1. sabrinahrhp's rating of the film Following

what a brilliant debut [ 9/200 ]

2. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Following

When you see something like this, you tend to get excited at the potential. It's something you have to figure out, because like Memento, the chronology is not straightforward.

3. nejurgi's rating of the film Following

4. corycorycorycory's rating of the film Following

The twisty continuity plus the film noir throwback made this far more enjoyable than I expected. As the first Nolan effort, you can see him sharpening his tools. Chris, make more neo noir. You're good at it.

5. truffraud's rating of the film Following

6. smndvdcl's rating of the film Following

Promising feature-length debut from Christopher Nolan.

7. James Mackin's rating of the film Following

A very good noir on a student film budget. A good promise of what was to come. It's a shame the guy who plays the thief didn't continue acting, he was quite good.

8. cinegeek.de's rating of the film Following

Our Daily Free Stream: Christopher Nolan - Follwing. Our Daily Free Stream: Christopher Nolan - Follwing. Ich habe mir den ersten Film von Christopher Nolan angesehen, die britische No-Budget Produktion Follwing und war verblüfft: In seinem Debüt steckt der Kern aller seiner Filme!(...) Die ganze Rezension und eine Film list mit den kniffeligsten "Indie" Mindgame Movies findest du auf cinegeek.de Viel Vergnügen!

9. ammar's rating of the film Following

10. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Following

I guess that's why you shouldn't follow people. A neo-noir that is very clearly influenced by it's predecessors with all the usual trapping: femme fatale, black and white photography, etc. I found this enjoyable and well made, but not particularly new or too inventive, apart from the interesting use of non-linear narrative. Overall middle of the road. Nolan's best work is still yet to come.

11. Taufiq Hariyadi's rating of the film Following

Will never look at a piece of dunkin' donuts the same way again

12. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Following

Virtues aplenty (chiefly visual), but I already had my doubts this early on.

13. Bob's rating of the film Following

What appeared as a hitchcockian approach in storytelling soon became Christopher Nolan's patent for fractured but organized and symmetrical screenplay with purpose to shake viewer's senses. Low budget combined with criminals in suits and fatal blondes had turned it into one of the purest neo-noirs, and justified member of Criterion Collection. Plus, Alex Haw's Cobb echos the spirits of Ian Curtis and Ledger's Joker.

14. James Roth's rating of the film Following

15. Chris's rating of the film Following

Very low budget/poor acting sometimes detracts but the story is A+

16. Atlas Akın's rating of the film Following

It's quite obvious from those days in 1998 that Christopher Nolan will become a big shot. In a low budget, he has shot a great script with wonderful acting and a style. One of the finest mystery, crime films I've ever watched and in a sense, it is a little bit "film-noir"ish.

17. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film Following

1998, dir. CHRISTOPHER NOLAN - 6,5/10 (England)

18. Obsessive Cinema Disorder (OCD)'s rating of the film Following

The 69 minute's black and white debut by Nolan is an highly intrigued and heavy ingenious movie. It's pace jumps before and after The Young Man assumes the person he wants to be: the inner voyeuristic child. Characters here aren't judged; we can't make a thesis about their motivations but we feel their experiences, the subtle detail that binds all together: the adrenaline. One challenging time trial picture!

19. Bram Vroonland's rating of the film Following

This one takes a while to take off but even before it has you wondering the whole time. I think this is a little under-appreciated, probably because of stylistic and budgetary reasons. It has an old world feel which really spoke to me. Definitely worth a try.

20. Teguh prayoga's rating of the film Following

batman symbol on bill's door!

21. Lance L O T's rating of the film Following

An excellent example of what Nolan would accomplish in later films and how the careful manipulation of the device of story telling and time can be a great work of misdirection, just like a wonderful magician. Look where I am calling your attention, not to where my hands are unweaving the threads of the story I wish to convey to you. Just wonderful!

22. alonsoelias's rating of the film Following

Gran ejemplo de lo que se puede hacer con un buen guión y saber como mover la cámara sin necesidad de un super presupuesto.

23. film_lies101's rating of the film Following

Nolan never got better, only more expensive

24. Ruben Leite's rating of the film Following

Good inicial effort. I actually miss more of this Nolan, and wish he was around instead of the half-arthouse, half-epic blockbuster current Nolan.