1. P D Dawson's rating of the film Full Moon in Paris

Louise is torn between her lover in Marne & her empty apartment in Paris. Not sure what she really wants, she tries to have both things, solitude & company, but she doesn't realise which one she needs until the other is gone. In a way, she pushes against Remi's possessiveness until it's gone, & only then does she realize that was what made her feel happy. In the end, her friend, Octave, is the only hope she has left.

2. Valentin Alexandru's rating of the film Full Moon in Paris

3. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Full Moon in Paris

It’s rare that I’m not moved by Rohmer’s uncanny ability to tear open our psyches and show us what we’re made of. Like The Green Ray, this is a film about a kind of restlessness that’s incredibly painful to witness. Painful in its familiarity. Near the end of the film, Louise tells a random man at a bar that when she’s in one home she wishes she was in the other. There’s no happy ending for someone this flighty

4. Ameille's rating of the film Full Moon in Paris

5. Lights in the Dusk's rating of the film Full Moon in Paris

My favourite scene is towards the end, where Louise talks to the illustrator. It captures everything I love about Rohmer's work; the relaxed, conversational way that he develops his characters, the sense of nocturnal adventure, the moral dilemmas faced by characters unable to shape the world to their own whims & the metaphysical role that the elements & the cosmos play in providing a backdrop to the human experience.

6. FISCHER's rating of the film Full Moon in Paris

Un des meilleurs films d'Eric Rohmer, avec une exceptionnelle prestation du narcissique Fabrice Luchini en doux dandy dilettante et une étonnante Pascale Ogier, inoubliable dans son rôle de la dynamique Louise... www.cinefiches.com

7. dionysus67's rating of the film Full Moon in Paris

One of Rohmer's masterpieces, this is one of the most philosophically astute treatises on love and modernity. Brilliantly acted, it is led by an impeccable Pascale Ogier who epitomizes the dualistic tensions in women's freedom to own their body and fate. Men do nor fare much better though and the witty dialogue and sparse style reveal Rohmer's love for his flawed characters. It features an astonishing party sequence!

8. K_Tarr's rating of the film Full Moon in Paris

9. ________b's rating of the film Full Moon in Paris

an intimate and nuanced character study of a young woman!!!

10. Emily O's rating of the film Full Moon in Paris

11. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Full Moon in Paris

12. nico's rating of the film Full Moon in Paris

Rohmer conceived a lot of great female roles, but a good role is nothing without a great actress to fill its shoes. Here, Pascale Ogier shows what it is to fully embody a character and still be able to provide a personal touch that wouldn't be there were it played by somebody else. And what about the outfits, the dancing sequences, the scene in the motorcycle under the moonlight? One of Rohmer's greatest movies.

13. Balthaz21's rating of the film Full Moon in Paris

14. Patrícia Nunes's rating of the film Full Moon in Paris

15. ReineS's rating of the film Full Moon in Paris

Egoism is human is consequent is true. You can add your thoughtfulness for feeling better but don't distort its origin.

16. choupinet's rating of the film Full Moon in Paris

The long dialogues are what make Rohmer's movies special and captivating. Almost feels like you're there, participating in the conversation.

17. fearraigh's rating of the film Full Moon in Paris

Probably the only romantic film to be established on geo-demographic principles. Talky in the best possible way and, even if Louise and Octave are each rather insufferable and self-centred, Ogier's and Luchini's performances win the viewer over. One of a number of great films Rohmer made in the 1980s.

18. cin·aes·the·tic's rating of the film Full Moon in Paris

Pascale Ogier (1958-1984) shines as Louise, who decides that she can never be the suburban (banlieue) wife and so spruces up a Paris apartment owned by her family (convenient, n'est-ce pas?). Fabrice Luchini makes the best of his role as the 'friend-zoned' Octave, who functions as confidant and co-conspirator. A classic Éric Rohmer film, somewhat diluted by the contemporary 1980s setting oozing from most scenes.

19. David R Williams's rating of the film Full Moon in Paris

Sometimes we get what we ask for only to find that it was not what we really wanted at all. If we are lucky, it is a lesson learned. Here however I fear that is not the case. One day our heroine will find what she truly seeks...but by then it will be too late. Wonderful performances.

20. Max Seqgar's rating of the film Full Moon in Paris

Oh yeah? You want your freedom? Take your freedom!! LOL

21. Allison Rung's rating of the film Full Moon in Paris

I loved this and though Luchini's stageyness tends to drive me nuts it works okay here. I would double-bill with A NOS AMOURS, its superior in spite of being more hysterical (diegetically speaking).

22. Nacnud Schmalz's rating of the film Full Moon in Paris

So droll. I happen to know a gal like that. Unfortunately, haven't yet met the ping-pong playa to get me out of it all... :-(

23. Insider1's rating of the film Full Moon in Paris

Good film but doesn't have the atmosphere of Rohmer's earlier films. But certainly worth watching.

24. Monsieur Arkadin's rating of the film Full Moon in Paris

All the typical profound mundanities of human relationships you expect from Rohmer. But this time, with the profound mundanities of early 80s dancing styles thrown in.