1. Teona Gal's rating of the film Frankenstein

2. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Frankenstein

Still an impressive 1930s horror drama which really define the monster as a misunderstood creature and the humans are bad guys. Karloff in makeup is unforgettable. The creation of the Monster by lightning is a memorable film moment. A chilling scene with the Monster and the Child and the dramatic climax with the Windmill add to a film filled with iconic imagery.

3. Pipim's rating of the film Frankenstein

Trois étoiles pour l'esthétique. Zéro pour la "morale". Le film est de feu, alors que le livre est de glace. Où est la solitude ? Où est l'empathie ? Où est la parole ? Est-ce un film sur le cinéma parlant ?

4. msmichel's rating of the film Frankenstein

Iconic Universal horror film that though not always faithful to the classic Shelley novel became the foundation for cinematographic portrayal of the creature. Karloff's star making performance is legendary in this moving but near silent turn. Full of classic sequences brought to life from excellent set design and cinematography.

5. pluviosity's rating of the film Frankenstein

people are often forgot that this was a B-movie, so I say, with that standard, even with the dodgy editing and barely passable acting, the movie already exceeded it. Karloff was heartbreaking as The Monster.

6. ceknklsn's rating of the film Frankenstein

63/100 (Önceden izlediğimde 80 puan vermiştim. Belki izlerken çok heyecan verici olabilir, yapıldığı yıla göre iyi bir iş de olabilir ancak o yılların gözüyle baksam da iyi bir film diyemem. Bu sefer dikkatlice izledim. Bir çok soru cevapsız bırakılmış, oyuncular berbatın ötesine geçmiş, en kötüsü ise böylesi bir canavarı bağlamamak gibi fahiş hataların tekrar edilmesi olmuş. )

7. bryanvmh's rating of the film Frankenstein

Set design has been mimicked and mocked but never replicated; it's a lush mix of painted backdrops, elegant sets, and human skulls.

8. DenoResandono's rating of the film Frankenstein

FRANKENSTEIN - maybe - not as great as some people said. I felt the storytelling itself is too "jumpy", I guess. It went too fast you know. I had no idea. Maybe the editing technique or knowledge back then isn't good enough like today. It is still a decent movie. FRANKENSTEIN still have something that I loved. I really loved its gothic cinematography. And of course Boris Karloff as the Monster himself. WORTH WATCHING

9. Loud Rocks's rating of the film Frankenstein

10. bibonoaozora's rating of the film Frankenstein

11. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Frankenstein

Rewatched and re-loved. Essential cinema. Halloween is coming.

12. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Frankenstein

13. richardlawrn's rating of the film Frankenstein

I was completely disappointed for it is so different from the book and everything happens so fast. Elizabeth is as annoying as in Shellye's story. Anyway, the Cinematography is amazing and I loved Frankenstein's mad lab. It should have had more of him and the monster and less, way less of his annoying father and nosy elizabeth.

14. sónia fialho's rating of the film Frankenstein

best frankenstein's monster.

15. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Frankenstein

Boris Karloff sure can play both sides of an inconsistent character, can't he? Question; are people meant to be the real monsters of this movie? Because where they see an abomination, I see someone who'd been imprisoned, burnt, whipped, and scared from the day he was born. I first read Frankenstein as a kid and it left a very vivid impression. This just doesn't cut it as an adaptation; I'm sorry.

16. smndvdcl's rating of the film Frankenstein

Not an exact adaptation to one of the best books ever written, but a noble effort all the same. Unequivocally iconic, although 'The Bride of Frankenstein' is arguably a better film.

17. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Frankenstein

18. Terry_Moby's rating of the film Frankenstein

The tower, the lab, flowers in the water, the windmill and Karloff: yes!

19. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film Frankenstein

20. andretz's rating of the film Frankenstein

21. SpacePirate's rating of the film Frankenstein

Not my fav Universal horror pic, but Karloff is at his most memorable. Solid 4 stars

22. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Frankenstein

23. sabbi irimiás esaú alzate botero's rating of the film Frankenstein

um i hated this adaptation and i'm not a snob about books

24. Arf's rating of the film Frankenstein

i film su Frankenstein non mi convincono proprio.