1. Ashley Spendlove's rating of the film For You I Will Fight

Simple, nuanced, interesting. Salomé Richard has a great face for cinema.

2. EdieEmm's rating of the film For You I Will Fight

So apparently Rachel Lang is an army officer herself. Which makes the otherwise kind of baffling/unrelatable militaristic plot twist a little more understandable. Still, she captures something like a universalism in her Ana - maybe a bit more heavy-handedly here than in Turnips - around women under patriarchy in its most basic, quotidian, manifestation. Which makes it quietly important. Even if it's not that great...

3. Graf von Zahl's rating of the film For You I Will Fight

Movie to forget ten minutes after the screening.

4. Imago Vanitas's rating of the film For You I Will Fight

(8.5/10) Boredom and tireness, bends her til exhaustion. A beatiful plain statement, right at front. Formalistic, yet humanistic. Foucault, at the library. War leaves behind, bodies of all kind. Back to the birthroom, uniformed among entropy. Breathing smoke to run, a runaway become pointless.

5. Funda Can Çuvalcı's rating of the film For You I Will Fight

What if the militarist and masculine march at the end of the film were sung by a woman? The director seems to have followed this idea while shooting this film...

6. mpho3's rating of the film For You I Will Fight

There's something quite likeable and intriguing about this. Lang's direction and Richard's performance are both confident and self-assured. 3.5 stars

7. Marco Della Motta's rating of the film For You I Will Fight

An impressive short that captures youth adrift and at a crossroads, a search for identity and belonging, and finding that sense more among the women and resulting sisterhood that emerges in a male-dominated environment than in the military itself and its discipline.

8. captainfez's rating of the film For You I Will Fight

9. David R Williams's rating of the film For You I Will Fight

10. brick_bro's rating of the film For You I Will Fight

A heartwarming glance into a modern life trying to find a sense of order in a limitless universe.

11. Adam S. Hacker's rating of the film For You I Will Fight

Enjoyed the performances by cast, very true–to–life dialogue and emotion. It's what short films are all about.

12. caitlin.f's rating of the film For You I Will Fight

love this. so much told in such a short burst.

13. rob johnstone's rating of the film For You I Will Fight

The scene where the four recruits sing the regimental song, moving from laughter to earnestness to accomplishment is a little gem.

14. Thomas's rating of the film For You I Will Fight

The best of the Ana Trilogy, for me. Sets the tone and explored all the themes developed in the further two films.

15. Vinegar Factory's rating of the film For You I Will Fight

Also another great little film by Rachel Lang. I enjoy her work and look forward to the final of the Ana Trilogy. (hint, hint Mubi)

16. Samuel Wells's rating of the film For You I Will Fight

For you I will fight depicts very plainly military life, focusing it through the eyes of women. This is an under-explored realm but this film does not fully engage with the material and live up to its potential. The character of Ana is mysterious and aloof setting up the Ana trilogy, but there is a lot of missed action and turmoil in this film. It feels like an introduction to a film, not a complete film.

17. Loz Loory's rating of the film For You I Will Fight

There's a brilliant through-line in this film critiquing the inherent sexism and chauvinism of society. From the cheating boyfriend to the misogynist military commanders, this is a compact indictment of a system where women can't catch a break or even basic respect. To be told that children cost nothing until they turn 18? To want to be more than a vessel for the male gaze and impregnation....the struggle continues.

18. Bekir Tonga's rating of the film For You I Will Fight

19. photo_aurora's rating of the film For You I Will Fight

I had never heard of Rachel Lang, and found all three movies in the trilogy amazing. The lead character/actor is mesmerizing. There are so many underlying themes, and the films are never obvious. I particularly enjoyed how the movies show the realities of being a non gender conforming woman, never once preaching. These films are masterful storytelling at its best.

20. Cependant's rating of the film For You I Will Fight

21. Myles's rating of the film For You I Will Fight

22. Kevin's rating of the film For You I Will Fight

My least favorite so far, pacifists have a hard time with military subjects, although to be fair I recently read and appreciated The Thin Red Line from James Jones. I am sure war is nothing like the book today. I also thought about the documentary on women's treatment in the military and saw this as something of a precursor, maybe the downside of seeing so many films and reading so many books.

23. Wee Hunk's rating of the film For You I Will Fight

I'm not sure we needed to see so much of her to get a sense of her character. Probably didn't need to see her going to the toilet twice. Didn't actually need to see that even once. Haven't seen my wife on the toilet. It's just kind of a thing that doesn't need to be shared. My guess is that it might have been better to take the best from these 3 films and make 1. I won't know because I won't be watching the others.

24. Byram's rating of the film For You I Will Fight

A woman finds a new lease on life and instead of confronting the weight of her station in life, gives it over to be part of a collective, for her decisions to be made for her, to balance the weighty with the trivial, to "spin her wheels" trying to attain that intangible sense of purpose and belonging. It's neither melancholy nor inspiring: it just...is...