1. Carlos Tejeda's rating of the film Francofonia: Le Louvre Under German Occupation

Artículo (suplemento cultural "It's playtime"): https://lamiradadealbert.wordpress.com/2016/06/03/francofonia-aleksandr-sokurov/

2. sfdgdfggsggsogfgs's rating of the film Francofonia: Le Louvre Under German Occupation

3. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film Francofonia: Le Louvre Under German Occupation

4. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Francofonia: Le Louvre Under German Occupation

6.0/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-2OB

5. Atzin Ortiz González's rating of the film Francofonia: Le Louvre Under German Occupation

Way deep into the film there's a moment when Sokurov asks the audience: "are you tired of hearing me?". I definitely was.

6. Balthaz21's rating of the film Francofonia: Le Louvre Under German Occupation

7. Rogue.'s rating of the film Francofonia: Le Louvre Under German Occupation

8. conchobar's rating of the film Francofonia: Le Louvre Under German Occupation

9. Matthew Martens's rating of the film Francofonia: Le Louvre Under German Occupation

Worked so well for me as an oneiric soporific that it took me a while to register the creeping disappointment of its political and art-historical critique. At one point I found myself murmuring "Mo ... Napoleon ... Mona ... Poleon" several times before I finally cringed and wiped the drool from my chin. I swear.

10. L'immoralistee's rating of the film Francofonia: Le Louvre Under German Occupation

11. Monasteries's rating of the film Francofonia: Le Louvre Under German Occupation

Felt like a dolled-up History/Discovery Channel special.

12. Diogo CF's rating of the film Francofonia: Le Louvre Under German Occupation

Um filme-tese hegeliano que quer dar a conhecer as várias sínteses (em matérias estéticas e políticas) que compõem a História do Louvre, recorrendo a uma fluidez textual - onde quase todos os modos do discurso são experimentados e sucessivamente descartados - que me parece artificial e pouco fiel à intenção poética que Sokurov certamente teria. Fico com vontade de regressar à National Gallery de Frederick Wiseman.

13. Laura Vasile's rating of the film Francofonia: Le Louvre Under German Occupation

14. bernardovazdecastro's rating of the film Francofonia: Le Louvre Under German Occupation

Like the sailor says in the beginning of these film "it's not about the past, is about the present". Sokurov responded creating an intricate connection between times, like a proustian version of louvre. Napoleon, the freedom, Jaujard and Franz Wolff-Metternich are all reunite to celebrate a history, but never forgotten how many battles, how many human lifes lost and the aspects of conquest. It's a fair film.

15. Enrico Gaudenzi's rating of the film Francofonia: Le Louvre Under German Occupation

Quando scegli la poesia rischi... di avere come interprete Napoleone e Marianna. Non il miglior Sokurov. Dal maestro di Arca Russa si può sperare di più. Bella l'idea, speravo in uno "svolgimento" migliore.

16. José Neves's rating of the film Francofonia: Le Louvre Under German Occupation

The ability to work on images and sounds and to reverberate these over and under those is not lost and is, obviously, one of Sokurov's many talents. It turns out that in this beautiful project his system is something crystallized, not exactly as a commonplace but less transformative than is his usual, with a sort of loss in so much dispersion of points of view. However, an exercise of an acutely intelligence.

17. Mariana Mara Nascimento's rating of the film Francofonia: Le Louvre Under German Occupation

3.5 | felt like certain elements did not tie in with the rest of it.

18. Rugpjute's rating of the film Francofonia: Le Louvre Under German Occupation

19. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film Francofonia: Le Louvre Under German Occupation

all museus must be prepared for war.

20. Jugend21's rating of the film Francofonia: Le Louvre Under German Occupation

Excellent excellent excellent

21. Louis Léonard's rating of the film Francofonia: Le Louvre Under German Occupation

22. Jason's rating of the film Francofonia: Le Louvre Under German Occupation

Sokurov here is very much operating as a poet more than a documentarian or an essayist, much to the benefit of any viewer willing to cooperate. How is it like poetry? It is totally compressed and clear in a way that is unclear. It has localized its historical zones of interest and circles them warily, feeling its way around w/ its manifold senses. A film w/ a clear mission that nonetheless has to discover what it is.

23. Artemis's rating of the film Francofonia: Le Louvre Under German Occupation

A reverent work of sublimity.

24. EchEm's rating of the film Francofonia: Le Louvre Under German Occupation

watched it again, and it got even better second time.