1. Adam Laurence Pitt's rating of the film From Here to Eternity

2. T.h. Marvelsteins's rating of the film From Here to Eternity

An out and out masterpiece. A war film that only features war in the final reel (a clever foreshadowing when Kerr walks away from a road sign indicating Pearl Harbor) making instead the army rifle corps in peace time the central concern. Despite the buddy-ness of some of the characters, it is quite damning of the army, citing corruption, male brutality and domestic neglectful abuse under the red white and blue.

3. Pango's rating of the film From Here to Eternity

Very disappointed. Not my cup of tea.

4. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film From Here to Eternity

A classic wartime melodrama, set on Hawaii, this takes the usual army movie tropes, mixes in a love triangle and the tale of a boxer no longer wanting to box, and flavours it with a superb cast that includes Montgomery Clift, Burt Lancaster, Frank Sinatra, Deborah Kerr, Donna Reed, Ernest Borgnine, and more. Director Fred Zinnemann handles the script by Daniel Taradash just perfectly.

5. Christofi Cotonou's rating of the film From Here to Eternity

Surprising. It's a nice respite from Swedish art-house or LGBT documentaries (thanks MUBI). Everything was so finely tuned, and then they give us one of the most unnecessary endings in all cinema.

6. Tja's rating of the film From Here to Eternity

Interesting to see the 1941 Pearl Harbour attack placed as a coda to the main army-based human stories. Strong lead roles. Pretentious title.

7. Ariel Rowan's rating of the film From Here to Eternity

Donna Reed had such a good role - Montgomery was very good but ultimately the drama of lost love became ephemerally depressing (echoing death for impersonal cause?) Beautiful scenes of close up blood and Hawaiian shirt cloth.

8. JCPJD's rating of the film From Here to Eternity

I don't not get what the fuss is all about. Lancaster and Clift are quite ordinary, the romances seem lustful and rushed, rather than meaningful and real, and the stakes are all so low. I didn't buy so many of the events, especially around Sinatra's character. The War sort of...started, then stopped in a minute. Donna Reed was fantastic though in a small part. I'm disappointed given the cast. I wanted magic, dammit!

9. Lawrence O'Connor's rating of the film From Here to Eternity

Superbly crafted in every way.

10. DanielSpeight's rating of the film From Here to Eternity

11. sadie's rating of the film From Here to Eternity

can't tell if i'm loving all these movies just because i'm so emotionally horny but this ones so good.

12. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film From Here to Eternity

1.5 Something must have moved past me unnoticed...

13. Terri Wise's rating of the film From Here to Eternity

I've seen parts of this film a million times, but this time I saw it the whole way through. There are lots of great performances here. I'm used to this level of acting from Deborah Kerr, Burt Lancaster, and to some extent Montgomery Clift, but Donna Reed and Frank Sinatra pull out something special for this one, and Ernest Borgnine is good in one of his small, nasty roles.

14. Jeremiah Johnson's rating of the film From Here to Eternity

Such a great fucking film. That beach scene!!!

15. Ethan's rating of the film From Here to Eternity

This is a really great film and probably the best film ever made that centers around the attack on Pearl Harbor. Burt Lancaster is at his most badass and the beach scene is one of the best ever filmed. Frank Sinatra got a well deserved Oscar for this film and this was the movie that made you hate Ernest Borgnine.

16. Aardsy's rating of the film From Here to Eternity

17. SpacePirate's rating of the film From Here to Eternity

I just love Fred Zinneman films. They have a pacing all their own. Such a great ensemble cast. I am not even big on war films, but this is definitive.

18. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film From Here to Eternity

19. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film From Here to Eternity

Lo valioso del filme no tiene que ver con el doble melodrama ni el género bélico que vislumbra para el final de la película. "De aquí a la eternidad" es la crónica de dos románticos, aquellos que han contemplado en la vida del ejército su oficio y vida. Está sin embargo el desencanto, la frustración, una que se escapa mediante el alcoholismo, el amor furtivo. El final es trágico para todos. Hay un discurso antibélico

20. msmichel's rating of the film From Here to Eternity

Winner of 8 Academy Awards including picture and director. Post war picture looking at a company's operation and their soap opera like personal dramas leading up to the attack on Pearl Harbour. Some iconic sequences with some classic performances to match especially Lancaster, Clift, Kerr and Borgnine all whose performances seem to have more resonance than those given by Reed and Sinatra who won Oscars for theirs.

21. MaryKatherine's rating of the film From Here to Eternity

22. film_lies101's rating of the film From Here to Eternity

23. ramosbarajas's rating of the film From Here to Eternity

A melodrama for men. In spite of the reputation this film has for being one of the great romance films, the biggest takeaway for me was the apparent male to male camaraderie, at points very egregiously almost homoerotic. But I guess that's the army.

24. Caro_its's rating of the film From Here to Eternity

So beautiful, I must see other movies of Zinnemann, and Clift, Lancaster, Kerr, Sinatra, Reed... What a beautiful life to discover all these treasures...