1. Log Lady's rating of the film Flesh for Frankenstein

What a drag. I did enjoy this a teensy bit more than the Dracula one, but that just might be because I preferred Kier's take of Victor Frankenstein. Both films feel like Morrissey fell asleep behind the camera.

2. Paul Mallinson's rating of the film Flesh for Frankenstein

Just the best Frankenstein film ever, if you're kind of funny in the head like I am.

3. Ethan's rating of the film Flesh for Frankenstein

It's not a great film but it does have its moments and it is a very interesting spin on the Frankenstein tale.

4. the_mentaculus's rating of the film Flesh for Frankenstein

I can't tell if this is painfully bad or inspired. Add one brain of a homosexual monk to an already f-ed up Frankenstein premise, where Udo basically rapes a dead body with his hand, and you have a film that will always appeal to a particular clientele, however mixed its execution might be.

5. lndah's rating of the film Flesh for Frankenstein

The most handsome Frankenstein in history is here.

6. Pymo's rating of the film Flesh for Frankenstein

7. SALESK's rating of the film Flesh for Frankenstein

don't watch the version on instant netflix--it's edited all to hell!

8. CineSnag's rating of the film Flesh for Frankenstein

I prefer Morrissey's other work (Heat/Trash/Flesh), but these two films (+ Dracula) are exquisite masterpieces. He and Warhol were at the top of their potential when they made these two, or at least it seems that way to me. Gore doesn't bother anyone really, does it? It's only a movie...

9. Holger Haase's rating of the film Flesh for Frankenstein

Universal and Hammer Horror homage with a 70s Italian twist. Though there are some arresting visuals and ideas, overall the film is too slow moving for its own good and not helped by the fact that the artists involved don't appear to have really known whether they want to make this a spoof or a straight forward horror.

10. thay's rating of the film Flesh for Frankenstein

Even though Warhol's name is on it, I really enjoyed it (this movie and "The Velvet Underground & Nico" might be the only two things in the world that fit in this category. but I haven't seen Chelsea Girls yet).

11. TheCinemaAdventurist's rating of the film Flesh for Frankenstein

this movie is off the wall... I don't know if I can give a rating.

12. Daniela's rating of the film Flesh for Frankenstein

Stupid, which I get was the point . . . but I didn't like it.

13. Shelley's rating of the film Flesh for Frankenstein

the quote below me is probably one of my favorite parts of this film. another extremely sexual/graphic adaptation of a classic horror tale. I can't tell if I like this or "blood for dracula" better. both are really fantastic. this sort of reminded me of Dahmer a bit (Udo Kier).

14. Cacophonism's rating of the film Flesh for Frankenstein

"To know death, Otto, you have to fuck life in ze gallbladder!"

15. HobartLazaro's rating of the film Flesh for Frankenstein

joe dallesandro is good looking but when he opens his mouth geez

16. Law's rating of the film Flesh for Frankenstein

A campy and gorey movie that is good as it tries to be. Filled with a mix of over-the-top humour, deadpan delivery and under the direction of Morrissey, the film is often hilarious, hilarious and beautiful. It really is just what it is, so enjoy it for that.

17. Ryan Clark's rating of the film Flesh for Frankenstein

Oh, how I love this trashy, sick film. It's exquisitely beautiful and well-made on an artistic level while reveling in sleaze and intentional hilarity. Anyone who criticizes this film for being a "bad movie", as I did the first time I saw it, is missing the point. It's an easy mistake to make. I like it a lot better than Blood for Dracula, which feels rather cheap and rushed in comparison, but both are essential.

18. Jonuk Who's rating of the film Flesh for Frankenstein

Awful film, one of the worst titles in the criterion collection. Blood for dracula much more fun and much better.

19. Jo8hua's rating of the film Flesh for Frankenstein

Paul Morrissey turns cheesy horror on its ear. This film feels like some sort of Cronenberg precursor.

20. Jordan H's rating of the film Flesh for Frankenstein

Outrageous. Gory, hilarious, and outrageous.

21. Christopher R. Smith's rating of the film Flesh for Frankenstein

This one has all the elements of a camp classic: Udo Kier's scenery-chewing performance as Dr. Frankenstein, terrible dialogue, voyeuristic children, abundant kinky sex, and plenty of gory beheadings, dismemberings, and disembowelings. Unfortunately, it's also very slow-paced and talky - never developing the manic atmosphere it needs to be a cult masterpiece.

22. Phil Worfel's rating of the film Flesh for Frankenstein

Bad movie but contains an immortal send-up of Brando's silly lines in "Last Tango..". "To understand life you must fuck life in the kidney" Ridiculous and hilarious. I do wish I could still see it in 3D.

23. Matthew's rating of the film Flesh for Frankenstein

"One Man, two girls? He must be very powerful!"