1. bryanvmh's rating of the film Funny Girl

So much deep focus I couldn't focus

2. Jack Joseph Kahn's rating of the film Funny Girl

Barb.... Barb... I just have one thing to say: Hello, gorgeous.

3. FISCHER's rating of the film Funny Girl

Une jeune danseuse engagée dans la troupe des Ziegfeld Follies arrive à force de volonté et de talent à percer dans le milieu difficile de la comédie musicale jusqu'à devenir une incontestable vedette ..... Pour les amateurs du genre ! www.cinefiches.com

4. Ariel Rowan's rating of the film Funny Girl

omar sharif is a hunk and a half in this, barbra is beautiful and dont rain on my parade is pure strength !

5. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Funny Girl

2-3. Barbra Streisand really does deliver a fun, vivacious performance in her role as Fanny Brice. And the film has dynamic cinematography, as well as some neat postmodern flourishes (using music to stitch elliptical editing together is a great idea). But it's really hard to talk about just how little conflict is happening in this movie, as well as the issues with the central love story.

6. richardlawrn's rating of the film Funny Girl

The fact that it is too long didn't bother me at all for it is so good. I enjoyed the first part way more, though. Barbra simply shines! The songs are very good as well, especially "Don't Rain on my Parade".

7. Superfrog's rating of the film Funny Girl

Good photography accompanied by remarquably dynamic filmmaking with creative camera work in a genre where the movement of the camera is often laboured. The script is somewhat unconvincing,but the scenes work in a way that makes you want to see the next. Ultimately pleasant.

8. tintinmugshot's rating of the film Funny Girl

If you're a Barbra fan you can give two or three extra stars, but I'm definitely not. And William Wyler had (much more) better days.

9. bulletproof isobel's rating of the film Funny Girl

barbara is a delight in this ones

10. PanelSystem's rating of the film Funny Girl

I knew nothing of this film, and it came as a treat. Musicals are always indulgent (like opera), and I'm happy to wallow. Sharif and Streisand are really very good, lip syncing and some weak lyrics ('I am man') aside, but what I find truly remarkable is Wyler: a former director of silent cinema pushing 70, yet 'Funny Girl' has touches of Godard with 'Une femme est une femme' clearly an influence.

11. Stefan Drees's rating of the film Funny Girl

Barbara Streisand's performance is stupendous, especially the different colors of her voice and the timing of her singing. Although the last part after the intermission gets weaker there are plenty of memorable sequences in the film. Two of my favorites are the roller-skate scene and the parody of Tchaikovskys "Swan Lake".

12. eugenie de sade's rating of the film Funny Girl

they shoulda kept the focus on her career, like in the first 30 minutes which were by far the most interesting of the movie

13. Justerodeusintherain's rating of the film Funny Girl

very good uplifting and funny, could of been cut a little shorter in my opinion after the intermission. Enjoyed both the leading stars performance , made me really miss the theatre.

14. Picard romane's rating of the film Funny Girl

15. SpacePirate's rating of the film Funny Girl

Easily Wylers worst film. Streisand is so far over the top its nauseating to watch.

16. João Abreu's rating of the film Funny Girl

Basically my unofficial biography.

17. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Funny Girl

Absurd on so many levels, but the final shot is memorably stark, and freighted with irony.

18. Eugene Kotlyarenko's rating of the film Funny Girl

nearly perfect first half, full of laughs and an empowering, aspirational storyline that doesn't take itself too seriously. then the intermission comes and it starts taking itself very seriously. which is fine because it does have a few effective emotional moments, but it also tends to drag in comparison to the breakneck pacing of the first half... probably streisand's best performance. Wyler is on point as well

19. Michael Peer's rating of the film Funny Girl

Big budget, Hollywood Studio fim-making at it's finest. Barbara is incredible, the music is fantastic, the sets and costumes are gorgeous. It's such a joy to watch and doesn't hold back from deep emotional resonance. The ending is unforgettable. Moving, heartbreaking, remarkable.

20. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Funny Girl

7.7/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-244

21. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Funny Girl

As the love story between the artist and the parasite is uninteresting, let's focus on the acts, the songs and the gorgeous William Wyler's mise-en-scene. The parody of Tchaïkovski's Swan Lake is hilarious. Highly recommended.

22. Rachel Tyler's rating of the film Funny Girl

Barbara Streisand. What an INCREDIBLE performance.

23. courtneylesueur's rating of the film Funny Girl

24. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film Funny Girl

This is so clearly a great performance that Hollywood's short-changing her with a half-Oscar seems mean spirited.