1. El Biffo's rating of the film For the Plasma

I forced myself to sit through an hour of this but gave up and didn't watch the last 30 minutes. Contrived script and bad acting. Passes the Bechdel test but that's about it.

2. TeN's rating of the film For the Plasma

A pastel-drenched, New England take on playful, Jacques Rivette-style conspiracism. In their BAM Q&A the directors described the film in terms of post-collegiate aimlessness. But instead of tired tropes of millenial drifting, we get a scifi story about obsessive pattern-recognition, where a dead-end summer job spent staring at a screen turns into disciphering the secrets of the universe. A fascinating & unique debut.

3. Rafael Fonseca's rating of the film For the Plasma

The plot is not my cup of tea (Too unexplained to be normal and not weird enough to be surreal) but it's wrapped up in such a quaint way I can't help but like it. Shot in lovely 16mm, in a lovely little town. The look of the girls! Great experimental soundtrack. And Herbert the lighthouse keeper might just be my favorite character of this festival. Talked with the directors too, they were super nice! || IndieLX15