1. Ramzi's rating of the film For Whom the Bell Tolls

Pretty sure Osama Bin Laden spent less time in a cave than the viewer does while watching this ballast of a film. You wouldn't think something as interesting as the Spanish Civil War could be made so boring but here we are

2. SpacePirate's rating of the film For Whom the Bell Tolls

A solid film, but didnt really feel Bergman was right for the part. The print I saw on TCM recently was atrocious. This technicolor epic needs restored big time!

3. Daniel S.'s rating of the film For Whom the Bell Tolls

Nothing is shown and (almost-) nothing is said. Nevertheless you can find in this movie some of the most sensuous scenes ever written and filmed. Now if you also consider that most of the Spanish characters are played by Russian born actors, I really don't understand why this film is not on your library's shelves. Masterpiece.

4. mjgildea's rating of the film For Whom the Bell Tolls

A decent watch but gets to be a bit much after a while. For Whom the Bell Tolls may have distracted moviegoers in the 40s with the non-set locales and color photography. Some of the cinematography is nice but despite a gorgeous Ingrid Bergman the movie just doesn't hold up so well. Loved the final shot though...

5. buckabucka's rating of the film For Whom the Bell Tolls

My favorite book. Hemingway's economical style works great on paper, but on film not so much. I fell asleep after about an hour, but at the very end I cried like a baby, because Ingrid is the exact Maria I imagined. And Hemingway hand picked her for the role. Anyway, too long.

6. Arctvrvs's rating of the film For Whom the Bell Tolls

I never imagined Robert Jordan being an old ass man...

7. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film For Whom the Bell Tolls

Ingrid Bergman as a Spanish rebel. And it works. Better than anything else in this crazy film.

8. Shima Rst's rating of the film For Whom the Bell Tolls

one of the worst adoption of a great book...poor hemingway...if he knew was going to make such a catasrophe , he would never write that magnificent book..ok,catasrophe may be not,kind of hyperbole..it just cuz of bergmn'n cooper worth to watch it..just 4 1 time!...

9. Harry Rossi's rating of the film For Whom the Bell Tolls

For Whom the Bell Tolls: A movie about horses.

10. Luke Cloran's rating of the film For Whom the Bell Tolls

A Very Poor Adaptation, but hey thats what you get for trying to adapt this beast of a book. Gary Cooper blew as Robert Jordan. We don't even get into the psych of the main character as we do in the novel. Oh well.

11. Jeremy Tamura's rating of the film For Whom the Bell Tolls

The light and Ingrid Bergman were in love in this film