1. bryanvmh's rating of the film Forbidden Planet

2. James Mackin's rating of the film Forbidden Planet

The aesthetic is great, and while I'm not crazy that Prospero's 'magic' is responsible for the conflict here, I still enjoyed this quite a lot. Robby the Robot is a big, bright, shining star.

3. El Biffo's rating of the film Forbidden Planet

I have a tin version of this famous TV/film robot on my toy shelf! Maybe the best film version of The Tempest.

4. gld48's rating of the film Forbidden Planet

horribly sexist and not a person in sight who isn't white. even the robot is a privledged hunk of crap. everyone speaks in that hysterical 50s speak. who ever called their ship, the Belerephon. this film is laughable. but important in history i guess. whatever.

5. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Forbidden Planet

7.2/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-2Pf

6. MarcusArcus's rating of the film Forbidden Planet

7. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Forbidden Planet

One of these movies which terrorized me when I saw them on TV when I was a kid. It's a pre - Star Wars film that will maybe stay longer in the cinema annals than the 1977 hit. At least, I hope so.

8. Ethan's rating of the film Forbidden Planet

This is one of the best science fiction films from the 50s and features a badass Leslie Nielson with a lovable robot.

9. Lance L O T's rating of the film Forbidden Planet

All I had about the film starting up was this robot, Robby, appropriately named which I had always seen as something sinister that could at any time do...but that's not important, what is, is this film being very thrilling and giving full body to scientific genre and specially the motif that humans are not ready and are doomed to their own demise at their own hands. Very good!! A detail, a ship is a ship everywhere..

10. Scorpio Velvet's rating of the film Forbidden Planet

Sci-fi Shakespeare might have been an interesting concept, but I enjoyed Robby & Leslie more. Some pretty cool classic special effects in thrown in, too (including firing the beast scene), I can say for which had set a groundbreaking standard at the time and has still influenced many sci-fi filmmakers today. (What about mentioning some of Francis' dresses inspiring Agutter's later in LOGAN'S RUN?) 3/5

11. Bilouaustria's rating of the film Forbidden Planet

"Star Wars" (Robby the robot) or "Starship Troopers" (neocolonialism) own a lot to their old brother. The sound effects are off the charts. Some visual special effects not bad at all. That being said, take a look a Altaira (Ann Francis and her nightgown) and her role here - we are in 1956 ! A visionary world even more conservative than the 1950´s ? Are you kidding me ?

12. Matija's rating of the film Forbidden Planet

stunning visuals, Robby the robot, loads of techno-haberdashery and moralizing about the future can make up for the slow pace of the film. First fully electronic musical score. Unfortunately, it is cut so roughly, that it is easily recognized as a B film, and for me, much less entertaining than its contemporaries.

13. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Forbidden Planet

Images of the underground complex here-- miles and miles of catwalks and obscure machinery-- exquisite, and predicts similar vistas in A New Hope.

14. Blumes's rating of the film Forbidden Planet

Seminal, but offensive in its handling of the sole female character. And they were hot on the heels of 3d printing.

15. grotescsetorg's rating of the film Forbidden Planet

16. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film Forbidden Planet

17. SpacePirate's rating of the film Forbidden Planet

The movie that upgraded sci-fi from B to A film status. Who wouldn't want a robot to make an endless supply of booze? Essential.

18. nouvelle vague 1960's rating of the film Forbidden Planet

The "Forbidden Planet", over the last 60 years,has not dated well.Nowadays,we expect Hi-Tec special effects and faster pace action.However,theres still much to admire in this cult classic.The colour,music and decor gives it a kitsch value.The acting,especially of Walter Pidgeon,is good and of course we have Robbie The Robot.A fun mix, that blends Skakespeares "The Tempest" and Freuds"The Id"into popular entertainment

19. Sophia Park's rating of the film Forbidden Planet

beautifully shot in a way; definitively influential; and yet i couldn't get the stink of how all these guys were deceiving a woman whose maturity was so childlike she could not conceivably consent. it was seriously distracting?

20. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film Forbidden Planet

Fazlasıyla başarılı bir yapım. Retro Sci-Fi tarzı filmlerden hoşlananlar için bir numaralı tercih. Yılına göre alkışlanacak derecede başarılı görsel efektlere ve dekorlara sahip. Ayrıca filmdeki robot yıllar boyunca bilim kurgu sinemasının simgelerinden biri olmuştur..

21. Steve G.'s rating of the film Forbidden Planet

Disappointing and only sporadically enjoyable sci-fi plod that's interesting to someone, like me, who likes a bit of the old Star Trek. Its influence on Gene Roddenberry is obvious to see. But it's far too heavy on science that is ultimately of little importance to the story and when the dreaded beast does pop in, he's rather underwhelming. An extra star for Robby's whiskey imbibing and Anne Francis's dresses.

22. ASHES IN THE HOURGLASS's rating of the film Forbidden Planet

The film was undoubtedly at it's best when it gave screen time to it's idiotic characters, especially Robby, and their conversations. In short, I enjoyed it's camp factor. However, as pure sci-fi, it was conceptually unimaginative, spent too much time on exposition and just felt like a poor twilight zone episode. Still, I was charmed by it's effects even though I was always distracted by the design of Robby's legs.

23. bartkl's rating of the film Forbidden Planet

Visit your local library and pick up some physics books from which to quote randomly. Then, ask your handy uncle Tom to help you build a robot. Realise you're living in the 50s and cast an unnecessary, innocent but sexy girl who serves perfectly for innuendo, unbounded by the laws of decency. This is probably how the charming but ridiculous Forbidden Planet came to be. Great laughs though, and charmingly handmade!

24. angelicidea's rating of the film Forbidden Planet

It is a great film without being flawless. Its inspiration lives on in many sci-fi movies.