1. Lola Finch's rating of the film Friday the 13th Part 2

highlights for me were the green windsor chair and ginny pissing herself, other than that i felt it had no great moments

2. msmichel's rating of the film Friday the 13th Part 2

Even with the violence toned down the second entry is certainly an improvement on the first. Some attempt at story is made and kept away from the supernatural angle the series would develop. In the end it's a standard kids getting chopped up in the woods movie...but a half decent one.

3. Rocco's rating of the film Friday the 13th Part 2

Better characters, an inventively suspenseful climax, and a fabulous Betsy Palmer cameo! The clumsy, sack-headed Jason has a buffoonish charm and his final scare is devilishly effective. Though Jason's existence makes no sense and the film isn't without its dull moments, it's a major improvement over the first.

4. Nolan Barth's rating of the film Friday the 13th Part 2

It's interesting that unlike most slasher series the Friday the 13th franchise took a couple of films for it to find its identity. Unlike Freddy or Mike Myers, Jason wasn't fully formed till the 3rd film in his franchise. This is the film where we finally meet Jason (minus the hockey mask)! However the real MVP of this film is the director. Miner amps up the pacing, the production value, and the scares!

5. VivianDarkbloom's rating of the film Friday the 13th Part 2

Worst group of teenagers ever. 2 stars for the sound effect & how creepy Jason is.

6. ceknklsn's rating of the film Friday the 13th Part 2

7. D's rating of the film Friday the 13th Part 2

"These kids smoke better dope than I do."

8. Steve G.'s rating of the film Friday the 13th Part 2

Absolutely identical to the original with a lovely 7 minute recap at the start in case you missed the first one and were worried about being lost.

9. Maudy Puteri Agusdina's rating of the film Friday the 13th Part 2

script is silly, cliche characters (you know it so well) when both camera techniques and jumpscares really effective. And that window scene is truly big moment!

10. Mathias Palmberg's rating of the film Friday the 13th Part 2

Infinitely more successful than the first one on all counts. The acting and directing is better and the plotting both lean and effective (at least for a slasher B-movie). The score is really great and the "kills" are suitably over the top.

11. James Roth's rating of the film Friday the 13th Part 2

Not really a step down from the original. Some of the scares were even better and had some really chilling moments involving an unmasked Jason. I would say that the ending of this film doesn't touch the original but that is one of very few weak spots. I would recommend this to any horror fan or lover of the original film.

12. Andre Flickatina's rating of the film Friday the 13th Part 2

interesting that many prefer the second.. i actually prefer the first, especially when comparing the special effects / makeup for the kill scenes. fun to see jason getting his sea legs though.. i lol'd when the chair he was standing on broke.

13. JackButcher's rating of the film Friday the 13th Part 2

More enjoyable than the first in my opinion, this is where the series started to first take shape.

14. Log Lady's rating of the film Friday the 13th Part 2

Slightly better than the first one, mostly because Jason is more interesting than his mother, and the heroine is more likeable (thanks to Steel's natural and down-to-earth performance). The build-up is also greatly appreciated, it just makes the events more horrific when you know the relationships and personalities of the characters.

15. Scott Lucas's rating of the film Friday the 13th Part 2

This is actually pretty good. Steve Miner knows a thing or two about genre film making that Sean Cunningham never bothered to learn.

16. João R's rating of the film Friday the 13th Part 2

This one never fails to scare me and was the first I saw. Nice tension & respective build up, right mood & creepy environment. We have a great heroine that fits perfectly the role of final girl; a much more carismatic and jovial killer, Jason, in his first appearance; a shaky storyline that's washed away with some fun-to-watch characters; a great finale that starts the madness. Probably, my favorite of the franchise.

17. Tyler Shaw's rating of the film Friday the 13th Part 2

Strangely enough I liked this one a little bit. Sure the beginning was boring and the story doesn't always make sense, but once it got down to the final showdown I liked it. I thought Jason was a much more interesting villain than his mother. I liked that in this film he has not quite become so superhuman. He is sort of this pathetic creature and that made it scarier for me. The heroin was also better.

18. MarcH's rating of the film Friday the 13th Part 2

Now we're talking. The original is junk, but #2 is so much better, and has an immensely likable heroine in Amy Steel. Nice build-up to the carnage, and scary finale. I saw this with an audience and remember the experience of 800 people screaming. Too bad it was all downhill after this...

19. Rabbit Room's rating of the film Friday the 13th Part 2

Teens go in one end and corpses come out the other end. One guy goes for a beer and disappears forever. The F13 entry that truly set the blueprint for the series and countless slash-a-likes to come.

20. mcnail's rating of the film Friday the 13th Part 2

Kinda weird just number 2 is on here. Like this one quite a bit though.