1. Paul and Wade's rating of the film Friends for Eternity

Appreciated the dream-like imagery, music, and scattered moments, especially the dream sequence. Works better as Art than as an Art Film.

2. artichokecoat@yahoo.com's rating of the film Friends for Eternity

Only watched the first section, not motivated to continue to the end.

3. tsamaroden's rating of the film Friends for Eternity

I think I would rate both Palaces of Pity and A History of Mutual Respect 4 stars. The first film was fairy-tale like in its portrayal of two young girls competing for the love of their grandma. It had the stronger narrative of the two films. A History of Mutual Respect was a visual treat, though, with lush cinematography and wonderful filming of motion. Together, they form an interesting pair of films. Great!

4. naokoken's rating of the film Friends for Eternity

A bit interesting but not really engaging on any level. The foley Daniel Gris did a great job. Some really nice shots here and there. The dialog never was interesting, too stilted and artificial. "The country has changed, but we are the same."

5. Renato Alcobia's rating of the film Friends for Eternity

Wannabe César Monteiro - 3,82 stars

6. Maya Patricia Garzae's rating of the film Friends for Eternity

The sort of cinematography I adore, the sort of dialogue and sequences I cherish, the sort of stories I hate.

7. lostlevel's rating of the film Friends for Eternity

Visually enthralling, sure I've enjoyed films more fun than this but something about this felt as though I was watching moving tableaux. The stars apply more to Palaces of Pity (2011) rather than A History of Mutual Respect (2010) which was an interesting counter point, still visually arresting but the characters seemed somewhat reprehensible.

8. saitosouta's rating of the film Friends for Eternity

I love Gabriel Abrantes, I don't like Daniel Schmidt. Maybe this two shorts are directed by Schmidt mostly, aren't they? Like "The Unity of All Things" sublime cinematography & picturesque location, but they aren't fit for cheaply stupid, boringly philosophical storyline. Former's dreamy sequence has freedom of Abrantes' essence I like, though.

9. Ben Loory's rating of the film Friends for Eternity

loose, surprising, sometimes fun, often boring. not much in the depth department. second one feels like a student film.

10. muse_x's rating of the film Friends for Eternity

Hey bro, sorry, but, you're a gringo. One who clearly doesn't understand women.

11. msmichel's rating of the film Friends for Eternity

Cuts together the short feature 'Palaces of Pity' and the short film 'A History of Mutual Respect'. The short feature though unfocused and narratively challenged has some interest but the short is just so god awful that any good will generated is dissipated. A miss.

12. Samuel Wells's rating of the film Friends for Eternity

This film goes full bore into melodrama from the first sequence and continues to let itself grow from their. I can be a great fan of melodrama when it is done with obvious self awareness or it is earned by created an alternate reality where it places itself. This film does neither of these things and the sensation leaves a very unsatisfying feeling for me. If the film gave sign of attempting this, it'd have been okay

13. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Friends for Eternity

Some striking images, but bloodless and theoretical: the screenplay is showing.

14. David R Williams's rating of the film Friends for Eternity

Film as dream. "An exhilarating whatsit laden with awe-inspiring landscapes, surrealist flourishes, and stirring, unexpected juxtapositions of image and sound...a playful yet serious meditation on friendship, competition, and carnal desire, cast against lush jungle settings and the modernist architecture of Brasilia." - Film Society Lincoln Center

15. Michael Goetz's rating of the film Friends for Eternity

The first half of this semi-surrealist diptych, regarding an adolescent rivalry to inherit an aristocratic estate, is completely riveting. There is nothing in the look, rhythm, or feel of this section to shame an old master like Oliveira. The second half is less successful, but it's worth spending the half hour with the two idiot bros for the extremely funny payoff at the end. None of the film is less than gorgeous.

16. kulturminister's rating of the film Friends for Eternity

Palace of Pity 3 stars History of Mutual Respect 2 stars

17. Luisa Martelo's rating of the film Friends for Eternity

Sad to come across contemporary films by male directors who have no bloody clue about women, like this one. If you don't understand women, find something else to make films about.

18. stef_mac@rocketmail.com's rating of the film Friends for Eternity

i have no idea what this movie was about

19. Gisèle Kérosène's rating of the film Friends for Eternity

20. Hockley Cinema's rating of the film Friends for Eternity

An experience tantamount to wading through a sea of artery-blocking and mind-numbing fast food..... nice to look at but ultimately distasteful and insipid.

21. Lauren Iverson's rating of the film Friends for Eternity

1st film - so splendid to watch, never have cluttered my desktop with so many screenshots. very significant intertextuality between the soft poetic dialogue and quiet, unexpected scenes, ending sped up into a transparent kids' war which made me rethink the whole film's intentionality ... 2nd film - like blondes in the jungle - mopey monied students in the jungle exploiting the indigenes, not sure if I totally felt it

22. Peter Lewis's rating of the film Friends for Eternity

Rich kids with a great cinematographer playing at cinema. Mostly just plain nasty.

23. Nicholas Kohut's rating of the film Friends for Eternity

Enthralling story with confounding imagery.

24. Nan Bauer's rating of the film Friends for Eternity

Initially, I thought it was just slow and pretentious. With the dream sequence I started to think it was dumb. With the final part (the two guys) I started to laugh, because then pretentious and dumb collided head-on. Not for me.