1. pluviosity's rating of the film Frankenstein

people are often forgot that this was a B-movie, so I say, with that standard, even with the dodgy editing and barely passable acting, the movie already exceeded it. Karloff was heartbreaking as The Monster.

2. ceknklsn's rating of the film Frankenstein

63/100 (Önceden izlediğimde 80 puan vermiştim. Belki izlerken çok heyecan verici olabilir, yapıldığı yıla göre iyi bir iş de olabilir ancak o yılların gözüyle baksam da iyi bir film diyemem. Bu sefer dikkatlice izledim. Bir çok soru cevapsız bırakılmış, oyuncular berbatın ötesine geçmiş, en kötüsü ise böylesi bir canavarı bağlamamak gibi fahiş hataların tekrar edilmesi olmuş. )

3. bryanvmh's rating of the film Frankenstein

Set design has been mimicked and mocked but never replicated; it's a lush mix of painted backdrops, elegant sets, and human skulls.

4. DenoResandono's rating of the film Frankenstein

FRANKENSTEIN - maybe - not as great as some people said. I felt the storytelling itself is too "jumpy", I guess. It went too fast you know. I had no idea. Maybe the editing technique or knowledge back then isn't good enough like today. It is still a decent movie. FRANKENSTEIN still have something that I loved. I really loved its gothic cinematography. And of course Boris Karloff as the Monster himself. WORTH WATCHING

5. Loud Rocks's rating of the film Frankenstein

6. bibonoaozora's rating of the film Frankenstein

7. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Frankenstein

Rewatched and re-loved. Essential cinema. Halloween is coming.

8. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Frankenstein

9. richardlawrn's rating of the film Frankenstein

I was completely disappointed for it is so different from the book and everything happens so fast. Elizabeth is as annoying as in Shellye's story. Anyway, the Cinematography is amazing and I loved Frankenstein's mad lab. It should have had more of him and the monster and less, way less of his annoying father and nosy elizabeth.

10. sónia fialho's rating of the film Frankenstein

best frankenstein's monster.

11. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Frankenstein

Boris Karloff sure can play both sides of an inconsistent character, can't he? Question; are people meant to be the real monsters of this movie? Because where they see an abomination, I see someone who'd been imprisoned, burnt, whipped, and scared from the day he was born. I first read Frankenstein as a kid and it left a very vivid impression. This just doesn't cut it as an adaptation; I'm sorry.

12. smndvdcl's rating of the film Frankenstein

Not an exact adaptation to one of the best books ever written, but a noble effort all the same. Unequivocally iconic, although 'The Bride of Frankenstein' is arguably a better film.

13. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Frankenstein

14. Terry_Moby's rating of the film Frankenstein

The tower, the lab, flowers in the water, the windmill and Karloff: yes!

15. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film Frankenstein

16. andretz's rating of the film Frankenstein

17. SpacePirate's rating of the film Frankenstein

Not my fav Universal horror pic, but Karloff is at his most memorable. Solid 4 stars

18. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Frankenstein

19. santiago alzate botero's rating of the film Frankenstein

um i hated this adaptation and i'm not a snob about books

20. Arf's rating of the film Frankenstein

i film su Frankenstein non mi convincono proprio.

21. Matthew Horvath's rating of the film Frankenstein

Iconic stuff! The opening scenes in the graveyard, against the gaunt skies, is forever burnt into my abnormal brain, as is, of course, the creation scenes in the greatest of all mad scientist labs! I was blown away as a kid over the fact that they actually kill a little girl in this movie. That's some freakin' balls, man!!!

22. Johnny Mislow's rating of the film Frankenstein

Love/Hate relationship with this movie

23. TFCHooligan69's rating of the film Frankenstein

Seeing Frankenstein in a theatre setting, right after Dracular, proved to be quite an experience. The originals are always a treat and well worth re-visiting.

24. matthewlong1985's rating of the film Frankenstein

One of my favorite films of all time. Karloff gives a masterful, silent performance. It is all about his hands & eyes. In my opinion, there is yet to be a better film about mans desire to be God.