1. Malt Frisky's rating of the film Gandahar

The animation makes a Saturday morning cartoon look like a Disney high end production. There's a lot of imagination going on in the inhabitants that populate Gandahar but over all it's just a dull slow paced film that drags out the run with slow paced static shots. I tried to look past the phallic references but as the ship was approaching what I assume was Butthole Island I just gave up. Acid trip viewing only!

2. dave gunn's rating of the film Gandahar

A wild ride through a bizarre landscape of strange futuristic life forms as their idyllic life is threatened by the consequences of past mistakes made in their quest toward assumed brilliance. This story was a little hard to follow, and they pack a whole lot (literally a thousand years, in fact) in 90 minutes, but the animation alone makes it hard to look away from.

3. mávros skýlos's rating of the film Gandahar

i want to do drawing work for René

4. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Gandahar

I'm not saying it was obsessed with sex, but when the giant penis head thing exploded with giant pink jets of fluid ... Well, you get the idea. Also lots of tits. Tits galore.

5. Lord_Beria's rating of the film Gandahar

6. tassa's rating of the film Gandahar

Gorgeous environments, exotic/imaginative/really fucking weird characters, neat storyline, ridiculous amount of nudity, pretty good execution of a complex idea, and time travel stories are rarely well done/satisfying, this one is no exception

7. Joshua's rating of the film Gandahar

Completing Laloux's filmography within 24 hours has been wonderful but crushing when I see that its first times have to end. Not as spot on as Fantastic Planet or Time Masters, but a world of its own like always. With visionaries like Laloux, I am rethinking my approach to fantasy in general. It could have been the sci-fi elements. Or something much more that is left in the background (but never unsaid).

8. David's rating of the film Gandahar

An interesting trippy sci-fi, about a distant alien utopia, metal men, and a jorney through past and future. It has a few plot holes, especially at the end, but is worth watching if you are interested in surreal fantasy movies.