better in its europudding casting. Yet the film still manages to cast a spell over the viewer with its colourful design, great max von sydow performance and QUEEN, QUEEN, QUEEN.

14. Robsaranga's rating of the film Flash Gordon

Spaventoso esempio di imbecillità cinematografica!

15. Sabrina Crews's rating of the film Flash Gordon

Gave this one-star flick an extra one for the Queen soundtrack.

16. Ryuu Baron's rating of the film Flash Gordon

17. staglias's rating of the film Flash Gordon

THIS MOVIE NEEDS TO BE REMADE IMMEDIATELY.

18. Ethan Vestby's rating of the film Flash Gordon

19. Rolph90's rating of the film Flash Gordon

Any film with Brain Blessed prancing around in a golden bird man costume has my vote.

20. WILLIE's rating of the film Flash Gordon

21. House 0f Leaves's rating of the film Flash Gordon

22. Pierluigi Puccini's rating of the film Flash Gordon

Why would I bash something I have enjoyed this much? no matter how ridiculous and bad it is I found it hysterical. who would have thought that Mr. Mike "Get Carter" Hodges would go for campy fun? and Queen in the soundtrack just adds more laughs and nostalgia to this quirky and deliriously kitsch production by megalomaniac producer Dino De Laurentiis.

23. VENIMOS LOS JODIMOS Y NOS FUIMOS's rating of the film Flash Gordon

Flash Gordon es uno de esos crueles casos que suelen darse en el cine, de que ves una pelicula y, en su momento, se te hace una chingoneria, pero al cabo de un putero de años la ves de nuevo, y te parece una soberana pendejada. Sin duda, el peor trabajo alimenticio de la carrera de Max Von Sydow.

24. Roscoe's rating of the film Flash Gordon

Extremely uneven, but there's good fun to be had. No actor in history has had more fun than Max von Sydow as Ming the Merciless.