1. João Rocha's rating of the film From Russia with Love

and so it starts 007 as we know

2. CafeGradiva's rating of the film From Russia with Love

3. FISCHER's rating of the film From Russia with Love

Une solide distraction, ponctuée d'humour et de suspense où les hors-bords assassins côtoient efficacement les tueurs au câble d'acier... www.cinefiches.com

4. film_lies101's rating of the film From Russia with Love

I don't get this Bond business

5. lisa's rating of the film From Russia with Love

bond is no match for a slavic woman

6. Thomas Dods's rating of the film From Russia with Love

One of the best Bond films. A taut, relatively realistic spy thriller before the gadgets and the silliness took over.

7. Michael Peer's rating of the film From Russia with Love

The best Bond film ever. Dr. No might have started it but it's From Russia With Love is the gold standard that set the model for the rest to follow. My love for James Bond growing up translated to my love of cinema. This was the first Bond film I ever saw and few can compare. Connery will always be considered the best Bond Robert Shaw is fantastic as the first truly great villain of the series. An awesome movie.

8. Elle Johnston's rating of the film From Russia with Love

My second mortal film sin - I don't like Bond movies. I'm not sure if thats worse or better than Disney. Either way I find Bond boring..

9. Mert Kaya's rating of the film From Russia with Love

4.5 - quite enjoyable movie even it includes bad acting. color schemes were great.

10. James Mackin's rating of the film From Russia with Love

11. the_mentaculus's rating of the film From Russia with Love

My favorite Bond film. Has all the "Bond" elements before they became cliche, and the freshness shows (as does Bond's misogyny, but that's another matter). Bond is more of a detective spy, neither relying on Q's techo-gadgets (he doesn't even show up in this one) or his libido-driven gentleman suaveness. A perfect mix of adventure, drama and action.

12. Ethan's rating of the film From Russia with Love

One of my absolute favorite Bond films also has the feel of a Hitchcock film. Connery continues with the badass as he grows into the character and this is where we start to get the crazy gadgets that would become a staple in the franchise's history.

13. Shoham L's rating of the film From Russia with Love

Better than Dr No, but again, not very well thought out. The story itself doesn't follow on from the previous film well. Terrible villains, although I did like how Number 1 is never shown. Connery is also quite a good Bond. A good mix between fun, laid-back and serious.

14. Ashley Spendlove's rating of the film From Russia with Love

One of the most faithful adaptations of the original novels, it remains one of my favourite Bonds largely due to the atmospheric Istanbul Cold War setup. Shaw and Lenya are great villains and the overall premise is slightly less fantastical than the other films, resulting in a greater reliance on character and dramatic tension - at times quite Hitchcockian - instead of resorting to spectacle alone.

15. narwhal44123's rating of the film From Russia with Love

Bond, you smooth bastard. 3.2

16. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film From Russia with Love

17. suede's rating of the film From Russia with Love

7.5/10. Visually lavish (Istanbul, Venice, etc.) and stylish. Phenomenal title design. Epic narrative canvas, loveable lead actress. Some scenes and props must've been inspired by "North by Northwest". In fact, the train scenes were more suspenseful and thrilling than anything I tend to associate with Bond movies. Too bad about the idiotic action towards the end (boat chase, thugs' ludicrous shooting inabilities).*

18. Steve G.'s rating of the film From Russia with Love

I've watched From Russia With Love loads of times and for the life of me can't see how so many rate this one of the best ever Bond films. Plodding terribly in parts, it's propped up by Robert Shaw's hulking presence and another cocksure Sean Connery performance. The fight on the train is arguably the best of its kind of all time.

19. Tutu888's rating of the film From Russia with Love

For me one of the better films of the franchise. Good action, beautiful scenery and far better acting than in Dr. No.

20. Travis James's rating of the film From Russia with Love

This is without a doubt the best bond film. Very much like a Hitchcock film and with what could possibly be the greatest fist fight ever shot. Brilliant film.

21. Roscoe's rating of the film From Russia with Love

Fine twisty Bond fun, one of the best, despite a few too many climaxes (completely unnecessary helicopter and boat chases).

22. Terri Wise's rating of the film From Russia with Love

I wish I could give this 3.5 stars.

23. Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy's rating of the film From Russia with Love

Fantastic film, score and title song. Barrie assembled the best of the best.

24. charles f stewart's rating of the film From Russia with Love

A fun, and highly stylized Bond film. Great quips and action sequences. The chess sequence in the beginning of the film is excellent. Red Grant is a crazed madman.