1. Creighton Blinn's rating of the film Flowers of Taipei: Taiwan New Cinema

Mostly superficial but still has some good observations. Would be interested in seeing a deeper exploration of the similarities/differences between the Taiwanese New Wave & China's Fifth Generation . . .

2. Eric Brightwell's rating of the film Flowers of Taipei: Taiwan New Cinema

Excellent documentary about one of cinema's great movements.

3. Nick Gaetano's rating of the film Flowers of Taipei: Taiwan New Cinema

4.5_I don't know a lot about Taiwanese or Chinese cinema but i know i love some of the films_Millennium Mambo (yes) and others for sure_so there is a lot in this film that i don't know about_i love a lot of it found it really inspiring and a lot of it is visually beautiful

4. Kenneth Gentry's rating of the film Flowers of Taipei: Taiwan New Cinema

5. letters never sent's rating of the film Flowers of Taipei: Taiwan New Cinema

Would have been better if lesser known directors were also discussed not just mentioned in passing. A good addition would be old interview footages of Edward Yang, Hou Hsiao Hsien, et al, if such exists. Taiwan, their art, and their people, truly make me curious. Visiting the country only made me want to get to know it more and I think their cinema has a lot of stories to tell.

6. Karl J. Kipling's rating of the film Flowers of Taipei: Taiwan New Cinema

The usual talking heads-film clips thing, only makes the odd decision to not interview anyone involved in the "Taiwan New Cinema" save some parting words from Tsai Ming-liang and Hou Hsiao-hsien. Instead there's the worldwide fans with generally banal observations. I'd prefer interviews with the players and more emphasis on the movement's history and the less-known directors - Hou and Yang come up an awful lot.

7. TZUHSIEN TANG's rating of the film Flowers of Taipei: Taiwan New Cinema

光陰的故事 – 臺灣新電影

8. Liviu Cozma's rating of the film Flowers of Taipei: Taiwan New Cinema

A doc made out of love for a movement that gave us the likes of Hou Hsiao-hsien and Edward Yang. It's a pleasure to see filmmakers like Zhangke Jia, a passionate Wang Bing, Tsai, Weerasethakul, Koreeda, Kyioshi Kurosawa or Assayas among others voicing their appreciation for the profoundly humane cinema of these giants.