1. Soleyn75's rating of the film Forbidden Games

Très beau film, la fin est bouleversante.. empreinte d'une émotion intense.. ces deux enfants sont criants de vérité . Bravo pour ce grand film Français R Bouëtel !!!

2. lauli's rating of the film Forbidden Games

Still crying over this one. It's heartbreaking. How is a child to survive the loss of absolutely everything? Clement explores with great sensitivity the consequences of war and bereavement through the eyes of children, and their particular way of attempting to cope. Some of the best acting by children I've ever seen. A masterpiece.

3. Eric Rucker's rating of the film Forbidden Games

The basic idea of the children’s graveyard and stealing adult signs is very interesting but none of the film came close to serving it. The morals of the film were embodied by the fact that they broke the puppy’s neck for their shitty movie and had it thrown into a river while it was still barely alive. Ends and means horribly awry. Detestable. Does nobody here remember Ivan’s Childhood?

4. cin·aes·the·tic's rating of the film Forbidden Games

The last sentence of my review of "Mandy" applies here as well, but in a very different way. This film is a stark contrast to Boorman's "Hope and Glory". How do children play when death surrounds them, and the adults can't stop it--or are the ones causing it? What happens to them when society breaks? Georges Poujouly and Brigitte Fossey shine as they show us. War is not healthy for children and other living things.

5. Kevin's rating of the film Forbidden Games

Anyone who would not give this film five stars needs to watch it once more, pretend they are seeing Syria today, and recognize no difference between them. Then they would give the film five starts

6. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film Forbidden Games

7. angeldromero's rating of the film Forbidden Games

A very touching film reflecting on childhood while WWll is happening. Innocence and reality, two very contrasting points of view that seem to be at the very heart of this film.

8. muse_x's rating of the film Forbidden Games

'tis no wonder it's a classic. glad I've finally experienced it.

9. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Forbidden Games

3-4. The big issue is lack of conflict, in spite of building tension and tense atmosphere. That being said, it works out to be an extremely intriguing microcosm, wherein children make burials a game, perhaps likening fearful adults to children playing games in a time of war. That in mind, the spiritual kindness between Michel and Paulette that goes beyond religious materiality also makes this special for its time.

10. Marco's rating of the film Forbidden Games

11. Duncan Gray's rating of the film Forbidden Games

A somewhat rocky start—a film about childhood during wartime that is neither horrific nor dream-like enough to match the best films on the subject. It finds its lovely pace when it finds its child's POV, the way that concepts like war, death, and religion seem abstract when you're little. So its triumph becomes that it's not just a war film about children, but for them—you could bring your own, and they'd be stirred.

12. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Forbidden Games

13. Sara-D's rating of the film Forbidden Games

14. Jenny Coldpussy's rating of the film Forbidden Games

I know it's wrong to be more compassionate to animals than to people, and that she's just a little kid stricken by horror who was only trying to make sense of her parent's unfair and sudden death, but it still made me glad to see the manipulative little b**ch getting what she deserved at the end.

15. Jdsarmientoburgos's rating of the film Forbidden Games

A fairly tragic coming of age film starring two French kids growing up in WWII and around death. They open up their own pet cemetery and the rest is history. A standout film about children during war, from the point of view of a child and relationship between children on film.

16. FISCHER's rating of the film Forbidden Games

Inoubliable : marqué par une musique que chacun fredonne encore et interprété par deux enfants criant de vérité. Le plus grand mérite de ce film a été d'avoir su élever l'innocence de l'enfance au-delà des horreurs de la guerre et de la mort... www.cinefiches.com

17. Ethan's rating of the film Forbidden Games

This is one of the most powerful films ever made about the horrors of war and it is amplified when viewed through the innocent eyes of a child. Clement shows here that everything is corrupted by war including innocent children and peaceful animals. A true masterpiece.

18. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Forbidden Games

Gloating over death? I know, I know. Objectively, this is a good film, a brilliant reflection about a broken childhood and there is a relation between the death of all living things. However, I'm not gonna accept this level of animal cruelty. I'm sorry but innocence is not about this kind of violence (especially when you are a child). This is excessively macabre. Even at war, death is not the answer to death.

19. En Sangers Bøn's rating of the film Forbidden Games

Treated the subject in a subtle way, with nice and touching sequences. Childhood's dreams and hopes, war and French countryside. An achieved piece of work but not a total masterpiece.

20. jonijtr's rating of the film Forbidden Games

Clement, why u have to break my fragile heart :'(

21. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Forbidden Games

8.7/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-2t5

22. Amanda A.Costa's rating of the film Forbidden Games

I Promisse. I'll never watch this movie again. I have no structure.

23. SpacePirate's rating of the film Forbidden Games

One of the best films ever from a child's perspective.

24. HSBilly's rating of the film Forbidden Games

the beauty of child's plainness