1. Wee Hunk's rating of the film From the Life of the Marionettes

Everybody here is thinking way too much. They talk themselves into holes from which there is no escape. It's as if this couple has been married 100 years and the level of contempt they have for each other is frightening.

2. Erik F.'s rating of the film From the Life of the Marionettes

One of Bergman's most unsettling and penetrating films.

3. FISCHER's rating of the film From the Life of the Marionettes

Des êtres tourmentés par leurs souffrances psychiques, du Bergman quoi ! www.cinefiches.com

4. Emil Kurjak's rating of the film From the Life of the Marionettes

5. ermete polpette's rating of the film From the Life of the Marionettes

6. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film From the Life of the Marionettes

7. jkristianl's rating of the film From the Life of the Marionettes

good fable on modern medicine

8. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film From the Life of the Marionettes

9. postblueink's rating of the film From the Life of the Marionettes

10. Ethan's rating of the film From the Life of the Marionettes

The spiritual sequel to Scenes from a Marriage is a very interesting and intimate portrait of a crumbling marriage.

11. Blumes's rating of the film From the Life of the Marionettes

The disco song was such a treat.

12. María F. Guerrero's rating of the film From the Life of the Marionettes

This was so, but so good. You know, that first scene with the murder. Damn. And the super deep study of the psyche, the disturbing talk about his homicidal dreams, the people who surround him and just everything, man.

13. V.S. Luoma-aho's rating of the film From the Life of the Marionettes

The indulgent & psychosexual Bergmanian monologue. Nothing in life, of course, is as "deep" or layered. For some reason or another Bergman's couples remind me of my youth. Maybe because I watched his movies so much then. Maybe because I was so anxious & depressed. I don't think love is as convoluted, not anymore. Maybe there is only contentment. Love like this is a fiction, angst, reaction against capitalism.

14. teresa romã's rating of the film From the Life of the Marionettes

Só depois de nos matarmos é que nos conseguimos controlar.

15. Tara Newton's rating of the film From the Life of the Marionettes

"Certain powers drive me that I can't control."

16. La quinta luna's rating of the film From the Life of the Marionettes

17. Nuno Barros's rating of the film From the Life of the Marionettes

Em From the Life of the Marionettes, dominam as pulsões psíquicas mais essenciais, Eros e Thanatos, e o modo como estas forças da criação e do caos convivem para além da moral. Bergman expõe o casamento como o lugar da verdade, onde, dominados até à demência, nos tornamos marionetas dos nossos desejos e medos. Excelentes interpretações e uma das melhores cenas de toda a filmografia de Bergman: o sonho de Peter.

18. Federico Di Folco's rating of the film From the Life of the Marionettes

Un gran film psicologico di Bergman. I personaggi vivono in una sorta di limbo nichilista e psicoanalitico,ma il bello dell'intera vicenda è che questo inconscio viene via via espresso,raccontato ed interpretato.Il tutto in una regia(ovviamente)magistrale e delle interpretazioni volutamente teatrali ma superbe. Il pazzesco è che era un prodotto destinato alla televisione(come Il Rito). Altri tempi. 4*

19. SILIP's rating of the film From the Life of the Marionettes

Highly underrated Bergman film

20. espaçonimas's rating of the film From the Life of the Marionettes

DA VIDA DAS MARIONETAS é o filme do dia no ciclo INGMAR BERGMAN no Espaço Nimas. Sessões às 13h30, 15h30, 17h30, 19h30 e 21h30. Todos ao Nimas.

21. Henrique Verkündigung's rating of the film From the Life of the Marionettes

this film messed me up inside, it''s one of the most powerfull movies i've ever seen

22. apexa's rating of the film From the Life of the Marionettes

One of the darkest films I've ever seen, let alone one of the darkest Bergman films I've ever seen. I think the urban and non-Scandinavian setting added to the dark atmosphere. A real highlight in his filmography that is underrated.

23. N. C.'s rating of the film From the Life of the Marionettes

Probabliy, the sexiest Bergman's film.

24. Lu Andreas's rating of the film From the Life of the Marionettes