1. Renton47's rating of the film Frailty

There is a way this ending could have been executed without relinquishing its grasp on both the mundane and the horrific, and I would have loved that success. But it doesn't detract from the disturbing set-up that's equal parts Southern Gothic and X-Files episode, a tautly conceived fable that has the structure of stories I loved as a kid with implications far more distressing.

2. Tom Rubendall's rating of the film Frailty

3. FISCHER's rating of the film Frailty

Entre thriller et fantastique, pour amateur de justice "divine"... www.cinefiches.com

4. Tyler Wright's rating of the film Frailty

Frailty is a surprising horror masterpiece, and it's a shame Paxton never got around to directing another film like this again before his untimely death.

5. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Frailty

2-3. Manages decent production quality (Bill Paxton does a fine job directing) and nuanced characterization. However, one of the film's several eleventh hour twists essentially destroys what the film's characters had appeared to be up to that point, leaving it thematically empty. I also wouldn't call it an especially subtle film; just clear and (mostly) competent at a base level. I probably wouldn't watch it again.

6. Steve G.'s rating of the film Frailty

7. Samuel Righi's rating of the film Frailty

8. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film Frailty

9. MrArkan's rating of the film Frailty

10. Stefano De Putti's rating of the film Frailty

11. the_mentaculus's rating of the film Frailty

This film assumes the worst about God's character, and in doing so comments on the upper limits of faith -- eventually asking if the lack de facto makes one a sinner, or worse: inherently evil. And it explores this heady theme with some beautifully horrific sequences, superlative child acting, and a complex performance by Paxton. Not for everyone, but I think it's a gem of a film

12. ofNatalie LA's rating of the film Frailty

This could have been an interesting idea if handled in the complete opposite way. Icky and not clever.

13. ‏ㅤ's rating of the film Frailty

No one seems to realize or care this very same plot was filmed in 1988 as Apprentice To Murder starring Donald Sutherland: https://mubi.com/films/apprentice-to-murder

14. oncel's rating of the film Frailty

best acting from paxton..Very sensible movie

15. Gabrielė Norkūnaitė's rating of the film Frailty

when i thought it couldn't get worse -- it just did. and then again. and again.

16. andretz's rating of the film Frailty

esse filme é pior do que tomar uma machadada na cara

17. Sean's rating of the film Frailty

Bill Paxton needs to direct more, this is a fantastic film that keeps you guessing all the way through. I enjoyed the acting especially Matthew McConaughey who needs to do more roles like this one.

18. Spencer Neale's rating of the film Frailty

don't even know why I give this 2 stars the crap IFC plays these days... storytelling is so bland and every plothole imaginable is sidstepped conveniently. Only watched this cuz I broke my leg and am laying around on painkillers.

19. Obient's rating of the film Frailty

Quite entertaining. Not very good, just good. Hwood hidden suspense-thriller last decade.

20. suddenmoves's rating of the film Frailty

Well acted and fairly gripping, but also very predictable and, at times, moronic visually. Also, demons are real? What?

21. Mikhael Tarigan's rating of the film Frailty

22. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Frailty

This film belongs to this rather new Hollywood genre, the fantastic thriller, that appeared a few decades ago. I must say that it is impressive for a first film. Recommended.

23. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Frailty

24. gloryofistanbul's rating of the film Frailty

This film is so underrated, magnificent with a fine twist