1. Funda Can Çuvalcı's rating of the film Fogo

3.5/5. A very nice cinematography and an impressive film on decay and loneliness.

2. Laura Suffield's rating of the film Fogo

I enjoyed it very much visually but was slightly baffled. I mean, there are more than 2,000 people living on Fogo. Where was everyone else? Also, don't these two have phones or tvs?

3. captainfez's rating of the film Fogo

I'm cold just watching this.

4. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film Fogo

5. Jema Gaskin Charles's rating of the film Fogo

Haunting and solitudinous the evanescence and humaneness speak of a past serendipity. All is captured with a great appreciation of the idiosyncrasy and perpetuity of a natural scene from which one shall pass. Beautiful and intimate.

6. findfilm's rating of the film Fogo

An ode to a forgotten way of life on a bleak, isolated, wind-swept island with the few remaining residents deciding to hold out after the regular ferry service is closed down. The dialogue is minimal small-talk but the emotions are palpable. Stunning cinematography and an equally mesmerising soundtrack are the centrepieces of this superb film.

7. mgaspa's rating of the film Fogo

8. Dor Pe'er's rating of the film Fogo

One of those extremely slow paced films. Luckily it's also short. It's somewhat interesting and nice to look at but overall it is too slow paced for me.

9. Pablo Francischelli's rating of the film Fogo

That's how one can imagine the en of a little town, a community tearing apart from civilization. Men struggles to survive, but it makes no sense at all. He becomes a tiny bit of the landscape, entangled to the sorrounding nature.

10. Eric Rucker's rating of the film Fogo

Elemental, existential, very basic. In the best senses. Could be a documentary or a magic realist allegory of the apocalypse. But it isn't, it's both. A delight for the senses.

11. Alex's rating of the film Fogo

I just think this film was cool. Though I would have never said that ten years ago.

12. cozimo's rating of the film Fogo

This film hits home with a certain feeling of futility, of lost chance, happiness, and hope.

13. David R Williams's rating of the film Fogo

The most gorgeously photographed film I have ever seen. Diego García cinematography is nothing short of stunning, each frame a work of art. Weather worn buildings containing inhabitants with weather worn faces who contemplate the end of a way of life on an island at the end of time. Amazing.

14. Jean Walton's rating of the film Fogo

Things have been coming to an end in Fogo for a very long time, as you can see if you pair this film with a series of others made by the NFB's Colin Low in 1967. It is almost as though we are watching the kids, all grown up now, from "The Children of Fogo Island" https://www.nfb.ca/film/children_of_fogo_island -- they managed to hang on for another 50 years, and are now starring in Endgame--but without the humor.

15. jim in austin's rating of the film Fogo

Not much in the way of plot but starring the bitter weather, the isolation, the decay and an island dialect directly from Elizabethan English/Irish. How on earth did a Mexican film crew ever wind up here? Talk about culture shock...

16. Mtume Gant's rating of the film Fogo

Lovely piece. Reminds me of the 2012 (?) film Leviathan, felt almost like a companion piece. Drives home the point that the best way to show a slow quiet end is do it slow, quiet and no fanfare.

17. Catarina C Gomes's rating of the film Fogo

18. rociof's rating of the film Fogo

Thunder, Pach y los amigos. La fotografía es conmovedora.

19. gaafgaaf's rating of the film Fogo

Fogo comparte mucho con su pariente lejano The Turin Horse. Con la diferencia de que el aislamiento en Fogo es voluntario. Proviene de la relación con la isla en especifico. Tal vez sí hay algo mágico en las islas de Canadá que no permite la huida, como lo menciona Maddin en muchas de sus obras. Pero sobre todo tiene que ver con la cultura y la tradición, el no dejar tu lugar aunque ya no haya nada ahí. Es muy linda.

20. kartina obskura's rating of the film Fogo

the scene where the old man sings was one of those moments/spots when i don't know where cinema ends and life begins. and that color of the sky in the end is the color of my dreams.

21. J. O.'s rating of the film Fogo

Even the synopsis delivers a peek at the demeaning tone I experienced throughout the film. It focuses on a near-apocalyptic vision of the island and its inhabitants in their desperate attempts to cling to their dead community. I appreciated the use of non-actors, and some camera work was spectacular, but otherwise this was empty. Empty of understanding, especially (find notes about the irony of it all below).

22. Nadin's rating of the film Fogo

A fantastic film. Everything comes together; superb cinematography, expressive framing, strong narrative. More on my blog: http://tinyurl.com/poey279

23. Jorge Mourinha's rating of the film Fogo

Mesmerisingly oblique quasi-Herzogian tone poem that stops at just the right moment.

24. Slowart's rating of the film Fogo