1. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film For Ellen

2. Ashley Spendlove's rating of the film For Ellen

Kim has a real aptitude for capturing the subtle nuances of psychology and mood. The film has an easy pace which never drags and makes a virtue of the combination of an economical screenplay with long takes. The performance are very good indeed, Dano and Mandigo especially, and overall this is a cut above your standard indie fare. Kim is clearly in control of her craft and her work possesses admirable sensitivity.

3. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film For Ellen

Paul Dano is as good as ever in this low-key, indie drama but there is nothing much else to recommend it. Script and direction are fine, performances from everyone are good, and we've seen this kind of thing done a thousand times before, and usually a bit better than this.

4. robert jeffery's rating of the film For Ellen

A good film to make you ask yourself what you expect from cinema - but little more.

5. KafkaesqueKyle's rating of the film For Ellen

It won't stand out as one of the greatest films, but I love a film that just works for me. I don't regret seeing this at all, and it's a nice movie to remember from time to time.

6. Garçon Manqué's rating of the film For Ellen

7. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film For Ellen

Its leisurely pace might drive off many viewers, but actually, it manages to show sensitivity without being corny. Review and Rating: http://alwayswatchgoodmovies.blogspot.com/2013/02/for-ellen-2012.html

8. Celso Miguel Araújo's rating of the film For Ellen

those awkward moments. and the baby girl is just to cute.

9. Evan Schafer's rating of the film For Ellen

This is a perfect example of a film that tries to be something when it isn't very much at all. Sadly, this picture was a startling disappointment, although I am fond of Paul Dano. The film felt like an attempt to be a more hip "Kramer vs. Kramer". Even the two hours the main character gets to spend with his daughter felt like an actual two hours. Too much space to do things, not enough chances taken, in my opinion.

10. Ciprian David's rating of the film For Ellen

Except for some more or less accidental moments and for Paul Dano, this film felt very artificial. // trying to remember all january films