1. Sudipto Basu's rating of the film Fury

2. AKFilmFan's rating of the film Fury

Lang's 1st American film is an angry indictment of the failure of people (and the law) due to gossip and lynching. Too bad the studio meddled with the original story of the film and the ending.

3. Cineastic's rating of the film Fury

No film has made me question my own morality than this one. Pure angst. Pure brutality. It makes me go to pieces now; I can't imagine how one would have reacted upon seeing this film in 1936. One of Lang's towering masterpieces.

4. _Lilith_'s rating of the film Fury

A refreshing lack of subtlety.

5. Amadeus Magnus's rating of the film Fury

6. Laurs Kemp's rating of the film Fury

I adore Fritz Lang, but I strongly dislike blatant "message movies."

7. Ademption's rating of the film Fury

Decent with a slow & hokey first half followed by an edgy Batman-cum-courtroom-drama second half.

8. chanandre's rating of the film Fury

[Cinémathèque PT #182: 35 mm] Joe Wilson: "I got you a little momentum." - He meant memento." </3

9. Black Irish's rating of the film Fury

Lang's poisonous greeting to America.

10. Dave's rating of the film Fury

Joseph Ruttenberg is the only one I can really praise here. I actually consider it the most overrated film of Lang's American movies, if not his whole career.

11. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Fury

First film directed by the German master in Hollywood and the first of a cycle, that would not end until 1956, dedicated to the American legal system and its flaws. Another Lang theme, the blind behaviour of the mob, is also handled in FURY, a film that should belong to any well-educated gentleman's library. Masterpiece.

12. Christopher R. Smith's rating of the film Fury

Fritz Lang's fatalistic drama is very dated in some respects, but also surprisingly modern in its cynical depiction of the media and criminal justice system. The far-fetched plot is often heavy-handed, but Lang's taut direction and strong performances make it worth watching, even if it falls short of the classic it's been described to be.

2 Next →