1. Juan D.'s rating of the film Gambling, Gods and LSD

Some of the best use i've seen of the imperfections of poor quality image to render strong atmospheres. Soundtrack is awesome.

2. AugusteB's rating of the film Gambling, Gods and LSD

I could loose myself in this.

3. Superfrog's rating of the film Gambling, Gods and LSD

did not pull me in in spite of the locally pretty god work involved.

4. tim's rating of the film Gambling, Gods and LSD

rich white man traveling with hd camera and easy listening philosophy

5. Dada Kubin's rating of the film Gambling, Gods and LSD

An audio-visual trip that shows an eclectic mix of people searching for something to elevate them above our mundane life. Some would call it the search for the meaning of life. It’s got interesting stories but I was most impressed by the images and soundwork. Like a three hour long video art piece which has enough documentary structure to keep it interesting until the very end.

6. WH_J's rating of the film Gambling, Gods and LSD

The scenes at Toronto are shocking.

7. LeStalker's rating of the film Gambling, Gods and LSD

Le film est un peu long, les attentions portées par le réalisateur à quelques personnes en marge rendent toutefois le(s) voyage(s) plaisant(s).

8. maricn's rating of the film Gambling, Gods and LSD

I liked the meditative nature of film, but it's just exhaustingly long and at moments seem to drift away from point (if any)

9. Hodek Van Mealstrom's rating of the film Gambling, Gods and LSD

10. Ruben's rating of the film Gambling, Gods and LSD

Mixed feelings about this, a meditation on the search of mankind in something greater then themselves... Call it spirtiuality; the film shows it in many forms, some of which Mettlers' way of filming and editing makes it feel otherwordly. A very spontaneous film but this is also its weakness. Sometime I wished he would have deliberated more on what to inlcude, both in terms of shots and subthemes...

11. Yash Bhati's rating of the film Gambling, Gods and LSD

It's a cultural 'trip' in the quest for meaning of life.

12. captainfez's rating of the film Gambling, Gods and LSD

You could be on all three and this would still need an edit.

13. DrFirestone's rating of the film Gambling, Gods and LSD

What an incredible journey, an exploration of human soul - this urge to find a meaning (happiness?) that seems to unite and describe us all. There are some truly meaningful scenes and dialogues, like the idea that we are all parts of a single organism or the realisation that everything might be just an illusion, and the vagueness of "reality". A 3-hour-long mellow daydream about "being".

14. Nabil Hamzaki's rating of the film Gambling, Gods and LSD

"The cameraman tells me that in the Indian language of Malayalam, the common greeting is, 'Where are you going?' The usual response is, 'Over there.' Maybe there's a difference between looking for something and just looking. When you're part of what you're looking at, and it looks back at you, and you look back at it."

15. Cosma's rating of the film Gambling, Gods and LSD

We are in a Koyaanisqatsi area, with a more hybrid approach. The problem is... I don't know how to put it. There is a moral issue here. Oh, so you show me a huge christian revival meeting and then some bondage shows in Las Vegas and you think you're clever? I'm sorry, you are not. You are cheap, that's what you are. And losing the trust in the director makes these films very difficult to look at.

16. Andreas Holz's rating of the film Gambling, Gods and LSD

Interesting collection of disturbing rituals and people. Beautiful pictures.

17. fada19's rating of the film Gambling, Gods and LSD

On the road ... rock 'nd roll

18. Mihai Cristea's rating of the film Gambling, Gods and LSD

19. Chase Vault's rating of the film Gambling, Gods and LSD

Getting high on smack and then go to a poodle contest - yeah sure, why not? The people are interesting and the interviewer asks the right questions to get something smart out of them. But all together, the stories seem pretty random and superficial. Possible that this might have worked better as a series.

20. Yodia's rating of the film Gambling, Gods and LSD

on some kind of edge, walking on the brink or floating nearby. mettler documents people trying to feel warmth and love and excitement after a set of experiences growing up in this society. but the light they shine is somewhat too bright, and thus the shadows of their movements all the gloomier. to me it was a movie about contentment that none of the protaginsts knew, and circled around it on extremes.

21. Chorizophrenic's rating of the film Gambling, Gods and LSD

Fasten your seatbelts, turn the volume up and enjoy the transcendent experience of this voyage au bout de la nuit.

22. Korial's rating of the film Gambling, Gods and LSD

Mettler is a masterful weaver.

23. LibertyCapz's rating of the film Gambling, Gods and LSD

What is the point of it all? Is there a point? Does it really matter? We're all on the pursuit of something, whether it being happiness, meaning, money, god, love, pleasure... In the end it's not really about the goal, but rather the winding path that might lead us there. Really enjoyable documentary that attempts to explore the human condition.

24. Lavaggio Risciacquo Ripetizione's rating of the film Gambling, Gods and LSD