1. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Forbidden Games

2. Sara Delshad's rating of the film Forbidden Games

3. Jenny Coldpussy's rating of the film Forbidden Games

I know it's wrong to be more compassionate to animals than to people, and that she's just a little kid stricken by horror who was only trying to make sense of her parent's unfair and sudden death, but it still made me glad to see the lying, manipulative psychopathic little b**ch getting what she deserved at the end.

4. FISCHER's rating of the film Forbidden Games

Inoubliable : marqué par une musique que chacun fredonne encore et interprété par deux enfants criant de vérité. Le plus grand mérite de ce film a été d'avoir su élever l'innocence de l'enfance au-delà des horreurs de la guerre et de la mort... www.cinefiches.com

5. Ethan's rating of the film Forbidden Games

This is one of the most powerful films ever made about the horrors of war and it is amplified when viewed through the innocent eyes of a child. Clement shows here that everything is corrupted by war including innocent children and peaceful animals. A true masterpiece.

6. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Forbidden Games

Gloating over death? I know, I know. Objectively, this is a good film, a brilliant reflection about a broken childhood and there is a relation between the death of all living things. However, I'm not gonna accept this level of animal cruelty. I'm sorry but innocence is not about this kind of violence (especially when you are a child). This is excessively macabre. Even at war, death is not the answer to death.

7. En Sangers Bøn's rating of the film Forbidden Games

Treated the subject in a subtle way, with nice and touching sequences. Childhood's dreams and hopes, war and French countryside. An achieved piece of work but not a total masterpiece.

8. jonijtr's rating of the film Forbidden Games

Clement, why u have to break my fragile heart :'(

9. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Forbidden Games

8.7/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-2t5

10. Amanda A.Costa's rating of the film Forbidden Games

I Promisse. I'll never watch this movie again. I have no structure.

11. SpacePirate's rating of the film Forbidden Games

One of the best films ever from a child's perspective.

12. HSBilly's rating of the film Forbidden Games

the beauty of child's plainness

13. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Forbidden Games

14. maureen-richard@laposte.net's rating of the film Forbidden Games

15. Samuel Donath's rating of the film Forbidden Games

Shame it is out of print. This film kills me. The beauty of youth in the French countryside.

16. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Forbidden Games

Dos secuencias: la primera y la última. Ambas desgarradoras por su crudeza. El resto de la trama, desde la vista adulta, un juego macabro. Desde la perspectiva de sus pequeños protagonistas, una cortesía a la muerte. La inocencia comienza a fraternizar con una etapa que es dura y es preciso mejor asimilarla. No se trata de cinismo, es pura humanidad.

17. Nick Cameron's rating of the film Forbidden Games

An utterly beautiful love story (even if between two children). Clément's construction of an innocent and pure infantile universe transcends clichéd anti-war sentiment, focusing not on underlying barbary but rather on the kindness within. The purity of this work has established it as one of the all-time greats.

18. nein's rating of the film Forbidden Games

Games in the time of war. Children try to handle this awful time in their very own way. Kinda creepy, kinda charming, but all in all, inevitably heartbreaking. It is a piece of a sad cinema. And there is so many strands in it...

19. Melissa's rating of the film Forbidden Games

20. Missiz Beasley's rating of the film Forbidden Games

I have never forgotten this film. It is haunting and original. I am so happy to find it here and will wait. Just recalling the last scene sends chills through me. I watch many films and this one is always on my mind (seen a decade ago now). Time to see it again!

21. lillyalison's rating of the film Forbidden Games

It is for me the most devastating anti-war classic, and remains as my favorite movie by far. In dramatic terms, it is a fairly simple story with minimalist and direct shots, yet with a very special glow. The acting of the main characters is deeply touchinga nd truly unforgettable. The love between the two children is almost too pure and simple to be believed - unless u can remember being a child...

22. Mouad Lemoudden's rating of the film Forbidden Games

Child psychology is fascinating in the way it employs fantasy and games to deny hard hitting reality and spawn happiness out of the blue; It's a futile and inconsequential past time to adults, but it's a reason for being to children. The film gets that, and closes on a sad note, perhaps advancing the notion that life is ultimately defined by loss and hardship

23. Kamran's rating of the film Forbidden Games

A portrait of innocence facing the atrocities of war and an all too desensitized image of death 10/10

24. Howard Orr's rating of the film Forbidden Games

On the surface an anti-war film, but it transcends the narrow anti-war tract; it is hardly about war at all, and this is what makes it durable. Instead the children act out rituals proscribed by society, and these rituals centre not on war per se, but on death and the attendant pain of letting go.