1. Alvise Narduzzi's rating of the film Flavor of Green Tea Over Rice

Un capolavoro a macchina fissa. O quasi. Ozu delizia con i suoi soliti temi di una semplicità meravigliosa e la sua maestria nello sfruttare la profondità di campo, mentre mette in piedi una delle sue inconfondibili perle, pietre miliari del cinema nipponico. Ancora una volta il "Maestro" spiega magistralmente perché merita un tale epiteto.

2. Giacomo Pozzi's rating of the film Flavor of Green Tea Over Rice

3. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Flavor of Green Tea Over Rice

4. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Flavor of Green Tea Over Rice

I like the concept of revolution in a Japanese family. They're still smiling while they're bleeding. Highly recommended.

5. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Flavor of Green Tea Over Rice

6. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Flavor of Green Tea Over Rice

7. José Neves's rating of the film Flavor of Green Tea Over Rice

Ozu narrative system is already well established and let's say that it's one of the most astounding ever achieved: each narrative sequence almost coincide with the duration of a single shot, in a structure that could be called "natural", fluent as oxygenation. It turns out that in this film the moralizing penchant overlaps such flow and leads to an annoyance that confronts the ideological structure of who sees it.

8. patchwork's rating of the film Flavor of Green Tea Over Rice

9. Ramona Arsene's rating of the film Flavor of Green Tea Over Rice

10. HSBilly's rating of the film Flavor of Green Tea Over Rice

Tea on rice!. i should try it.

11. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Flavor of Green Tea Over Rice

12. Anna K's rating of the film Flavor of Green Tea Over Rice

Joli film, un peut bluette sentimentale mais son côté totalement suranné le rend charmant.

13. s8lal's rating of the film Flavor of Green Tea Over Rice

14. cyrikelly's rating of the film Flavor of Green Tea Over Rice

Du OZU pur sucre. Le japon en plein changement sociétal et culturel. Superbe film.

15. azoulay's rating of the film Flavor of Green Tea Over Rice

Un peu décevant, la fable manque d'audace et son déroulement linéaire lasse un peu . Mais il reste néanmoins quelques scènes géniales comme celle de la réconciliation autour du riz ou le départ en avion... Le moins bon des Ozou

16. Eleni Ashton's rating of the film Flavor of Green Tea Over Rice

This film sounds delicious - great title.

17. © <',))( Astro-Tofupraxographer's rating of the film Flavor of Green Tea Over Rice

I burned my tongue yesterday and grew new taste buds today. This is probably the oddest film I've seen from Ozu-san, so much dynamic movement! Travelling shots in cars, in trains, of planes taking off, dolly shots in the house, it's almost overwhelming. Yet still a great portrayal of a middle of the road relationship reflecting on a new one about to form.

18. Aflwydd's rating of the film Flavor of Green Tea Over Rice

If we all understood ourselves as well as Ozu seems to understand us, the world would be a lot better off.

19. Adam Suraf's rating of the film Flavor of Green Tea Over Rice

Considering he was a lifelong bachelor, Ozu isn't the best director of marital trouble films (look to Naruse for that), but this lesser film, made between the masterpieces "Early Summer" and "Tokyo Story", about an arranged marriage on rocky grounds, is interesting nonetheless.

20. Blue K, Custodian of the Cinema's rating of the film Flavor of Green Tea Over Rice

I love this film by Lubitsch, I mean Ozu.