1. naokoken's rating of the film Fort Buchanan

"But a few carols vibrating through the air I leave for comrades and lovers." Some beautiful nature shots like the icicles above the flowing river, but this was too non-directed to engage me.

2. muse_x's rating of the film Fort Buchanan

3. caitlin.f's rating of the film Fort Buchanan

4. David R Williams's rating of the film Fort Buchanan

Had this been 90 or 120 minutes long I don't believe I could have stuck with it. A bit of a slog even at 65 and some change and yet...so many beautiful shots and scenes. A unique take on gender, race, sexuality and relationships. A future world where LGBT is fully integrated into society. In the end, well worth the effort.

5. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Fort Buchanan

A sketch of future possibilities.

6. Myles's rating of the film Fort Buchanan

Good premise, but this was pretty much trash.

7. Allison Rung's rating of the film Fort Buchanan

I liked the weirdness here but this lacked spark for me. The best, most daring bit is one soldier's PTSD-esque flashback that compares army experience favorably with everyday life. I think this would have been best if it held that silly-absurdist tone throughout.

8. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Fort Buchanan

The sexual politics was a bit silly. The sudden mood changes were interesting. I didn't think it was too melodramatic. It drew me in nicely.

9. Chunkino's rating of the film Fort Buchanan

10. Loz Loory's rating of the film Fort Buchanan

I'm glad to have had the chance to see this film. In some ways, it reminded me of an excellent recent collection of short stories by Siobhan Fallon called, "You Know When the Men Are Gone," although those characters are on a base in America.

11. Joe Pryweller's rating of the film Fort Buchanan

More a feeling than a full-bore film, Fort Buchanan lulled me with its driftless, unmoored ambience and the undercurrent of deep sensuality, both straight and gay. The feeling of existing in this waiting room of the pensive spirit must come to an end later in teh film, as it becomes a bit more grounded and less ethereal. A great festival film.

12. star's rating of the film Fort Buchanan

Kind of but not really like the French version of Tangerine, only better. Odd and refreshing.

13. saitosouta's rating of the film Fort Buchanan

Partly the game about sexual frustration in isolated cottage, partly marriage-for-18-years gay couple in rough patch, partly father's struggle with his daughter like Lea Seydoux. But.......BUT I'VE NEVER SEEN A MOVIE LIKE THIS. Variously controlled editing which surprises me suddenly & delightly, weirdly strange storytelling that meanders and disgresses. This is brand-new melodrama, brand-new MOVIE. WTF is this?????

14. El Biffo's rating of the film Fort Buchanan

Sexy. And it has lots of cute animals, including a hedgehog! With Mati Diop (A Thousand Suns, 35 Shots of Rum).

15. dr0nestar's rating of the film Fort Buchanan

erasure of violence through foolish play, fun stuff

16. Feng Ling's rating of the film Fort Buchanan

I see this film as a dual story of abandonment. On one hand it's about what happens as the soldiers (Frank, Trevor) abandons their loves (Roger, Trevor's wife and kids), on the other hand it's how the society/gov't abandons the soldiers. the underlying tone is, however, not that depressing. It suggests us some way to make the best out a situation (the infidelities, Roger's direct inquiry, the tattoo, and the date)

17. kampton's rating of the film Fort Buchanan

A bit muddled, I thought. But enjoyable nonetheless.

18. Raymond Moreno's rating of the film Fort Buchanan

A clever and poignant short film. It packs a lot into 60 minutes!

19. SuzyViolence's rating of the film Fort Buchanan

Nice to see something new. I like how the dialogue is inorganic.

20. José Neves's rating of the film Fort Buchanan

"Indie" cinema # 3: tales of the unexpected. From a trivial base and model situations, Crotty combines a farce written in minimal and abstract-concrete tone, making stumble expectations of the viewer on a continuous calm derision and nothing demonstrative. The frames are another focus of accentuation of the joy of playing - of a playful representation - that is practiced here, performing a slick involvement.