1. Ben Bosko's rating of the film From the Journals of Jean Seberg

spectacular, hilarious, moving: freaking essential

2. javier quintero's rating of the film From the Journals of Jean Seberg

Very interesting hypothesis and conjectures on Seberg's life and career in parallel with surprising ideas and linkings between film history, film procedures and politics, all under a singular-and-consistent structure.

3. Mike Spence's rating of the film From the Journals of Jean Seberg

4. Jake Cole's rating of the film From the Journals of Jean Seberg

A dynamic work of film criticism. A life extracted from Kuleshov Effect, diving into clips, archives and interpretations of a forgotten actress to bridge classicalism & modernism in both film and the American society it reflects and, on sadly rare occasion, tries to propel.

5. Andrei Rus's rating of the film From the Journals of Jean Seberg

Had some intriguing editing and juxtapositions of information, but I found the director's mechanisms of putting the viewer in emotional moods a little too simplistic. And also I had a problem with the autobiographical aspect of it (an artifice I found hilarious at times). But anyway I think the film has intriguing parts.

6. T. J. Harman's rating of the film From the Journals of Jean Seberg

A wonderful film essay w/limited appeal (people who like film essays/docs about film, Seberg fans). I don't pretend to understand Rappaport's casting of actors who look very little like the stars they're playing in this or RHHM but it doesn't distract or bother for me. I love how films like this turn writing into film art.

7. Coheed 2.5's rating of the film From the Journals of Jean Seberg

My first Mark Rappaport film and its a (difficult to find) masterpiece. Like Jean-Luc Godard's Historie(s) du Cinema, a fitting comparison considering he plays an important part in Seberg's life, Rappaport only needs pre-existing footage (on tape) of films to make a work far more deeper and cinematic than a 'glossier' movie. Its an intelligent, humorous and sad work that I wish was more easily available.