1. Nathan Hopkins's rating of the film Flirting with Disaster

Actually, quite a fun and funny film! Caught me a bit off guard. While some parts are seem contrived or predictable (though perhaps only in light of tropes films like this have set), it generally succeed in being an absurd and farcical production to great effect. I certainly enjoyed it.

2. Eric Rucker's rating of the film Flirting with Disaster

3. BJ Holmes's rating of the film Flirting with Disaster

Borderline classic? Unsure. It has that hyper focused dark comedy vibe that makes you want to laugh and cringe at the same time. I love how it examines this game of "Depression Olympics" that each of the characters plays into. Yes. Your feelings are justified-- but, not any more than the next person crippled by anxieties. Your relationships with the people around you should not be how you establish your identity.

4. corycorycorycory's rating of the film Flirting with Disaster

50% too-90s-it-hurts, 50% actually-a-good-movie

5. caitlin.f's rating of the film Flirting with Disaster

fun movie. better than i expected.

6. Khoury Johnson's rating of the film Flirting with Disaster

3.7(5): I actually liked the movie but it lacked that profound "something" to make it stand out. I mean, when we finally found out who the parents were, it wasn't portrayed as having been a huge deal to Stiller's character. What's more, besides being "nervous", the movie didn't show us anything that was at stake be discovering his parents. So, good movie, but not tremendously memorable.

7. mpho3's rating of the film Flirting with Disaster

"The neurotic frenzy threatens to annoy, but Russell's edgy, abbreviated style generates farcical comic friction without sacrificing character. When, early on, that icon of wholesomeness Mary Tyler Moore flashes her support bra, it's clear that, henceforth, nothing's sacred." - Timeout London 3.5 stars

8. Samuel Wells's rating of the film Flirting with Disaster

A film with a good cast and a great director. But the film was never really able to hit the mark comedically and ultimately became a drag of a film. All-in-all a drag of a film.

9. Caden M's rating of the film Flirting with Disaster

The MUBI review of this piece uses the phrase "manic screwball" which is the most appropriate way to refer to this. Definitely more comedy than the dramatic pieces he has put forth in recent memory. There are so many great parts but the hysterical/neurosis of every character aside from Patricia Arquette's is where the real comic gold lies.

10. Antonina Clarke's rating of the film Flirting with Disaster

More clever than your average romance involved comedy

11. Myles's rating of the film Flirting with Disaster

Inconsequential and tame antics. A relic of the nineties that should probably be left there.

12. Dory Bakiewicz Ehmer's rating of the film Flirting with Disaster

three and a half. wish D.O. Russell movies were still this funny and unassuming

13. India Dickinson's rating of the film Flirting with Disaster

slapstick rom com with a not too annoying ben stiler. would recommend!

14. Mark Tallo's rating of the film Flirting with Disaster

15. Adam S. Hacker's rating of the film Flirting with Disaster

A movie I had forgotten about, certainly one I can appreciate. The thought of searching out biological parents is not new, but the unravelling of this story is what keeps you engaged. Enjoyed Brolin's character most. The dialogue as evidence, much has changed in twenty years.

16. ShawnD's rating of the film Flirting with Disaster

Hilarious. When it came out, I'd thought there was nothing like it, when in fact it owes a debt to the screwball comedies of the 30s. Still my favorite Ben Stiller movie and my favorite Russell-directed movie.

17. Annabel Lyman's rating of the film Flirting with Disaster

3.5. Consistently funny, with excellent acting throughout. This movie sets out with modest goals and hits each on the mark.

18. Duncan Gray's rating of the film Flirting with Disaster

I found it too silly and manic 10 years ago, but love it now. What changed? First, I started appreciating movies where the jokes are in the details. Second, I saw and loved Old Hollywood screwball comedies like Bringing Up Baby and My Man Godfrey, and surely Russell wants to tap into their vibe. His great subject is the family unit, in all its chaotic glory—these are the people who love you, and you should take it.

19. Allison Rung's rating of the film Flirting with Disaster

Watch it for Patricia Arquette!!!

20. Vicki Hiatt's rating of the film Flirting with Disaster

Josh Brolin and Richard Jenkins perfecto

21. Bernardo Anderson's rating of the film Flirting with Disaster

Quirky comedy with heart and an interesting story. Nature vs nurture where nurture wins in the end.

22. jamesey's rating of the film Flirting with Disaster

It's fun, smart, and cooky. Definitely watch this to feel good and have a laugh.

23. Dan's rating of the film Flirting with Disaster

A comedy with intelligent humor, and ridiculous situations. The character development is great, and some characters are frustrating, but overall pretty good.

24. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film Flirting with Disaster