1. FISCHER's rating of the film Food

Parfaitement dérangeant ! www.cinefiches.com

2. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Food

4.5 stars. Perhaps overly-schematic and altogether lacking in tenderness, but it should make even the most jaded of viewers smile a crooked smile. As a dialectical commentary upon class struggle it is effective, but no-one watches Švankmajer for the theory, but for the slathering metamorphoses and the biff-boff violence and the SOUNDS! Perfect still chosen for the film.

3. Jack Joseph Kahn's rating of the film Food

This animation is also an all-natural stool softener

4. daniroelleb's rating of the film Food

Actually a really entertaining film, I really enjoyed the stop animation for what it was doing. Also the fact that there was limited dialogue really helped create more tension and wonder in the work i loved the grittiness of film. Jan is great for this kind of works on consumption and how it can shape your everyday person to person interactions

5. Andre Flickatina's rating of the film Food

i'm glad i finished my banana bread before supper

6. yesim.tuba's rating of the film Food

It's freakishingly, disturbingly marvelous!

7. Miguel Condeça's rating of the film Food

8. Disa's rating of the film Food

I watched this around 4-5 years ago, my friend asked me to watch to get the main point of the entire movie. it was so fascinating to me, how a 17 minute short movie can describe people and its connection with food - how we always need it, the more we need.

9. Corrado Agnello's rating of the film Food

10. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Food

11. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Food

12. surgery-ethic's rating of the film Food

13. Bernardo Crastes's rating of the film Food

We're all terribly hungry. I don't think I need to add anything to the interpretation of the short, because it speaks for itself. Švankmajer makes such inventive works of art. The sound is so evocative and disgusting, it adds a lot to this dark portrait of consumerism.

14. Balthaz21's rating of the film Food

15. Arf's rating of the film Food

16. †. Kennedy Pope's rating of the film Food

I'm at a loss for words on this one. I'll like something that can make me laugh one second and cringe the next. It also seems sheds some light on economic disparity in Czechoslovakia during Svankmajer's time period in an original and satirical way.

17. POURAZAR's rating of the film Food

18. Ismail Jon Smith Ersoy's rating of the film Food

19. Victor Moreno's rating of the film Food

20. Özge.'s rating of the film Food

21. msmichel's rating of the film Food

Remember seeing this at a film festival in 92, my first experience with Svankmajer. Remember being equally fascinated and disgusted and the film still has the same power now. A macabre idea of man as an eating machine with little scruples about what he consumes as long as he consumes.Great strange exercise in stop motion animation.

22. Danjo-nine's rating of the film Food

awsome and disgusting. Feel sick after seeing it. but was fascinated the whole time.

23. Vũ Ngọc Phượng's rating of the film Food

It gave me goose bumps! Quite impressive and creative!

24. Wulan Adam's rating of the film Food