1. ________b's rating of the film Full Moon in Paris

an intimate and nuanced character study of a young woman!!!

2. Emily O's rating of the film Full Moon in Paris

3. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Full Moon in Paris

4. nico's rating of the film Full Moon in Paris

Rohmer conceived a lot of great female roles, but a good role is nothing without a great actress to fill its shoes. Here, Pascale Ogier shows what it is to fully embody a character and still be able to provide a personal touch that wouldn't be there were it played by somebody else. And what about the outfits, the dancing sequences, the scene in the motorcycle under the moonlight? One of Rohmer's greatest movies.

5. Balthaz21's rating of the film Full Moon in Paris

6. Patrícia Nunes's rating of the film Full Moon in Paris

7. ReineS's rating of the film Full Moon in Paris

Egoism is human is consequent is true. You can add your thoughtfulness for feeling better but don't distort its origin.

8. choupinet's rating of the film Full Moon in Paris

The long dialogues are what make Rohmer's movies special and captivating. Almost feels like you're there, participating in the conversation.

9. fearraigh's rating of the film Full Moon in Paris

Probably the only romantic film to be established on geo-demographic principles. Talky in the best possible way and, even if Louise and Octave are each rather insufferable and self-centred, Ogier's and Luchini's performances win the viewer over. One of a number of great films Rohmer made in the 1980s.

10. cin·aes·the·tic's rating of the film Full Moon in Paris

Pascale Ogier (1958-1984) shines as Louise, who decides that she can never be the suburban (banlieue) wife and so spruces up a Paris apartment owned by her family (convenient, n'est-ce pas?). Fabrice Luchini makes the best of his role as the 'friend-zoned' Octave, who functions as confidant and co-conspirator. A classic Éric Rohmer film, somewhat diluted by the contemporary 1980s setting oozing from most scenes.

11. David R Williams's rating of the film Full Moon in Paris

Sometimes we get what we ask for only to find that it was not what we really wanted at all. If we are lucky, it is a lesson learned. Here however I fear that is not the case. One day our heroine will find what she truly seeks...but by then it will be too late. Wonderful performances.

12. Max Seqgar's rating of the film Full Moon in Paris

Oh yeah? You want your freedom? Take your freedom!! LOL

13. Allison Rung's rating of the film Full Moon in Paris

I loved this and though Luchini's stageyness tends to drive me nuts it works okay here. I would double-bill with A NOS AMOURS, its superior in spite of being more hysterical (diegetically speaking).

14. Nacnud Schmalz's rating of the film Full Moon in Paris

So droll. I happen to know a gal like that. Unfortunately, haven't yet met the ping-pong playa to get me out of it all... :-(

15. Insider1's rating of the film Full Moon in Paris

Good film but doesn't have the atmosphere of Rohmer's earlier films. But certainly worth watching.

16. Monsieur Arkadin's rating of the film Full Moon in Paris

All the typical profound mundanities of human relationships you expect from Rohmer. But this time, with the profound mundanities of early 80s dancing styles thrown in.

17. Loz Loory's rating of the film Full Moon in Paris

Makes me miss home phones that were substantially made and always worked.

18. Catarina Andrade's rating of the film Full Moon in Paris

The great sabotage. Loneliness and heartbreak are not things that Louise should long to try.

19. Joe Pryweller's rating of the film Full Moon in Paris

Pascale Ogier, who died tragically shortly after winning the equivalent of a French Oscar for this film, is perfectly cast as a strong-willed but conflicted young adult who has a taste for the city lights of Paris but needs warm companionship. Rohmer, as in other of his films, explores the ultimate sadness of someone who cannot have it all and ends up with little. A traditionally shot film with dialogue that soars.

20. David Richards's rating of the film Full Moon in Paris

Well-acted... Ogier was great. At first, it seemed a bit "talky," but it won me over. This was the first Rohmer film I have seen, now I want to see all his work.

21. truffraud's rating of the film Full Moon in Paris

(3.5) very likable and lighthearted. rohmer loves his interiors.

22. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Full Moon in Paris

I love this movie for sentimental reasons. It's still a good film, but I had a very memorable weekend watching this with my father.

23. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film Full Moon in Paris

24. bartkl's rating of the film Full Moon in Paris

As always Rohmer knows how to surprise in terms of quality within the same formula time after time. Yet another romance that goes bad among all his films, but once again he succeeds in getting the job done. It's real, it's interesting and it's fun. You simply can't go wrong with Rohmer.