1. Erik F.'s rating of the film Frownland

It has been a while since I saw this but I still haven't recovered from it. Scaldingly unpleasant and totally uncompromising. I think it captures something raw and honest about being an angsty urban millennial in a way that few other films or books even dare to attempt. (By the way, why aren't there more films named after Captain Beefheart songs?)

2. mpho3's rating of the film Frownland

21st century NoWave with Ebert lauding Mann's performance, as "full throttle all the way with insecurity, needfulness, loneliness, mistrust, desperation, self-hate, apology and despair." As unpleasant an experience as it is, I'm not sure why I stuck w/ it... Q. Am I a masochist? (Weird to go from extreme loathing to sympathy for this nebbish. I almost wanna see it again.) A. Yes, I am. 3.5 stars

3. FBS's rating of the film Frownland

I've been baffled by any positive response to this (other than sheer awe at its complete technical and narrative incompetency) since I first saw it at its premiere at SXSW.

4. Peter Belly's rating of the film Frownland

[...] like if Cassavetes and Lynch had a butt baby.

5. Weston Campbell's rating of the film Frownland

A gloriously misanthropic journey into alienation and anxiety, fully immersed in a worldview few dare to enter.

6. Brett Kessler's rating of the film Frownland

7. Juhui's rating of the film Frownland

8. Noah Lethbridge's rating of the film Frownland

Too long. I liked a lot things about this movie, but it just overstayed it's welcome. And you can't just put ontological and epistemological in the same sentence back to back like "what?" Gotta earn that shit. Too much neurosis. And I like neurosis.

9. Jesse Furgurson's rating of the film Frownland

Takes m*****core to its natural, thoroughly psychotic and unpleasant conclusion.

10. Patrick's rating of the film Frownland

it doesn't look bad just boring

11. blya's rating of the film Frownland

the main character is soоо mark ruffalo.

12. Kristen Livera's rating of the film Frownland