1. Sơn Nguyễn's rating of the film Friends with Money

One sad thing about this funny (bittersweet) movie is it's too short.

2. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film Friends with Money

Disappointment. My expectation was high, I have to admit. Why? There are top four female actresses on stage together and the result is: poor. Unfortunately this movie promises to say more, but never goes further than giving small observations of modern urban life. The script is not good, there is no plot but a lot of banalities instead. 2,5 stars.

3. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Friends with Money

The reason I generally don't watch movies with movie stars I hate is that they tend to ruin things. Anniston is like Paltrow, in that they can only be that one thing, and it's the same person. Superficial. She was surrounded by great actors, but she just drags the thing down into the 'I just don't care' zone.

4. paul_quixote's rating of the film Friends with Money

Sharp rendering of privileged ennui balanced w/ downwardly mobile banality. A+ cast. Various side plots w/ the non-Aniston characters weren't all equally compelling, is how I'll put it. Love Jen in this. A+ portrayal of stoned uncertainty mixed w/ palpable desire for something (anything!) meaningful in this damn life. Ends w/ the funniest deux ex machina & it's the glue that holds the critique of this film together.

5. Kaj's rating of the film Friends with Money

Since her first film more than two decades ago Nicole Holofcener's made only four more. But despite the years she's maintained a voice so solid and consistently individual. Well conscious of both the tedium and magic of subject, she only lets her characters talk and talk and talk. I can't think of anyone with an awareness of female personality as specific and sensitive, and wryly honest, as hers.

6. Ann Burden's rating of the film Friends with Money

7. Sara Gaspar's rating of the film Friends with Money

8. redux's rating of the film Friends with Money

Bleak fun, with discreet recursive jokes. Underrated.

9. Ariel Rowan's rating of the film Friends with Money

felt very true but how would i know aged 21

10. Ed S's rating of the film Friends with Money

Great cast, just a shame that the whole thing feels made up. I had a brief look on Rotten Tomatoes and found this line from Nick Schager: "Fails to feature protagonists who boast more than a figurative purpose." Says it all really. The cast do their best and there are some deliveries given the script (Keener in particular is very good) but the film as a whole just doesn't ring true. Kind of unsettling.

11. MWinzar's rating of the film Friends with Money

Looking at the reviews, I don't think people got the ending. He had an insubstantial answer to her query about the wages, and his eyes and body language showed that he was lying. He went for some sympathy, saying he had troubles; she's looking around desperately, trying to picture a future. Maybe he was just using her and we can see she's going to make the same mistakes she has before.

12. CONRAD POWERS's rating of the film Friends with Money

finished just when it was getting started

13. Aniko's rating of the film Friends with Money

I like how this film shows just how banal life can be at times.

14. Benji's rating of the film Friends with Money

Some interesting things going on, but overall not that great. The only arcs were Keener's divorce and Aniston finding a rich boyfriend (which, after all, is what all single gals want). I liked the ensemble cast of women, but they were all horribly wasted in something with no real substance, or depth.

15. MelianR's rating of the film Friends with Money

What was the point of this film? Easy to watch though, if one doesn't expect any profound revelations...

16. Thomas's rating of the film Friends with Money

Whiny chick flick. I watched through til the end though, a good cast helped buoy it along.

17. Penelope q's rating of the film Friends with Money

Some moment are really brilliant but in general, a superficial movie into what is life for a women in their 40"s.

18. PFL's rating of the film Friends with Money

A whip-smart film, brilliantly written and often very funny indeed. The performances are tremendous across the board.

19. Ian Loring's rating of the film Friends with Money

Not Holofcener's best, I'd say that would be Please Give, but the way this just goes through a few people's lives without much in the way of life lessons and instead just going through situations was interesting. Must say though I never thought I'd see Simon McBurney cast as the lusted after by other men silver fox but points for inspired casting!

20. Steve Thompson's rating of the film Friends with Money

Lending particular credence to an assessment of the director as 'the female Woody Allen', "Friends with Money" is an assured ensemble piece that expertly juggles serious drama and wry comedy. Portraying the relationships of the four female leads and their partners, the cast is consummately professional and if the film lacks that last ounce of gravitas it is a watchable amalgam of indie style and commercial panache.

21. Joao de Ornelas's rating of the film Friends with Money

kind of silly, in particular the main character...

22. Waffle Burger's rating of the film Friends with Money

this film gives me too much hope in rich people

23. Natalie Steiner's rating of the film Friends with Money

Like Bridesmaids had it been made by a depressed feminist.

24. Katey's rating of the film Friends with Money

Enjoyable and different take on the usual, shows a lot of beauty in the little things about relationships.