1. Tiago Gonçalves's rating of the film Free Fire

2. Nancarrow's rating of the film Free Fire

perfect distillation of the medium. no bullshit, binders, or sweeteners. pure cinema

3. Zach Closs's rating of the film Free Fire

When I first started making little movies of my own, all I wanted to do was stage ridiculous, silly shootouts. The joyous, boyish, oh-well-fuck-it-then energy of "Free Fire" had me thinking fondly of my teens, equipped with a camcorder, After Effects, air-compressed squibs and plenty of air-soft guns. The characters are huge, the dialogue is snappy, and at a taut, fat-free 91 minutes, it makes the most of its set-up.

4. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film Free Fire

5. J. O.'s rating of the film Free Fire

A sort-of original mash-up of wholly unoriginal elements. Points for the all-star cast, the offbeat tone, and the John Denver. Points removed for somehow creating a confusing geography in a single room, and the predictability of everything. Plays out like Quentin Tarantino directed the sniper standoff in Enemy At The Gates. Ben Wheatley is always interesting, but could've done better.

6. jessetaylor's rating of the film Free Fire

This movie is riddled with bullets, but everyone had maybe 4% accuracy. Just goes to show that humans are too stupid to have guns, but when they do in a Ben Wheatley film it's a high-wire act from start to finish. Such great genre entertainment.

7. muh.'s rating of the film Free Fire

Wheatly, one of those filmmakers whose ideas I usually like but who often seem to underwhelm. A shootout movie set in a single location should have a better command of camera to avoid the "wait! who's that? what happened?!" moments. But the thing I feel the most sorry for is the lack of the comedic bite, the black variety of course. It seems to teeter on wanting to be as absurd and black but fails to succeed.

8. Cbarky99's rating of the film Free Fire

"that's why I appreciate the arts...you know? Because if it wasn't for them, then all we're doing is just...this."

9. Ilona Tru's rating of the film Free Fire

Fun but not quite my tempo

10. OLIVER-J's rating of the film Free Fire

a soft 3 for me. once the bullets start firing it held my attention and there were a couple standout moments but for what it is, it could've been more fun. that said Sharlto Copley definitely the standout for me. I keep giving Ben Wheatley's films a chance but I'm always kinda ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

11. Louis Léonard's rating of the film Free Fire

12. dalena's rating of the film Free Fire

i enjoy the idea that most black market exchanges are handled with a clunky, amateur air no matter how proper the swagger.

13. †. Kennedy Pope's rating of the film Free Fire

Ben Wheatley takes the indie shoot 'em up film that's been commonplace for the past 30 years and pokes fun of it gloriously. If you're in the mood for something as intentionally shallow as a kiddie pool, this is a great watch.

14. Joao Francisco Pinho's rating of the film Free Fire

Um excelente filme onde num único espaço físico é explorado de forma cativante e engraçada os lados mais engraçados do ser humano.

15. Ulrich JARLØV's rating of the film Free Fire

In a behind the scenes featurette, the cast talks about how the director had a diagram made up to keep track of all the characters; maybe the director should've studied that diagram, 'cause it's impossible to get a handle on who's firing at whom & where they are in relation to each other! A confusing clusterfuck! One can argue that that's the point - I argue that the director didn't know what the fuck he was doing!

16. Henrique Amud's rating of the film Free Fire

None of Ben Wheatley's film that I've watched have been completely satisfying but they always end up being quite fascinating. Free Fire has one of the most outrageously stupid shoot outs in the history of cinema and that might make it the best one yet. Some great and not so great actors are having an absolute blast (specially the Armie Hammer for some reason) and it was quite a lot of fun, but it lacked some meat.

17. Frank's rating of the film Free Fire

18. Schnagelkott's rating of the film Free Fire

90 minutes of solid entertainment.

19. Mathias Palmberg's rating of the film Free Fire

Despite a stellar cast and a great director this fell unbelievably short condisering the talent involved. After a quite amusing first reel the movie really comes to a standstill as soon as the shooting starts. You don't really feel any sympathy for any of the characters and after a while you stop caring all together. Sure, there are flashes of inspiration and some cool sequences but they are too few and far between.

20. Wing Narada's rating of the film Free Fire

21. mattywuh's rating of the film Free Fire

22. Levent Güçer's rating of the film Free Fire

This is twice now that I feel disappointed after a highly expected Wheatley film, but I'll remain a believer for now.

23. Tigrão's rating of the film Free Fire

Interesting premise and hilarious situations, but high concept movies like this very rarely live up to the task. However, there is a sort of cinematic anarchy and such a deliberate disrispect to plot it's sometimes exhilarating.

24. FCC 86's rating of the film Free Fire

"Beggars can't be choosers Cinderella"