1. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Gallivant

Wind-swept and weird. Like watching Greenaway's 'The Falls' in a field while drunk. A bustling itchy-witchy flurry of regionalist eccentricity.

2. lostlevel's rating of the film Gallivant

Unexpected, sometimes odd, meandering but always it would seem to always be building towards a point. I guess if you get that from it or enjoy the journey you'll enjoy this film. I am currently a Brit abroad so maybe I am biased.

3. Algitya's rating of the film Gallivant

really want to praise it .. if only..

4. msmichel's rating of the film Gallivant

A potential cure for insomnia. The filmmaker takes his 85 year old mother and his 7 year old daughter, who suffers from Joubert Syndrome, on a trip around the coastline of England. The film reflects on the customs, folklore and eccentricities of the area's visit as well as on the family unit presented. If only it was interesting.

5. Giles J Davis's rating of the film Gallivant

I am so glad that this has made it onto Mubi. I saw this movie as a teenager when it first was aired and it captivated me. Gallivant is a REAL gallivant, exploring the wackiness of the British Isles. But beautifully it is the acceptance of two humans both far in age but close in awe and wonder that truly make this documentary magical. I was also lucky enough to go to uni with David Burnaud's son. Wonderful!

6. mithono's rating of the film Gallivant

Gallivant remains an absolute master-class at presenting the oddities of Britain. Even if some may find the style that Kotting has brought as too quirky, it's hard to deny the truth and realism that he has managed to draw from his footage. It's highly interesting both in its reflection of human-bonds and its portrayal of quintessential British-lives (though perhaps these people would be a bit more cynical in 2013).