1. Jérémy Poirier's rating of the film Gallipoli

An extremely powerful gut punch of a film. It hits you even more because of the humor and the camaraderie of these guys. Man, I love Peter Weir. "What are your legs?" "Springs. Steel springs." "What are they going to do?" "Hurl me down the track." "How fast can you run?" "As fast as a leopard." "How fast are you going to run?" "As fast as a leopard!" "Then let's see you do it!"

2. Marco Tassinari's rating of the film Gallipoli

3. ceknklsn's rating of the film Gallipoli

4. Genre films > French New Wave's rating of the film Gallipoli

A very underrated film, both in Weir's filmography war movies and coming of age films. At a lecture with Weir, he said he wanted to challenge Ingmar Bergman's theory that audiences will suspend disbelief for anything but killing someone. Let's just say Weir gave Bergman a run for his money. And that end freeze frame...

5. runfromfire's rating of the film Gallipoli

The first 70 minutes is essentially a road movie (albeit one with an underlying sense of impending doom given the historical context) with the second half playing out like a more traditional war flick. Like most Weir films it's sweeping yet simple and somewhat uneven at times but somehow this one works so much better. Plus, it features my favorite Weirism: that fantastically 80s synth soundtrack.

6. Andhika Eka Buana's rating of the film Gallipoli

Albinoni whatever whatever whatever Albinoni.

7. Jason Winstanley's rating of the film Gallipoli

8. mpho3's rating of the film Gallipoli

"Gallipoli is not as much a war movie as it is a road picture with the Battle of Gallipoli as the destination." - Celluloid Heroes. Featuring a not-yet-tainted Mel Gibson, sumptuous alien landscapes, and a devastating denouement, Gallipoli is one of Weir's finer efforts and a powerful anti-war statement. The final shot is brutal in its perfection.

9. Frankly, Mr. Shankly's rating of the film Gallipoli

The marking names together at the pyramids and the underwater scenes at the beach were too much for my contaminated imagetic: heavenly beautiful moments of subtle homoerotism and comradeship. Loved it.

10. Zachary George Najarian-Najafi's rating of the film Gallipoli

The end reminded me of Paths of Glory. Great meditation on comradarie and perseverance in the face of war.

11. Louise_Dietrich's rating of the film Gallipoli

Great film but the synthesizers were awful.

12. Rock and Bull's rating of the film Gallipoli

Some parts were incredible, some not so much. An uneven ride, but at it's lowest points it was still good.

13. Eleanor Abernathy's rating of the film Gallipoli

i really liked this movie...the ending is a very strong memory even after 20 years but geez, i just hate mel gibson.

14. Sunday's rating of the film Gallipoli

I need to view this film again. What I remember has a way of standing out like few other films, but that could be my seeing it at an early age. Definitely need to re-evaluate this one now that years have gone by.

15. John's rating of the film Gallipoli

I don't care what anyone says, I love that electronic song used in the film...