1. Fabio Borgions's rating of the film Free Radicals

Progressive abstract short film which will have influenced many recent music video's and animations. Hypnotic and trippy, with nice musical guidance. It carries you away in a world you'll invent, you just have to be open for it.

2. Juan Javier's rating of the film Free Radicals

Hacer esto en los 80s es ya un poco tarde. ¿Y porqué Africa? ¿Exotismo gratuito?

3. EdieEmm's rating of the film Free Radicals

This is the ecstatic essence/expression of the universe, that we all know, even if we don't all know that we know. This is the shit Rumi wrote about (& that no one but poets can put into anything so limiting as words) Resists representation; no signifier/signified. Dance, maybe; but that's just another kind of poetry.. Almost makes it possible to believe for a sec that some 'consciousness shift' really could save us!

4. DrFirestone's rating of the film Free Radicals

Film as art and a physical medium explored in its bare, most basic form. A mysterious, hypnotic trance - I felt like I was dreaming about a wilderness somewhere in Africa. All the elements - the visuals and music are perfectly balanced and synchronised. An absolute legend and experimental cinema at its finest.

5. VincentVendetta's rating of the film Free Radicals

If the first Len Lye films were too obvious in their creation, with images littered with identical stamps, I have absolutely no idea how he did this. The illusion of 3D depth using 2D animation seems like a given now, revealing its core is mind-boggling.

6. MisterColo93's rating of the film Free Radicals

SHORT FILM 2/5 ok 60 years is a very long time but...

7. stopyunn's rating of the film Free Radicals

8. Dysproz's rating of the film Free Radicals

I seems as a shorter substitute to new Polish film 'Photon' :)

9. luís debonoir's rating of the film Free Radicals

3.5 ⁞ Choosing this rhythmic based music makes a perfect fit, allowing a sort of hypnotic feeling or trip. The apparent simple technique of scratching the film comes with great effect, resulting in shapes and movement that are, visually, very captivating. Personally, I think I would try to find some space for a more specific intention or motivation at some point in the film. Still great as a pure experimental work.

10. bucharestaesthetics's rating of the film Free Radicals

11. melone's rating of the film Free Radicals

Magico, elettrico, etnico, ipnotico, ritmico, materico.

12. nica's rating of the film Free Radicals

pure energy, pure artistry and expression

13. TheCatalyst's rating of the film Free Radicals

An idea so amazing that tt touches the level of weird!

14. Marinos Koutsomichalis's rating of the film Free Radicals

Hypnotic and mesmerizing. Optical music at its best.

15. timsse's rating of the film Free Radicals

16. fearraigh's rating of the film Free Radicals

Len Lye was possibly the greatest formalist in the history of cinema. Forever producing innovations on an ostensibly narrow theme. This thrills and hypnotises, and continually surprises. The summit of animation.

17. cin-e-phile22's rating of the film Free Radicals

Pulls the viewer in. Freely associating the abstract lines with ones memories and subjective experiences. Appropriation of African tribal musical sounds is of interest.

18. Rex Freeman's rating of the film Free Radicals

I like that we have the odd short film - I don't see that many usually and it also gives me a chance to catch up! Love this and it works well to jazz. As a kiwi I should plump for this being described as a New Zealand film (but shan't argue). His sculptures are great as well. A true NZ icon.

19. El pocho lavezzi's rating of the film Free Radicals

20. Philipp Reinke's rating of the film Free Radicals

Diese sehr einfachen Klänge rufen in mir eine Stimmung hervor, die ich sonst nur vom Capoeira kenne und die darin besteht, dass ich instinktiv den Takt der Musik in eine ruhige Bewegung umsetze. Dies im Kontrast zu den hektisch tanzenden Linien erzeugt ein Spannungsfeld aus An- und Entspannung, sodass sich eine Art Trance einstellt. Erstaunlich, wie wenig es für einen guten Film braucht.

21. Caramel Cookie's rating of the film Free Radicals

It's nice but a bit dated. You could probably make a case against it out of a post-colonial stance: what exactly is happening here in this western appropriation of black tribe music? Why is there no context?

22. Michael Maria Müller's rating of the film Free Radicals

Habe den Film gerade zwei Mal hintereinander angeschaut. Frage mich, ob er Inspirationsquellle für die iTunes visuals war.

23. Teona Gal's rating of the film Free Radicals

m-a hipnotizat, să mor ieu

24. B o g d a n's rating of the film Free Radicals

2. Aș vrea să îl mai văd, sunt multe feluri în care pot să interpretez joaca lui Lye.