1. Ludovic72's rating of the film Foyer

Une expérience audiovisuelle particulière : en apparence, il ne s'agit que de variations de couleurs et de luminosité à travers une feuille blanche, mais les dialogues invitent à imaginer les scènes et à réfléchir sur l'artiste, la société tunisienne, la politique, la censure... Ce film aurait sûrement plus d'impact dans le cadre d'une exposition, mais la démarche vaut le coup d'œil ! (3,5 / 5)

2. Viola42012's rating of the film Foyer

Idea di base apprezzabile, ma che si rivela alle lunghe uno sperimentalismo povero, poco stimolante e pedissequo.

3. panagiotatos's rating of the film Foyer

4. Funda Can Çuvalcı's rating of the film Foyer

It was puzzling and worrying to see that a man with a camera shooting a white sheet of paper can be threatening for the country's police.

5. RockFuzzEleven's rating of the film Foyer

6. aliki.karanikolas@yahoo.com's rating of the film Foyer

interesting and imaginative twist of space between its architectural form and social aspect with the medium of film!

7. msmichel's rating of the film Foyer

Not since Jarman's 'Blue' has the lack of image been so interesting. Quite the achievement.

8. caitlin.f's rating of the film Foyer

interesting concept & even more interesting dialogue/reactions from passers-by. i really enjoyed this.

9. JoeTD's rating of the film Foyer

An interesting Avant-Garde film. Was probably a little too long, the same film and same message could have been done in 10 minutes let alone 30. Usually I would not take screen time into effect, but when a film is essentially a power point presentation with audio it is something to note. I did enjoy it though, despite the length.

10. muse_x's rating of the film Foyer

11. El Biffo's rating of the film Foyer

This is really good. My only problem with it is that because the image is mostly almost all white, it shows off every imperfection on my screen when I project it. And I use my living room wall for a screen, so it has some imperfections, though I don't usually see them. This isn't the fault of the film but I wouldn't notice it with most films. Now I need to repair my wall's blemishes and paint it with projector paint.

12. Sangkug Yi's rating of the film Foyer

This is a fascinating, fascinating film. It reminds me of some Iranian films. They have the reality and the representation perfectly mixed together. The result, in this film's case, is a very funny and political vignette even with only abstract imagery.

13. Syed Naqi Abid Zaidi's rating of the film Foyer

"Its the wind that decides what will and won't be seen." Absolutely loved this line. Combined with some interesting conversations in front myriad shades of white. Superb!

14. Bekriah M's rating of the film Foyer

15. Slappy McGee's rating of the film Foyer

(.5 star) A guy places a piece of white paper over the camera lens. Then films it for 30 minutes. We don't see any of this, of course. We just see the white rectangle for 30 minutes. We also hear people talk to the filmmaker about what he's doing. He claims he's not doing anything except just filming light through a white piece of paper. If others appreciate this, good for them. To me there is no art or skill here.

16. chris budden's rating of the film Foyer

This French Film directed by Isamail Bahri is a very interesting artistic experiment. Bahri does a great job not using any music, and using strictly background noise to give you an idea of the setting. Throuoght the film there is subtitles of what seems to be the French pedestrians talking and asking about what exactly he is doing. Overall very interesting film about different types of people.

17. David R Williams's rating of the film Foyer

How can something so simple be so complex? An exploration of the meanings of and "ways of seeing" art and cinema without the distraction of either.

18. Kamran's rating of the film Foyer

A genuine cinematic experiment highlighting the camera's potential to capture liminal shifts in movement + light perception. 79/100 - Very Good (3.5)

19. Shawn Spitler's rating of the film Foyer

I love listening to the conversations that revolve around the abstract of what we're seeing. However, many of the people say the same things and the repetition feels unnecessary. I would have enjoyed this twice as much if it was half as long.

20. Samuel Wells's rating of the film Foyer

The conceit to this film is too cute for my tastes. Literally looking at a blank piece of paper for half an hour is not beyond reason, but ultimately became tedious. The real charm to the film comes from how the director interacted with a number of the people. Getting them to expand on what his project meant or who he was in relation to his country. And especially turning the paper into a symbol of censorship.

21. between7skies's rating of the film Foyer

Brilliant reflection on cinema, evoking images through their absence.

22. Anugat's rating of the film Foyer

"True art is one which raises questions." And how amazingly simplistic way this artistic project did! It sums up the meaning of life, art, society and death in perhaps the most (amusingly) schematic structure ever. The questioning authorities, the compelled locals, the debating ethnocentric persons and so on. All behind the intellectual thought of how an image develops through the movements of wind.

23. ujjwal's rating of the film Foyer

the piece of paper in front of the lens creates such an interesting image... with the colours and all... of course one wishes to see it in higher res... and that juXtaposed with the conversations and reactions adds so much more... one is able to almost like see... the thing about letting you imagine what is happening makes it of course much larger... lovely work...

24. Ryan Swen's rating of the film Foyer