1. Naoya Kugimiya's rating of the film Forbidden Planet

2. Danny Mansfield's rating of the film Forbidden Planet

Surprisingly ambitious for its time using Shakespeare as a base, and special effects I'm sure kept people in pure awe at the time, with plenty of camp thrown in. Lots of exposition with the science for a rather disappointing conclusion to the conflict, which ends up being resolved in mere seconds after a revelation. The characters are what make this film, not the sci-fi.

3. LibertyCapz's rating of the film Forbidden Planet

Pretty cheesy and fun sci-fi flick that touches on a few neat ideas . Really love the iconic look of Robbie the Robot. The practical effects in this are great as well. Especially how they introduced Robbie, when he was blasting through the sand to come greet them at the beginning of the film. The special effects however are a different matter. Putting it kindly, they haven't exactly aged with grace.

4. Pango's rating of the film Forbidden Planet

5. bryanvmh's rating of the film Forbidden Planet

6. James Mackin's rating of the film Forbidden Planet

The aesthetic is great, and while I'm not crazy that Prospero's 'magic' is responsible for the conflict here, I still enjoyed this quite a lot. Robby the Robot is a big, bright, shining star.

7. El Biffo's rating of the film Forbidden Planet

I have a tin version of this famous TV/film robot on my toy shelf! Maybe the best film version of The Tempest.

8. gld48's rating of the film Forbidden Planet

horribly sexist and not a person in sight who isn't white. even the robot is a privledged hunk of crap. everyone speaks in that hysterical 50s speak. who ever called their ship, the Belerephon. this film is laughable. but important in history i guess. whatever.

9. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Forbidden Planet

7.2/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-2Pf

10. MarcusArcus's rating of the film Forbidden Planet

11. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Forbidden Planet

One of these movies which terrorized me when I saw them on TV when I was a kid. It's a pre - Star Wars film that will maybe stay longer in the cinema annals than the 1977 hit. At least, I hope so.

12. Ethan's rating of the film Forbidden Planet

This is one of the best science fiction films from the 50s and features a badass Leslie Nielson with a lovable robot.

13. Lance L O T's rating of the film Forbidden Planet

All I had about the film starting up was this robot, Robby, appropriately named which I had always seen as something sinister that could at any time do...but that's not important, what is, is this film being very thrilling and giving full body to scientific genre and specially the motif that humans are not ready and are doomed to their own demise at their own hands. Very good!! A detail, a ship is a ship everywhere..

14. Scorpio Velvet's rating of the film Forbidden Planet

Sci-fi Shakespeare might have been an interesting concept, but I enjoyed Robby & Leslie more. Some pretty cool classic special effects in thrown in, too (including firing the beast scene), I can say for which had set a groundbreaking standard at the time and has still influenced many sci-fi filmmakers today. 3/5

15. Bilouaustria's rating of the film Forbidden Planet

"Star Wars" (Robby the robot) or "Starship Troopers" (neocolonialism) own a lot to their old brother. The sound effects are off the charts. Some visual special effects not bad at all. That being said, take a look a Altaira (Ann Francis and her nightgown) and her role here - we are in 1956 ! A visionary world even more conservative than the 1950´s ? Are you kidding me ?

16. Matija's rating of the film Forbidden Planet

stunning visuals, Robby the robot, loads of techno-haberdashery and moralizing about the future can make up for the slow pace of the film. First fully electronic musical score. Unfortunately, it is cut so roughly, that it is easily recognized as a B film, and for me, much less entertaining than its contemporaries.

17. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Forbidden Planet

Images of the underground complex here-- miles and miles of catwalks and obscure machinery-- exquisite, and predicts similar vistas in A New Hope.

18. Blumes's rating of the film Forbidden Planet

Seminal, but offensive in its handling of the sole female character. And they were hot on the heels of 3d printing.

19. grotesc's rating of the film Forbidden Planet

20. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film Forbidden Planet

21. SpacePirate's rating of the film Forbidden Planet

The movie that upgraded sci-fi from B to A film status. Who wouldn't want a robot to make an endless supply of booze? Essential.

22. nouvelle vague 1960's rating of the film Forbidden Planet

The "Forbidden Planet", over the last 60 years,has not dated well.Nowadays,we expect Hi-Tec special effects and faster pace action.However,theres still much to admire in this cult classic.The colour,music and decor gives it a kitsch value.The acting,especially of Walter Pidgeon,is good and of course we have Robbie The Robot.A fun mix, that blends Skakespeares "The Tempest" and Freuds"The Id"into popular entertainment

23. Sophia Park's rating of the film Forbidden Planet

beautifully shot in a way; definitively influential; and yet i couldn't get the stink of how all these guys were deceiving a woman whose maturity was so childlike she could not conceivably consent. it was seriously distracting?

24. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film Forbidden Planet

Fazlasıyla başarılı bir yapım. Retro Sci-Fi tarzı filmlerden hoşlananlar için bir numaralı tercih. Yılına göre alkışlanacak derecede başarılı görsel efektlere ve dekorlara sahip. Ayrıca filmdeki robot yıllar boyunca bilim kurgu sinemasının simgelerinden biri olmuştur..