1. Johnny Seeker's rating of the film Four Adventures of Reinette and Mirabelle

Rohmer captures the cityscapes of Paris perfectly. Though not a speaker of French, I can't help but think how the philosophical conversations both seem awkward and implausible.

2. Bill's rating of the film Four Adventures of Reinette and Mirabelle

Not as deep as some people make it out to be--the junior philosophizing is just that--but enjoyable if you have time to kill.

3. reijagrrl's rating of the film Four Adventures of Reinette and Mirabelle

like ghost world. except NO "girl talk" (aka when girls talk about boys). quite progressive and summer lovely.

4. Jean A. Vachon's rating of the film Four Adventures of Reinette and Mirabelle

Banal, invraisemblable , amateur et perte de temps!!

5. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film Four Adventures of Reinette and Mirabelle

6. Noha's rating of the film Four Adventures of Reinette and Mirabelle

hah this still is from my favorite scene

7. hazal ilbay's rating of the film Four Adventures of Reinette and Mirabelle

8. dAlton Anthony's rating of the film Four Adventures of Reinette and Mirabelle

An intimate portrait of two young women's friendship is hijacked, transformed into a staging ground for Rohmer's didactic ruminations on political and moral philosophy. Reinette:"When you look at my paintings you mustn't talk. For it to get through you need silence." Mirabelle: "You go on explaining after people have got the message. People who don't know you might think you get them for idiots." Well said Rohmer.

9. Jason's rating of the film Four Adventures of Reinette and Mirabelle

Rohmer is a kind of ethnographer on the one hand and a philosopher like Pascal on the other. He might be the only filmmaker who provides in his work everything you need from adult relationships whilst exculpating you of the need to participate in them in the real world (where what you actually need is a small part of what you actually get). Don't let the 80s tropes fool you: R&M is an A1 back-to-basics exercise.

10. msmichel's rating of the film Four Adventures of Reinette and Mirabelle

A rare dud from director Rohmer who has several films in my personal favs. Four episodes of two insufferable young women who first meet in the countryside before sharing a flat in Paris. The traits of the two are evident in their self-righteousness, playfulness and purposeful indignations but it hardly makes for enjoyable viewing. I suppose my main issue would be the two just don't seem the type to be friends.

11. EdieEmm's rating of the film Four Adventures of Reinette and Mirabelle

Unassuming, imperfect, engaging and adorable, with more than enough charm to lubricate the silly bits. Like an occasionally hilarious relaxed hangout with interesting friends. This was my introduction to Rohmer, and if this is one of his "insignificant" films, I look forward to seeing the notable ones. 3.5, with an extra half star for Ronan Girre's catchy electropop track.

12. Gaurav Singhmar's rating of the film Four Adventures of Reinette and Mirabelle

That's the 1980s for you, no one got out clean. Here the road curves for Rohmer, from high church modernism to lifey vignettes.

13. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Four Adventures of Reinette and Mirabelle

14. baba lola's rating of the film Four Adventures of Reinette and Mirabelle

Yes. The palette of his films! The dialogue was thought provoking, especially on the topic of morality which is very typical of Rohmer. (It angered me slightly which is a positive sign, I think). The comparison between city and country, silent and loud was wonderfully done.

15. umman's rating of the film Four Adventures of Reinette and Mirabelle

16. Max Seqgar's rating of the film Four Adventures of Reinette and Mirabelle

Nice conceptual cycle to the story. Simple yet complex, loud yet silent.

17. ________b's rating of the film Four Adventures of Reinette and Mirabelle

18. tintinmugshot's rating of the film Four Adventures of Reinette and Mirabelle

19. f. atom's rating of the film Four Adventures of Reinette and Mirabelle

Light, low key, sort of boring and goofy ... but it has that inscrutable Rohmer something ...

20. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Four Adventures of Reinette and Mirabelle

Oh, it's good, but it's no 'Claire's Knee'.

21. Viggo Wichmann's rating of the film Four Adventures of Reinette and Mirabelle

22. Hubert Paré-Morency's rating of the film Four Adventures of Reinette and Mirabelle

Very boring and not even interesting in any sense.

23. Zackery's rating of the film Four Adventures of Reinette and Mirabelle

worth the watch for the last three segments. In the first, Reinette was almost too mawkish and overbearing, but I enjoyed their waking up for the blue hour and the landei neighbors. The segment on selling the painting was my favorite.

24. Paul Prt's rating of the film Four Adventures of Reinette and Mirabelle