1. Nick Schwab's rating of the film Fright Night

The original was a clear product of the 1980's, thus this remake is that of Generation X, complete with Superbad-esque dialogue. This Fright Night also has greater atmosphere and more suspense. It's a bit creepier than the original, mainly from Farrell's jet black eyes and off-kilter manner. Like the original, it too has thinly written characters, but the strong acting helps it along, to make it as quality as 1985.

2. João R's rating of the film Fright Night

From someone who didn't enjoy the original, this one was, at least, a little bit more bearable. Nonetheless, its story still is not very engaging.

3. Natalia Kulewskaya's rating of the film Fright Night

4. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film Fright Night

5. James Mackin's rating of the film Fright Night

Colin Farrell and David Tennant were fun.

6. ceknklsn's rating of the film Fright Night

7. chanandre's rating of the film Fright Night

Was I the only one that actually adored this? The sexual tension was off the hook. Hints of Jeepers Creepers in that it rose slowly to its climax and the best alt meta-horror film I've seen in a long long time. And Farrell as a vampire? W I N <3

8. T-Cruise's rating of the film Fright Night

9. André Vieira's rating of the film Fright Night

10. HKFanatic's rating of the film Fright Night

Setting a pocket suburb of identical tract houses against the glittering backdrop of the Las Vegas strip creates a striking image. This surprisingly thoughtful remake of "Fright Night" plays with similar juxtapositions throughout, as Imogen Poots' character is placed at a crossroads between the sensitive youth of her boyfriend Charlie (the always great Anton Yelchin) and Colin Farrell's animalistic sexuality.

11. Tiago Batista Santos's rating of the film Fright Night

One of the best remakes ever done. Exceptional performance from Farrell, really well shot and driven, with a sharp sense of humor, and stylish.

12. terrastrana's rating of the film Fright Night

The #1 reason to see this film: David Tennant in guyliner and leather pants. Oh yeah. Seriously, though, this is one of those great "nerd saves the day" films, a la Zombieland.

13. Misa L's rating of the film Fright Night

Tom Holland ROCKS. Why do a remake? Colin okay, girl cute, not much else to say.

14. msmichel's rating of the film Fright Night

And unecessary remake of the week goes to.... Not bad but in this age of vampire oversaturation did we really need this? Farrell seems to be missing the menace that Sarandon's had in the 85 version. Yelchin and Poots ok but film belongs to David Tennant who is quite good aping the Chris Angel type character (we miss you Roddy McDowell). Is there any eighties horror films left to remake. Basket Case perhaps.

15. Dizzydent's rating of the film Fright Night

I turned it off when Chris Sarandon made a cameo appearance to remind us how fun and funny the original movie is.

16. pluviosity's rating of the film Fright Night

though I enjoyed it, but quite lousy in a way. Yet it completely changed my opinion to Colin Farrell. He should chose character like this, In Bruges', Phone Booth's.

17. Satori Setiawan's rating of the film Fright Night

just like Twilight meets Buffy

18. Cbarky99's rating of the film Fright Night

I have seen many a vampire film, but this scattershot remake is the first one I can remember that's so consistently low-lit throughout that it could have been actually directed by a vampire.

19. J. O.'s rating of the film Fright Night

Entertaining, and certainly an interesting take on the original, but in the end it was too dark (physically, not thematically) and too laden with cornball CGI. Many shots were far too under-lit or over-produced to even know what was happening, but there were also some very fun moments. Definitely expected more from Craig Gillespie.

20. Michael Convery's rating of the film Fright Night

I have not seen the original, but I have to say that if you want to watch a serio-comic vampire movie you're better off watching The Lost Boys. Better pacing, and much better balance of humor and horror.

21. ΞRIC B∆D TASTΞ's rating of the film Fright Night

why... why i have watched it & why they have made a remake..!?

22. Norman1706's rating of the film Fright Night

23. vordven's rating of the film Fright Night

24. doltcrow's rating of the film Fright Night

I thought it was way worse than that. Anyway, the car scene was very well directed. Also, I'd rather watch this one a thousand times than give a single shot to Twilight. :)