1. Dysproz's rating of the film Free Radicals

I seems as a shorter substitute to new Polish film 'Photon' :)

2. luís debonoir's rating of the film Free Radicals

3.5 ⁞ Choosing this rhythmic based music makes a perfect fit, allowing a sort of hypnotic feeling or trip. The apparent simple technique of scratching the film comes with great effect, resulting in shapes and movement that are, visually, very captivating. Personally, I think I would try to find some space for a more specific intention or motivation at some point in the film. Still great as a pure experimental work.

3. Justin Frujine's rating of the film Free Radicals

4. melone's rating of the film Free Radicals

Magico, elettrico, etnico, ipnotico, ritmico, materico.

5. nica's rating of the film Free Radicals

pure energy, pure artistry and expression

6. TheCatalyst's rating of the film Free Radicals

An idea so amazing that tt touches the level of weird!

7. marinos@agxivatein.com's rating of the film Free Radicals

Hypnotic and mesmerizing. Optical music at its best.

8. tiimze@yahoo.com's rating of the film Free Radicals

9. fearraigh's rating of the film Free Radicals

Len Lye was possibly the greatest formalist in the history of cinema. Forever producing innovations on an ostensibly narrow theme. This thrills and hypnotises, and continually surprises. The summit of animation.

10. cin-e-phile22's rating of the film Free Radicals

Pulls the viewer in. Free association of the abstract lines to whatever first comes to mind with each passing second. African tribal sounds' appropriation is of interest. Nothing much else.

11. Rex Freeman's rating of the film Free Radicals

I like that we have the odd short film - I don't see that many usually and it also gives me a chance to catch up! Love this and it works well to jazz. As a kiwi I should plump for this being described as a New Zealand film (but shan't argue). His sculptures are great as well. A true NZ icon.

12. El pocho lavezzi's rating of the film Free Radicals

13. Philipp Reinke's rating of the film Free Radicals

Diese sehr einfachen Klänge rufen in mir eine Stimmung hervor, die ich sonst nur vom Capoeira kenne und die darin besteht, dass ich instinktiv den Takt der Musik in eine ruhige Bewegung umsetze. Dies im Kontrast zu den hektisch tanzenden Linien erzeugt ein Spannungsfeld aus An- und Entspannung, sodass sich eine Art Trance einstellt. Erstaunlich, wie wenig es für einen guten Film braucht.

14. Caramel Cookie's rating of the film Free Radicals

It's nice but a bit dated. You could probably make a case against it out of a post-colonial stance: what exactly is happening here in this western appropriation of black tribe music? Why is there no context?

15. Michael Maria Müller's rating of the film Free Radicals

Habe den Film gerade zwei Mal hintereinander angeschaut. Frage mich, ob er Inspirationsquellle für die iTunes visuals war.

16. Teona Gal's rating of the film Free Radicals

m-a hipnotizat, să mor ieu

17. B o g d a n's rating of the film Free Radicals

2. Aș vrea să îl mai văd, sunt multe feluri în care pot să interpretez joaca lui Lye.

18. MarcusArcus's rating of the film Free Radicals

19. Helena's rating of the film Free Radicals

Kind of useless but still enjoyable, especially the music

20. Quattro's rating of the film Free Radicals

Brilliant. Shaping space and movement with some scratches, that's it.

21. Marco Bevilacqua's rating of the film Free Radicals

It is too short and there is no deep content, so it can be judged only as a simple and minimal expression. What can be interesting is the image/audio synchronization, which is enjoyable. An original idea is the fact that the director has scratched the film negative to create the only visual content.

22. matteo carini's rating of the film Free Radicals

harmony reigns over those shapes which continuously remind me of elegantly moving bodies

23. Sebastian M.'s rating of the film Free Radicals

A short and simple little gem. Delightful mix of music and imagery.

24. Francoise Mees's rating of the film Free Radicals

L émotion naît de cette simplicité maîtrisée.