1. lemonaide's rating of the film Fright Night

Didn't like it the same way I did when I first saw it on cable back in the late 90s. There are movies that grows out of you and unfortunately Fright Night is one of those movies. I loved this as a teenager but I won't probably see it again soon, not anymore.

2. Rocco's rating of the film Fright Night

An endlessly charming marriage of Hammer Horror and John Hughesian coming-of-age comedy that only loses points for its weirdly drawn out (literally showstopping) practical effects set pieces.

3. Andre Flickatina's rating of the film Fright Night

i wasn't ready for stephen geoffreys

4. Nick Schwab's rating of the film Fright Night

More like An American Werewolf in London than Scream or Cabin in the Woods in its metaness, as Fright Night actually reinvents its genre, using a serious and respectable tone to its influences, and is a product of it, instead of a conceited comedy. The acting has flavor despite simple-minded characterizations-- even Geoffreys is oddly likeable-- and the script is well paced in its finding the soul of each scene.

5. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Fright Night

6. teler_thriller's rating of the film Fright Night

7. Kreg's rating of the film Fright Night

A cult classic horror movie about cult classic horror movies. The plot is exactly what it needs to be, and nothing more, and it's backed up by great performances from everyone. I don't know if Stephen Geoffrey's performance as Evil Ed is awkward or by far the most brilliant in this movie. The special effects do more than hold up and the pacing makes each moment memorable.

8. João R's rating of the film Fright Night

I barely made it until the end of this fright! Although it has equal amounts of campy humour, blood and exaggerated vampires, it's not enough to cover what it lacks: a reflection and a soul.

9. Matthew Catanzano's rating of the film Fright Night

I didn't care for the actor of the antagonist, I wouldn't have been scared of him. People always think of things in terms of influence and strength; the truth of the matter is that there are some harmful people out there whom are terrifying, others not so because they could not fool me intellectually; and if you cannot do that then you can't manipulate, if you can't do that then there would be no Fright Night.

10. Z's rating of the film Fright Night

One of the first truly postmodern horror films. Beat "Scream" to the punch by about ten years. Both honors and comments on it's genre with joyful aplomb. The cast is magnificent! Chris Sarandon is the ultimate master vampire. Stephen Geoffreys is terrifying and tragic. Roddy McDowell has never been better. A delicious lover letter to fans of Hammer horror and vampire films in general. Fiendishly entertaining and fun.

11. When the Sun Dies's rating of the film Fright Night

Holland has influenced the term "flick" and you can clearly tell with this incredibly enjoyable, corny, horror "flick".

12. Batraptor's rating of the film Fright Night

Even with for a more modern audience who is very familiar with, and probably sick to death of, vampires, Fright Night manages to be both funny and creepy, playing the right strings to keep you interested through the first two acts of the movie. The third act explodes with action, leading you through a suspenseful climax, if you're willing to ignore the, ahem, effects.

13. yasdnil's rating of the film Fright Night

Fun and entertaining, at least.

14. EYELASHMITE's rating of the film Fright Night

Novelty. I weirdly enjoyed it. Shamefully**

15. Richard Punch's rating of the film Fright Night

Love Roddy McDowell in this.

16. Ryan327's rating of the film Fright Night

17. LucaZB's rating of the film Fright Night

Such a truly vampire movie.

18. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Fright Night

Good effects, good acting, fun characters, and some decent scares, make this an enjoyable horror flick.

19. lizle's rating of the film Fright Night

"Hey Brewster" Little does hew know that she had some major cosmetic surgery done Still is still an original. And why not, ANYTHING with Roddy McDowell in the cast has got to be a redeeming factor. He's the man!

20. Myles O'Mara's rating of the film Fright Night

The beginning was terrible. I don't think I've ever seen a film with such a poor beginning that actually provided a reason for its existence later on in the film. Awesome vampires-are-gay/child-molesters 80's spin all around.

21. Henrique Amud's rating of the film Fright Night

22. Yass's rating of the film Fright Night

Excellente variation du thème "my neighbor's a killer" à la sauce vampire et horreur de série B. Les années 80 à leur meilleur, avec des acteurs rigolos, des effets spéciaux bien cochons, et une BO en or massif !

23. lasers8oclock's rating of the film Fright Night

24. ΞRIC B∆D TASTΞ's rating of the film Fright Night

such a great vamp movie, it has everything what a 80s horror need..!